Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gaia is dying because of inflation? Justify your answer in a reply! :)

Yes, because... 0.48660714285714 48.7% [ 109 ]
No, because... 0.51339285714286 51.3% [ 115 ]
Total Votes:[ 224 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12 >

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

smile Gaia's my favorite spot to role-play, without it I wouldn't be here at all anymore, but there's no place i've found that's better, so here I stay! It's what brought me to the site and it's what's keeping me here.

Plus this place has the prettiest avis~

I love checking out the minishops forum, it's bumpin' constantly and it pleases me. Makes me want to start a shop but I don't have the time right now. @_@~~

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
student doctor
grape_overlord
I lurk in the other forums, but I tend to get bored of them easily. If I want to have good chats I just go on skype with friends or w/e.

IDK the other forums generally seemed to go too slow for me to have a good time. And CB/GD aren't really my thing.

[/img]http://i.imgur.com/vFny0.gif[/img]
So does that mean you think Gaia is dying? Do you have a stand on this issue?

I guess I don't think it's dying but I do think it's kinda lessening its ability to attract/maintain new users.

Almost all the people I was friends with have left the site and I don't even quite know why I'm on here anymore.

Strictly going by the GCD, people are furious and gaia sucks. Go on any other forum and that isn't true, but there are still tons more complaints than I am used to seeing and I've been here a while.

Honestly the biggest reason I see people leaving/not really coming around is because gaia just doesn't give a s**t about events/holidays anymore. I had a lot of friends who basically stuck around for those and now that gaia has p much stopped events they have all left.

Kawaii Nerd

grape_overlord
Chesapeake Cannibal
Day7

So uh, what's going on in Florida
:I

What isn't going on in florida lol

Civil rights apparently.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

pretty much, I wouldnt dare step a pinky toe in that state without a vest

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Chesapeake Cannibal
grape_overlord
Chesapeake Cannibal
Day7

So uh, what's going on in Florida
:I

What isn't going on in florida lol

Civil rights apparently.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

pretty much, I wouldnt dare step a pinky toe in that state without a vest

Same. I mean, I'm a pacifist and anti-gun kinda dude as it is. Florida terrifies me.

Tactical Superhero

grape_overlord
I guess I don't think it's dying but I do think it's kinda lessening its ability to attract/maintain new users.

Almost all the people I was friends with have left the site and I don't even quite know why I'm on here anymore.

Strictly going by the GCD, people are furious and gaia sucks. Go on any other forum and that isn't true, but there are still tons more complaints than I am used to seeing and I've been here a while.

Honestly the biggest reason I see people leaving/not really coming around is because gaia just doesn't give a s**t about events/holidays anymore. I had a lot of friends who basically stuck around for those and now that gaia has p much stopped events they have all left.
I get what you mean. I guess those events are a big part of what Gaia was to them.

But it's not because of inflation, which is the argument of this thread xd

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
neutral "Sees how many negative votes this topic has despite the rather cheery OP''

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
student doctor
grape_overlord

I get what you mean. I guess those events are a big part of what Gaia was to them.

I'm saying that I think inflation is the main reason why new users don't stick around. Lack of events/care for the actual site and not just the cash shop is why old users are getting pissed off.

Butyeah, inflation is not the only reason.

Tactical Superhero

zweet_dreamz
The reason why people stay for many reasons, but it isn't cool that all of the 'nicer pixels' are unobtainable for newbies without them coughing up some real dough.
I'm sorry, but old gaians have to cough up some real dough too, if they want pretty pixels. So I don't think this is a valid argument.

Tactical Superhero

grape_overlord
student doctor
grape_overlord

I'm saying that I think inflation is the main reason why new users don't stick around. Lack of events/care for the actual site and not just the cash shop is why old users are getting pissed off.

Hm, I'm gonna need a statistic for that. Too bad it's too hard to poll every single Gaian. What I'm trying to say is no one knows why new users -don't- or do stick around. We can't really justify that. I mean, I have never even seen a newbie set up a post here on the GCD (or CB even) that says "im leaving gaia i cant afford any items on here theyre too expensive so bye!"

however, i do acknowledge that a lot of old users are wanting the events and the storylines and all that. I mean it's the content of GCD everyday. xd

Kawaii Nerd

Why does this have so many down votes? confused makes no sense

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

August Star Of Heaven
neutral "Sees how many negative votes this topic has despite the rather cheery OP''

Chesapeake Cannibal

User Image
That's because a lot of the people who voted in here don't like people disagreeing with their doomsaying

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
student doctor
grape_overlord
student doctor
grape_overlord

Hm, I'm gonna need a statistic for that. Too bad it's too hard to poll every single Gaian. What I'm trying to say is no one knows why new users -don't- or do stick around. We can't really justify that. I mean, I have never even seen a newbie set up a post here on the GCD (or CB even) that says "im leaving gaia i cant afford any items on here theyre too expensive so bye!"

however, i do acknowledge that a lot of old users are wanting the events and the storylines and all that. I mean it's the content of GCD everyday. xd

True and true. It's not like I have stats, this is just what I personally believe.

Also, it's so much more fun to complain than to be the only one not complaining and have everybody telling you how wrong you are. redface

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Day7
August Star Of Heaven

Chesapeake Cannibal

User Image
That's because a lot of the people who voted in here don't like people disagreeing with their doomsaying

xd True I guess...

Wealthy Hoarder

student doctor
grape_overlord
student doctor
grape_overlord

Who would want to stick around with all the negativity around the GCD and Sf? I don't believe it's the high prices that drive people away from the website.

ITS THE COMMUNITY!

After what happened to me in another thread I am firm believer the community needs a make over.

Dong found it when I was new to gaia I had the feeling everything was expensive.

Phantom

No, it's just pushing away new users and having people whose interests lay primarily in the avatar concept leave to other sites.

Inflation isn't the only thing causing people to leave but I can't say everything is fine community-wise when it's really not.

It's not dying, it's causing a rift.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces