Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gaia is dying because of inflation? Justify your answer in a reply! :)

Yes, because... 0.48660714285714 48.7% [ 109 ]
No, because... 0.51339285714286 51.3% [ 115 ]
Total Votes:[ 224 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

Bowie-Spawan
Day7
User Image
Why is this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. not +? People too afraid to be wrong about their doom sayings, apparently

But what else would they do on the site if they didn't complain anymore? It's the only entertainment left! /sarcasm

User Image
I'm inclined to agree with this lol

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Now, now gaia cant die so easy... but in few years sweatdrop

Time-traveling Senshi

Of course the Game of Thrones forum will be bustling right now. After last night the whole internet is bustling over what happened in that episode. Still, you do make the point I've been trying to make for some time. Outside of the exchange minded forums, zOMG, the AT, chunks of the CB, the GCD, and the SF their enjoyment of the site isn't tied into what Gaia releases or where the current gold economy stands. They're not making thread after thread to discuss the inflation and how it's impossible to afford the new stuff so let's look for the good gold shop alternatives or inexpensive items to replace things. What they're doing is debating politics, sports, technology, and entertainment. They're discussing fashion, life, and connecting with people from their native lands. Yes making gold is a part of this site and what helps us make the avatars we use. However, and this is what Gaia was trying to do about two CEOs ago, if we make more use of the interests we have in relation to the site we'll be able to find so much more to discuss and far more people to connect with outside of avatars and gold.

That's what makes Gaia so unique. In one moment I could be discussing and debating about the ridiculous stuff going on in Florida and the next I can be sharing a sausage, red beans, and rice recipe with someone all while connecting with guild buddies in Towns. Yes it's sad that it's become harder to casually earn gold and be able to afford the new items on the site but that shouldn't make or break our time on here. What we put into our time here on Gaia and what we get out of it is what dictates our level of pleasure on the site. Focus on too much of the negative and yes you will become one of the doomsayers on the site and think the site is dying. Focus on what you enjoy most around the entire site and the negative won't be as much of a factor to you. The choice is entirely up to you.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

Chibi Halo
Of course the Game of Thrones forum will be bustling right now. After last night the whole internet is bustling over what happened in that episode. Still, you do make the point I've been trying to make for some time. Outside of the exchange minded forums, zOMG, the AT, chunks of the CB, the GCD, and the SF their enjoyment of the site isn't tied into what Gaia releases or where the current gold economy stands. They're not making thread after thread to discuss the inflation and how it's impossible to afford the new stuff so let's look for the good gold shop alternatives or inexpensive items to replace things. What they're doing is debating politics, sports, technology, and entertainment. They're discussing fashion, life, and connecting with people from their native lands. Yes making gold is a part of this site and what helps us make the avatars we use. However, and this is what Gaia was trying to do about two CEOs ago if we make more use of the interests we have in relation to the site we'll be able to find so much more to discuss and far more people to connect with outside of avatars and gold.

That's what makes Gaia so unique. In one moment I could be discussing and debating about the ridiculous stuff going on in Florida and the next I can be sharing a sausage, red beans, and rice recipe with someone all while connecting with guild buddies in Towns. Yes it's sad that it's become harder to casually earn gold and be able to afford the new items on the site but that shouldn't make or break our time on here. What we put into out time here on Gaia and what we get out of it is what dictates our level of pleasure on the site. Focus on too much of the negative and yes you will become one of the doomsayers on the site and think the site is dying. Focus on what you enjoy most around the entire site and the negative won't be as much of a factor to you. The choice is entirely up to you.

User Image
So uh, what's going on in Florida
:I

Kawaii Nerd

Day7

What isn't going on in florida lol

Jaeroon's Husbando

Distrustful Human

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
For me, what I enjoyed doing is nigh inaccessible due to the tremendous amount of gold needed to piece together a decent cosplay for the arenas. I could downsize but at the cost of accuracy, which will probably get less than favorable ratings. I've taken to lurking and just commenting on friends profiles every once in a while.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

I couldn't agree more. I find the SF, GCD and Exchange forums to be very negative, but when I step out and into the other forums there is little to no indication of a dying site. A lot of the users (and wonderful new friends) I've met in art freebies don't care much about items or gold. My fiancé who favors the LI forum would be happy in nothing but starter clothes just to talk with people. We all have different priorities on the site, which is why it infuriates me when I see extremely negative users trying to "teach" (more like force unwanted lectures) the generally uninterested users outside of the negativity circles.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
student doctor
Let's forget about the items and the cash shop. You're not forced to buy any of those.

If you're pissed that you can't afford that one expensive quest item, then you just let it pass. Those are just pixels.

^ I agree with those statements above. gaia_gaiagold

Rather than being too obsessed with cash shop pixels, just develop some self control and have fun in Gaia in your own way.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wheezing Member

...but I only come on Gaia for the avatars. D:

No offense, but the general 'crowd' on here does not consist of people I regularly enjoy talking to.

Nor do I roleplay.

My art isn't good enough to sell.

I don't really ride on any bandwagon to circlejerk in a thread somewhere.

So that leaves..
*scuffs feet*
Ah.. yep.

Bitching about inflation is fun I guess.

Well to be more precise, it's not the inflation that I care about.

It's the blatant disregard for the users who do not use Gaia cash.

Like.. if I were rooming with someone like Gaia, I'd probably draw a knife on them within the first week, kick their face in, and throw their naked a** into a poison ivy and briar pit.

I don't know how they managed to go from 0-douchebag in 6 months but I'd be impressed if they weren't running the place like some scumbag dictator.

Heart Tamer

I agree!

Of course, I'm not trying to invalidate the feelings of those who are upset over inflation, but...well, I posted something a couple days ago and I'll just paraphrase it:

I'd be a hypocrite to tell people, "hey, just ignore the items if they're too expensive" because I do have quests of my own (Portrait of a Deer y'know, just like everyone else :'P) and I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing with my avi.

However...it's like the outside world - maybe I want a fancy new laptop, or art supplies, or something which is out of my financial means right now, or might always be. I'm not going to sit around all day moping because I can't get it! I'm still going to go out and have fun with friends and do all the things I regularly do.
I haven't been on for a while, a long while to be honest, so you can imagine my surprise when I logged in a few days ago. Gold counted in bilions, when I left having a few mil would be an accomplishment for me D:

But that's just gold, did Gaia suddenly got worse for me because I can't afford s**t? Hell no! It kind of made me feel nostalgic, like when I joined I would dream of all those items(we're talking few k prices here people!) , never believing I'd be able to afford them.
Oh, the old times came crushing back emotion_awesome

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
I lurk in the other forums, but I tend to get bored of them easily. If I want to have good chats I just go on skype with friends or w/e.

IDK the other forums generally seemed to go too slow for me to have a good time. And CB/GD aren't really my thing.

User Image

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
Chesapeake Cannibal
Day7

What isn't going on in florida lol

Civil rights apparently.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tactical Superhero

grape_overlord
I lurk in the other forums, but I tend to get bored of them easily. If I want to have good chats I just go on skype with friends or w/e.

IDK the other forums generally seemed to go too slow for me to have a good time. And CB/GD aren't really my thing.

[/img]http://i.imgur.com/vFny0.gif[/img]
So does that mean you think Gaia is dying? Do you have a stand on this issue?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff