No 0.20884520884521 20.9% [ 85 ]
Yourmumlock 0.25798525798526 25.8% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 407 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

Buggy Punk

Galphath
Mereluna
Galphath
I would love if this kind of events were more frequent, if artists got the time and would like to celebrate their fandoms with us.

I'd rather the artists keep their fap material to themselves actually. .__. Her tumblr creeps me out.

But if you don't look their tumblr accounts where is the harm?
I just think the obsession is gross.

Unholy Prophet

frozen_water
Because you had to "put up" with the GCD being really busy for a day while a bunch of users had a blast working together to solve a puzzle and unlock a free item for everyone, it's a debacle?

How egotistical can you get?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You're kidding right?
Were you even in any of those threads? People were going insane trying to figure out that dumb puzzle.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shoopuffs

Quite frankly gaia is starting to scream reddit, tumblr, and fandom.
It's getting quite annoying seeing all the meme and fandom items.

I swear if I see another mlp item I'm going to rage.

I don't get this hating on the fandom items business, if I'm being honest I'm not a Sherlock fan, or an MLP fan, but at the same time I'm not forced to buy the items, or have any interaction with them whatsoever, so why does it matter? All it does is make the people who do like them happier, and let them enjoy the site a little bit more because they can connect with their avatars and fellow users who share the same interests.

Buggy Survivor

reapersun likes the show and like she said, it's 2/21/13: 221B, the perfect date for a Sherlock commemoration.

Time-traveling Senshi

Wait for May 4th, May 25th, August 1, or October 3. Those are days celebrated by other fandoms. I'm sure we have some Star Wars obsessed members of the staff. Not sure if anyone is into anything Douglas Adams enough to don a towel. I don't really think there are any obsessed fans of the Simpsons to even bring up the wedding date that could have been. And as for the day Ed and Al burned down their house and left their hometown, we already have enough actual Fullmetal Alchemist sponsor stuff to cover that date. Other fandoms do have their days but I've yet to see, outside of the Gaia-fied Potter house sorting event that went on last year, a staff member obsessed enough to do what reaper did today.

Today isn't just dedicated to the modern BBC or CBS Sherlock but to the iconic Sir Arthur Conan Doyle version of Sherlock Holmes, though in England they did their celebrating back in January on the 22nd with the way they structure their dates there.

And as for why we had a bazzillon (exaggeration) threads for this, it all boils down to geography. If the person who made the first thread was in North America and able to update the thread regularly then maybe we wouldn't have had so many. Unfortunately, she's Australian (We're in a guild together and friends so I know that little bit of info) and was likely asleep during most of the posting in that thread and unable to keep up with things when she woke up. So yeah, when that thread exploded and it became hard to keep up with the clues and what people knew someone made other threads to put together the latest finds.

Unholy Prophet

frozen_water
I don't get this hating on the fandom items business, if I'm being honest I'm not a Sherlock fan, or an MLP fan, but at the same time I'm not forced to buy the items, or have any interaction with them whatsoever, so why does it matter? All it does is make the people who do like them happier, and let them enjoy the site a little bit more because they can connect with their avatars and fellow users who share the same interests.

Because it's annoying constantly having to see and hear people go on about it. You can't even get on the internet without hearing about MLP anymore, it would be nice to be able to go somewhere and not have to deal with it.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shoopuffs

You're kidding right?
Were you even in any of those threads? People were going insane trying to figure out that dumb puzzle.

Yeah I was, and I've yet to see one of the people involved complaining. All the people I'm hearing from had a great time like myself. It's only those that want to be bitter and try and act like they somehow suffered during this event that are complaining (about a free item) and I'm afraid your dislike of a fandom doesn't mean that a majority of people weren't having a great time, and the whole thing in no way constitutes a debacle.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Because our fandom has really great and creative people. It's not a fairness thing. If someone else is in that position and loves something that much, they can do it too. And really, they have. It's just Sherlock's big right now.

Buggy Mage

I would love it if more anime fandoms became prevelant again. Since Gaia's roots are being an anime link list it only seems appropriate. I have not problem with extra items though, the new sherlock items are very high quality too. They've always had sponsor items that sort of broke the mold of expected and this really accomplishes that. But maybe They should ask the users what fandoms they'd like have items made from in ATA for instance. I bet they'd get tons of interesting ideas and requests. 3nodding
The puzzle left me completely out of my element but It was amazing to see people come together like that to accomplish something so difficult. If anything it was one of the more real community moments that've taken place here on Gaia so I say Its a valuable experience. smile

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shoopuffs
frozen_water

Because it's annoying constantly having to see and hear people go on about it. You can't even get on the internet without hearing about MLP anymore, it would be nice to be able to go somewhere and not have to deal with it.

You hang out in the wrong forums, that's your own choice. I tend to frequent the ED and I can honestly say that aside from signatures I never hear about MLP or any other fandom. And guess what, turns out people have interests, and they are allowed to like them, if that in some way offends you that's not their fault.

If you can't handle other people liking things then that's your issue, and again, it doesn't constitute a debacle if one or two people don't like a free item when the majority involved had a great time.

Unholy Prophet

frozen_water
Yeah I was, and I've yet to see one of the people involved complaining. All the people I'm hearing from had a great time like myself. It's only those that want to be bitter and try and act like they somehow suffered during this event that are complaining (about a free item) and I'm afraid your dislike of a fandom doesn't mean that a majority of people weren't having a great time, and the whole thing in no way constitutes a debacle.

Then you clearly haven't read the threads. I was lurking and trying to solve it myself and between people constantly fighting over who was on the right track and who wasn't, I finally gave up. It's not worth it to sit there and argue with people over a free item.
Also, I'd like to point out that I've never said I dislike Sherlock, that was a poor assumption on your part.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Shoopuffs

Quite frankly gaia is starting to scream reddit, tumblr, and fandom.
It's getting quite annoying seeing all the meme and fandom items.

I swear if I see another mlp item I'm going to rage.

I feel the same way.
I console myself with 'at least it's not doctor ********' who'
or homestuck
or harry potter
or oh god there are so many I just want to remove my eyeballs with salad tongs

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shoopuffs
frozen_water

Then you clearly haven't read the threads. I was lurking and trying to solve it myself and between people constantly fighting over who was on the right track and who wasn't, I finally gave up. It's not worth it to sit there and argue with people over a free item.
Also, I'd like to point out that I've never said I dislike Sherlock, that was a poor assumption on your part.

Yeah, I have actually, as I've already said I participated in the event all day, and you know what the best part is? You didn't have to participate, you got to walk away the moment you wanted to while other people kept working at it. I'm still not seeing the debacle here.

I never said you disliked Sherlock, I was making a comment in the general sense, not to your tastes specifically.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I'm just bummed the poses are ALL related to the mediocre show and we don't get any actual Sherlock Holmes stuff except for kind of the doorway.

Sigh.

she could've at least given me a chibi lestrade if she was going to fangirl the place up

l VUN l's Partner

Mega Rabbit

I thought it was fun. I've never seen Sherlock, but I liked it and would very much like more events like this. Much better than all the same threads that get posted in GCD over and over. One more "Gaia is so different after my hiatus!" thread and I'll go nuts...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff