Sherlock

Yes 0.53316953316953 53.3% [ 217 ]
No 0.20884520884521 20.9% [ 85 ]
Yourmumlock 0.25798525798526 25.8% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 407 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16 >

Unholy Prophet

frozen_water
You hang out in the wrong forums, that's your own choice. I tend to frequent the ED and I can honestly say that aside from signatures I never hear about MLP or any other fandom. And guess what, turns out people have interests, and they are allowed to like them, if that in some way offends you that's not their fault.

If you can't handle other people liking things then that's your issue, and again, it doesn't constitute a debacle if one or two people don't like a free item when the majority involved had a great time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I've never said anything about a debacle your argument toward the OP does not apply to me, so kindly stop using it.

I'm not saying I have an issue with people liking things, I'm saying it gets annoying that every time I turn around I'm looking at some one oozing about how great something is. It's ok to like something, it's another thing to be obsessed with it and talk about it constantly.
How is it fair that I should conform but someone else shouldn't? All I am saying is that having to look at people go on and on and on about how great and wonderful something is gets tired fast, and I wish that gaia would stop accommodating for these people.

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Existential Existence
Free advertisement for BBC Sherlock biggrin they must like it.

cat_stare Pfft......I prefer "Elementary" on CBS.......of course, reapersun apparently doesn't like that show. cat_talk2hand

Rare

frozen_water
Sir Black Tea
frozen_water
Sir Black Tea
debacle?
Debacle? Hardly.

It was apparent from the get go that reapersun was doing a sherlock themed event, and if you know the user at all, you'd know she loves the show.

You got a free item, you weren't required to do anything for it, and people who do enjoy the show love it, how is that a debacle?

Multiple threads spanning the hundreds of pages long, much ire, headaches, and name-calling for a vague hunt, complete obsession over a puzzle. How can I not call it a debacle?
Because you had to "put up" with the GCD being really busy for a day while a bunch of users had a blast working together to solve a puzzle and unlock a free item for everyone, it's a debacle?

How egotistical can you get?

Because others who first thought the puzzle was fun but soon grew tired of how it was seemingly impossible and disliked the aforementioned endlessly repeated information, dead ends, arguments, etcetera? And yes, because a forum about a website became a forum about a television show that happened to have a convoluted puzzle on an unrelated website?

And discounting my opinion because I didn't enjoy something? How exclusionist can you get?

Unholy Prophet

frozen_water
Yeah, I have actually, as I've already said I participated in the event all day, and you know what the best part is? You didn't have to participate, you got to walk away the moment you wanted to while other people kept working at it. I'm still not seeing the debacle here.

I never said you disliked Sherlock, I was making a comment in the general sense, not to your tastes specifically.

You keep coming at me with the word debacle, yet I have never once said anything to the effect of today's event being such a thing.

Desirable Elder

You can't win them all I suppose.

Rare

kisyen
reapersun likes the show and like she said, it's 2/21/12: 221B, the perfect date for a Sherlock commemoration.

Sure, by why should Sherlock get a day over others? Unless this is the beginning in a trend of "days with puzzles in which we unlock items for fandoms" I'll be disappointed.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Eh as long as it doesn't interfere with anything a free item is a free item.
We have gotten free things in the past because of things like this.

Questionable Trickster

20,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Shoopuffs

Quite frankly gaia is starting to scream reddit, tumblr, and fandom.
It's getting quite annoying seeing all the meme and fandom items.

I swear if I see another mlp item I'm going to rage.

I feel the same way.
I console myself with 'at least it's not doctor ********' who'
or homestuck
or harry potter
or oh god there are so many I just want to remove my eyeballs with salad tongs

Hmmm I thought Gaia started out as an anime fandom site.

Son_of_Durin's Fangirl

Eternal Gatekeeper

15,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • 50 Wins 150
It gets a day because the numbers match, if this hurt your feelings we are sorry, go match some numbers up in your fandom. Sherlock is amazing. And free items are always good.

Fashionable Gaian

*Reads thread*

*IQ drops -9000*

Seems legit.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I just don't get it XD I had a conversation with my boyfriend
about it today. I don't understand the fascination with it, the obsession..
and I thought I may have missed something at some point. It's a show?
A movie? Both? I just have no idea. XD

It's not my thing. I never gave it a chance but typically mystery things
aren't my specialty. The GCD was flooded.. and now it's just flooded
with reaction to the event threads, etc. I wish this kind of fun would
happen with something I actually like, or better yet.. something I
actually know. But.. it was only a day and if I actually had work today
I would have missed all of it anyway.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Because the artist who made it, likes the show? The show is based on a very classic series?

The artists made a lot of items based on shows with what can be seen as fleeting fanbases.

This is a notable example. Probably on the highest end of fleetingness. Oh god, do I want that item so bad though gonk

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shoopuffs
frozen_water
You hang out in the wrong forums, that's your own choice. I tend to frequent the ED and I can honestly say that aside from signatures I never hear about MLP or any other fandom. And guess what, turns out people have interests, and they are allowed to like them, if that in some way offends you that's not their fault.

If you can't handle other people liking things then that's your issue, and again, it doesn't constitute a debacle if one or two people don't like a free item when the majority involved had a great time.

I've never said anything about a debacle your argument toward the OP does not apply to me, so kindly stop using it.

I'm not saying I have an issue with people liking things, I'm saying it gets annoying that every time I turn around I'm looking at some one oozing about how great something is. It's ok to like something, it's another thing to be obsessed with it and talk about it constantly.
How is it fair that I should conform but someone else shouldn't? All I am saying is that having to look at people go on and on and on about how great and wonderful something is gets tired fast, and I wish that gaia would stop accommodating for these people.

You did specifically disagree with a post I made to the OP about how the event was not a debacle, but regardless, it looks like you have no interest in defending that position so I'll drop it.

You don't have to conform to anything, you didn't have to come into this forum, get the item, and if you don't receive staff alerts (which are optional) and didn't come in the GCD today you would have never even known about the event. Hardly imposing.

Not to mention it's not accommodating anyone, reapersun did it because she likes Sherlock, not because the fandom came banging at Gaia's doors.

Desirable Elder

Piggyback-Chan
*Reads thread*

*IQ drops -9000*

Seems legit.

There is tantrums going on in this thread. It has been warned.

Bloblike Blob

Why not?
        It's infinitely preferable to the Gaia staff not doing anything whatsoever to interact with their userbase.
        And on top of that, you get free items. If you don't like it, just don't participate.

Sure this event had its warts, but it wasn't because reapersun decided to have a Sherlock event, it's because some people decided to take things too seriously and/or make things unfun for everyone else.

And for the record, I'm not a Sherlock fan. Not in the slightest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff