Welcome to Gaia! ::

The prices of some things on the marketplace are still way to high. I was searching for Emo Glasses, and some guy was selling them for 10, 000 gold. That isn't fair, they're only worth 1,500. Why are people so greedy. Now, on to the dicussion, why do you think this is still a problem, after many people have complained. I'm sure the Mod's are doing everything they can, but is that enough? Discuss.
There's nothing to stop them. You'll notice some donation items have a sellback of 1000g, giving them a realistic store price of 2000g. If they banned you from selling items over the store price, then many items such as (If I remember correctly) demon horns, OMFG hats, etc. would only be 2000g in the marketplace. sweatdrop

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
It's still a problem because it's hard to change human nature. Quite a lot of people are greedy, and they will always put store items up on the marketplace for more than store price in the hope that somebody 'foolish' will buy from them and they'll make a tidy profit.

According to Aerion's sticky in Marketplace discussion, selling store items above store price is a violation of the 'Marketplace Rules'.

I'm pretty sure that means you can report them to an online moderator. You might want to check first, though? I'm pretty sure that it's a no-no, but then again it's nigh impossible to moderate.

It makes me wonder why the admins don't just make it impossible to sell items at above store price. sweatdrop

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
kougramaster666
There's nothing to stop them. You'll notice some donation items have a sellback of 1000g, giving them a realistic store price of 2000g. If they banned you from selling items over the store price, then many items such as (If I remember correctly) demon horns, OMFG hats, etc. would only be 2000g in the marketplace. sweatdrop

Actually Kougra, non-store items have their store prices listed as "Not sold in stores". The marketplace can distinguish between store items and donation items, so I don't see why they couldn't do it.
Narcatus
The prices of some things on the marketplace are still way to high. I was searching for Emo Glasses, and some guy was selling them for 10, 000 gold. That isn't fair, they're only worth 1,500. Why are people so greedy. Now, on to the dicussion, why do you think this is still a problem, after many people have complained. I'm sure the Mod's are doing everything they can, but is that enough? Discuss.

We're actually not doing anything about it, because it is not against the rules.

The marketplace is buyer beware. If a user is foolish enough to buy something without checking to see other prices it might be available for, it is their own fault.
Noraboo
Narcatus

We're actually not doing anything about it, because it is not against the rules.

The marketplace is buyer beware. If a user is foolish enough to buy something without checking to see other prices it might be available for, it is their own fault.

Oh, well..that makes perfect sence. Thanks for clearing that part up.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
This will happen as long as there are greedy people and stupid people. However, as long as you know better to buy something in the store rather than buying overpriced store items, you won't have to worry about it. If there's anything to be worried about, it's today's amazing Kiki Kitty hike.

I'm selling Emo Glasses at 1375 in my vend right now. ninja
Mods don't have the time to deal with inflation.
Anyway, come on. You can't get everything you want easily. You need to work hard. It's not a problem. There will always be inflation. There will always be greedy people looking to make a ton of gold.

O.G. Gaian

Simple as this:

If people have the item, they can sell it for whatever price they want. It's their's.

If you don't agree with the price, don't buy the item, and look for a better deal.

If you're too lazy to look for a better deal, don't complain.
Seth Darkheart
It's still a problem because it's hard to change human nature. Quite a lot of people are greedy, and they will always put store items up on the marketplace for more than store price in the hope that somebody 'foolish' will buy from them and they'll make a tidy profit.

According to Aerion's sticky in Marketplace discussion, selling store items above store price is a violation of the 'Marketplace Rules'.

I'm pretty sure that means you can report them to an online moderator. You might want to check first, though? I'm pretty sure that it's a no-no, but then again it's nigh impossible to moderate.

It makes me wonder why the admins don't just make it impossible to sell items at above store price. sweatdrop

His sticky is a bit outdated. In addition, it only contains guidelines. Users can sell things for above store price, they can end their auctions whenever they want if they are not selling for as high a price as they would like, etc.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
whiteblaze1346
Mods don't have the time to deal with inflation.
Anyway, come on. You can't get everything you want easily. You need to work hard. It's not a problem. There will always be inflation. There will always be greedy people looking to make a ton of gold.

He's not talking about inflation, but rather charging ridiculous prices for store items. Store items have set prices.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Noraboo
His sticky is a bit outdated. In addition, it only contains guidelines. Users can sell things for above store price, they can end their auctions whenever they want if they are not selling for as high a price as they would like, etc.

Ah, I see.

Thanks for clearing that up, Nora. The word "Rules" was a bit misleading. sweatdrop
Seth Darkheart
Noraboo

Ah, I see.

Thanks for clearing that up, Nora. The word "Rules" was a bit misleading. sweatdrop

Yes, thanks again.
Seth Darkheart
Noraboo

Ah, I see.

I did some editing. ^^ It was made before the marketplace was really used much, so those were preliminary, however now it's been going for a while, and they're no longer applicible. Hopefully it will be less confusing now.
stare Yeah it is quite annoying. Tell me, whats the real value of a Staff of Angels? Because people have been selling them for prices and are just out-and-out gonk IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I hope they fix the problem too. The highest price for the most expensive item should be about 9-10,000g. And not everyone wins the lottery or randomly get like a billion gold for whatever reason so yes that is a fair price.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff