Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>Why The Von Helsons Are Innocent
or why GeminiSun thinks so, anyway</center>
<center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>

Please note the use of the word "THINKS". Until the plot moves, I am no more or less right than anybody else.

Also, just to head this off at the pass, because I know there is a certain amount of flame-happy twits on both sides:

I am a Gambino supporter.

My loyalty is with Johnny K. and his son. I don't care for the sisters. But as much as I may dislike them, it doesn't outweigh how sick I get of people accusing them of every single little thing.

So here's my rundown of why it's absurd to pin everything on the sisters, because apparently the Rumor Review isn't enough work for me. xd

Why They Didn't Destroy The First Mansion

First and foremost, the actual entry in Gambino's journal explaining how the first mansion blew up.

Gambino
Dear guests, Bucho, my head of security at G CORP has informed me that our...um...pest problem has grown geometrically. In fact, the problem seems to have grown SEVERELY.

WHAT?! What do you mean 'Silent Flash' protocol?! ONLY A HOUR AND A HALF?!!? Bucho, this is MY MANSION!

We CANNOT do this!!! I commmand you to stop this madness!! DO YOU HEAR ME?! What?! ... G CORP AI computer system automatically enacts 'Silent Flash' protocol when contamination levels reach severe levels?!! ARGH!! ... ahem. NO need to be alarmed my dear guests. Just keep doing your thing. Remember to stay focused on the task at hand, which is pest control... you know, don't go looking out the windows at the sky or anything ok? Good. PARTY ON!!

The Von Helsons don't fit into that anywhere. Bucho worked for Gambino, he was just telling him about the pre-existing security protocol. Yes, it is absurd for G CORP to have an automatic security protocol to BLOW UP GAMBINO'S MANSION in the event of a severe zombie infestation - but the entire zombie storyline was a takeoff on Resident Evil. It was a tribute/parody, and parodies rarely need to make that much sense. The story needed a bomb to neutralize the zombies, so the admins found a place to stick a bomb in. Funnily enough, that place was nowhere near the sisters.

Why They Didn't Shoot Gambino

First of all, when Gambino was shot, the sisters were at home drinking champagne and talking nonchalantly about the Easter event. That not only rules either of them out as the sniper, but casts doubt on the idea that they even paid for the hit.

Granted, there could be a bit of the conversation we didn't hear which would be much more incriminating, but the admins really aren't ones for HIDING what's going on. People get confused enough when the whole plot is out in the open. It's pretty good odds that they were just happily gloating about how now nobody would be paying any attention to Gambino, ohohohohoho.

LabtechX did have a shady business deal with the sisters, but what people seem to be forgetting is that they were paying him for a service he performed at the Anniversary Ball.

Von Helson Sisters
LabTechX
He delivers the package. He shall await payment. Crisp, umarked bills. 50 and 100 dollar increments only. To be delivered to my assistant who awaits under the largest oak tree on the north lawn. We do not have much time!

Ah, so it arrives. You shall get your money.

LabtechX was the courier, informing the sisters that the "package" had arrived. The payment was not even necessarily delivered to HIM. I'm leaning towards the "Labtech X shot Gambino" theory myself, but if he did, he did it on his own initiative.

The sisters had nothing to do with the shooting.

Why They Wouldn't Have Done This Stuff Anyway

What in the world would destroying Gambino's mansion have possibly gained them, beyond attention?

At that point in time, there was no feud. I suspect that the sisters probably resented Gambino being the glory hog that he was, but didn't really care enough to do anything about it. If Gambino's hosting all the parties, that means less work and more free time for the sisters, doesn't it? They could have thrown competing events, but why bother? It wasn't until there was nobody else to host anything that they decided it was about time to throw some events themselves.

"Wait," you might say, "then why were they out to get Gambino at the party?"

Well, I would respond, that might be because Gambino was starting a revolution on their home turf.

Imagine you're one of the Von Helson sisters. You and your sister are throwing one of the most magnificent balls on Gaia. You've been living like queens, sure, but this is the first glory you've ever gotten. The party's been assembled for three hours, and you're arriving fashionably late... only to find that that old rich guy from the other end of Gaia has completely stolen the scene and is getting all the attention and adoration, in the middle of your main ballroom.

You'd be annoyed too, wouldn't you?

So they lock his thread and send him off and start hosting the festivities themselves. Gambino is all fired up by this point, though, so he resists this and continues trying to stir up his revolution... just a little bit more quietly.

Really, I was rooting for Gambino the whole time, but you have to admit he gave them hell. This was THEIR PARTY, damn it, and he was running around undermining them and drumming up support for himself. He even "sabotaged the security system" (which is adminspeak for "Gaia went down in the middle of the event and we decided we should work that into the story" xd ), and by the time he made his second thread and attracted EVEN MORE attention, the sisters were well and truly fed up with him. That was why they kidnapped Gino - it was the only way they could actually get through to Johnny-boy. It was a horrible thing to do, and they were complete bitches about it, yes - but it worked, didn't it?

That also pretty much indicates what the sisters' idea of warfare is. They're passive-aggressive about it. When sending the security guards after Gambino didn't work, they kidnapped his son and put him in a no-win bargaining position, and that was the most aggressive thing they ever did against Gambino.

They're NOT out to get Gambino. They just don't like him much, and they want to have the glory for once.

What do they do while he's standing on the street, begging for donations and vulnerable?

Nothing.

What do they do while he's standing on his tower raving like a madman?

They sell picket signs and tell everybody how evil he is. Then they hold a party.

Do they ever actually attack him?

No. It's not their style. Even when they kidnapped Gino, they only kept him as long as they needed him to force Gambino to get out of Durem. (Gino was shown in their avatar for as long as he was because the admins don't change NPC avatars unless the NPC is going to be showing up in an event soon.)

They didn't destroy his mansion; his own security system did that. They didn't shoot him, and they probably didn't even pay the sniper. They're opportunistic, they step out into the public view as soon as he falls out of it, they're trying to win favor with Gaians - but they are not responsible for the Halloween incident or for Gambino's shooting.

I don't like the Von Helson sisters. I support Gambino.

But the sisters aren't responsible for his first fall from power, or for his second, more literal fall.

So stop accusing them, dammit.
Agreed. Besides, I believe the Von Helson twins are smart enough that if they hired an assassin, they wouldn't have him attack from their own city. That looks too suspicious. I'm guessing the assassin is an obscure NPC like Bucho, LabTech123, or someone new.
::clappity::
Wow, lotsa' feedback ya got here xD*Put's hand over his eye's and watche's the Baren Thread.*
I don't believe the sisters are guilty at all, it wasn't even there topic of conversation in the toon, it was menial things about plastic toys, I am also leaning towards the Bucho, Labtech x or Gambino himself wink
*clap, clap, clap* 3nodding
The first part about the bomb is true. As for the shooting thing -

It IS possible the Von Helsons hired a sniper. My reasons?

Well, they were drinking champagne and talking about 'bringing the public eye away from Gambino'. Why would they want to do that? Maybe because they wanted him to slow down in the process of building his tower, but maybe they hired a sniper during the time of the Easter event. And they were probably clueless that the tower would fall along with Gambino, so that explains the surprised expressions on their faces before they were smooshed.
..we have no idea what the Task that LabtechX was sent to do. and who's to say they Didn't put a hit on him, but then whos to say they didn't... Also i noticed this one little part
Quote:
It was a horrible thing to do, and they were complete bitches about it, yes - but it worked, didn't it?
first of all whether something works or not is no Justification, if someone resorts to Biological warfare to destroy an enemy is he Justified because it works?
Finally the blame of who started the Feud is pretty obvious, the sisters insulted Gambino almost shamelessly with no regard to how other people would take it, Gambino stated Facts, he never called them whores he said
Quote:
For all of their riches these two lack the Prowess it use it

Which is true remember the Library?
the Von Helsons started the Gambino/Von Helson Factionism when they acted all high and mighty over and Empty title, which is not to say Gambino didn't behave like a gentleman himself in some cases. Plus I'm sick of people saying he crashed the party, EVERYONE WAS INVITED! Gambino had just as much right to be there as any other NPC. okay thats my little rant. have a nice day.
Yes...... ninja .....I agree, because the sister's aren't smart enough for sabotage or any of that crap, I mean jesus, the smartest thing they've done so far is kidnap Gino to get gambino away. Oh, and maybe the picket signs. I'm a proud Gambino Supporter! W00t! w00t!
*stamps Trisk Stamp of Approval on Gem's forehead*
I think everyone is against the sisters because they look like the traditional hot skinny a** b***h models. So everyone turns on them. They have only been around for a short while and people seem so easy to turn on them. They do act like bitches though.
i want to hug you after that. I really do. heart :huggles:
heart

Bravo.

((Also wish many people would stop harassing the Von Helson supporters too. gonk ))

6,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
The Von Helsons may have "aided" in the realease of the virus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff