Yourmumlock 0.25798525798526 25.8% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 407 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
BOTTOM LINE: The staff can do as they wish.

As for "Why Sherlock", its probably because of the quaint fascination Americans have for British culture.
Although, when you live over here in "the land of the grey", you don't really take much notice of your local culture.

Everyone is trying to be like somebody else... I find it interesting, from a psychological viewpoint...

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
John Columbo

As for "Why Sherlock", its probably because of the quaint fascination Americans have for British culture.

Unless Red Underwear is solely a British invention I don't think it has anything to do with....culture..

Special Snowflake

</3

I hadn't actually noticed a dominance of Sherlock Holmes items over any other fandom, and honestly I don't mind fandoms getting a special day event. If it's a free item all the better for me.

I'm not a personal fan of: Star Wars, Sailor Moon, etc myself, but did I like the items? Yes. Did I like that there was a bit of an event? Yes.

We need to concentrate on the what we're given, not what we're not.

Tricky Treasure

John Columbo
BOTTOM LINE: The staff can do as they wish.

Although, when you live over here in "the land of the grey", you don't really take much notice of your local culture.

Everyone is trying to be like somebody else... I find it interesting, from a psychological viewpoint...

And here I thought I just liked the show because it was good sweatdrop

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

i want a doctor who item (and not the ones already here)

Greedy Lover

Only the someone from the GCD could complain about a free item. . . . rolleyes

Duck

There are a lot of fan services in Gaia. Sherlock item is not the first fantard item, and it will not be the last one. Don't let the crazy fans upset you; not all the fans are crazy. I'm a BBC Sherlock fan myself, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a crazy omfgit'sbenedictcumberbatchlolorly fantard.
I'm pretty happy about the free item. At least you don't need to spend your gold on it.
If you don't like the item, don't use it. No one is forcing you. This is the Internet- of course everyone's free to have their own opinions.
Don't make a big deal about what the artist likes. She may be a crazy fan, she may be drawing a lot of things you can never accept, but don't be a crazy hater.

Rare

Tuffy Pillows

There are a lot of fan services in Gaia. Sherlock item is not the first fantard item, and it will not be the last one. Don't let the crazy fans upset you; not all the fans are crazy. I'm a BBC Sherlock fan myself, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a crazy omfgit'sbenedictcumberbatchlolorly fantard.
I'm pretty happy about the free item. At least you don't need to spend your gold on it.
If you don't like the item, don't use it. No one is forcing you. This is the Internet- of course everyone's free to have their own opinions.
Don't make a big deal about what the artist likes. She may be a crazy fan, she may be drawing a lot of things you can never accept, but don't be a crazy hater.

So you're calling me a crazy hater

For making a thread about other fandoms getting events

And nowhere in this thread saying anything about not liking Sherlock.

I think it's much more that fans need to stop being so defensive and allow people to not like an event/item.

Rare

Ethes Evos

Yes, because that is exactly what I am complaining about. Yes, I am not talking about how other fandoms should get events. Yes, of course.

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Point 1- If I remember correctly Star Wars also got a mini-event (May the 4th) and I believe there was an item dedicated for it to.
Point 2- There are a huge amount of blatant reference items, even to the point where some fans have called plagiarism on the artists for referencing a little too closely.
Point 3- it got a mini event because there was:
a) a staff member willing to plan/run it
b) fans/users who wanted and asked for an event and that specific pixel copy of Cumberbatch.
All in all, this is really no different from the pixel copy of Steve Colbert they made a while back only it was a lot harder/more fun to get.

Gaian

PK Flash
User Image

i admit, if it were a zyuden sentai kyoryuger item i'd be more on board for puzzle-solving and stuff x:

That video ain't even available, yo.

Greedy Lover

Sir Black Tea
Ethes Evos

Yes, because that is exactly what I am complaining about. Yes, I am not talking about how other fandoms should get events. Yes, of course.

Fans aren't being defensive about the item or the event, "debacle" as you call it but I can't for the life of me see as to why because a lot of people had fun or just wanted a free item, it's just as soon as the event died down everyone who felt alienated or apathetic to it piped up and demanded tribute.
There have been plenty of reference items, fandom items, gag items that commemorated or payed tribute to all kinds of things. Every fandom is going to get it's eventual tribute item, but even that thought isn't consolation enough to ANYONE.

This doesn't come off to me as a constructive conversation for the ideas for new events or to call attention to fandoms that'd like an item. It's just an excuse to throw some venom at Reapersun's way for being a fangirl, look at how you started your OP. God forbid because people's coveniences weren't catered to.

Greedy Lover

Adnama Lavode
I don't see why people have to complain about free things. Free entertainment, free item, free puzzle, probably at the expense of reapersun's own time. Complaining that her taste is bad taste, or that you didn't have your favorite fandom highlighted, or you can't have this, or can't have that, kind of makes the complainee look like a petulant child. You don't have to like her, her items, her fandoms, or anything in particular, but complaining about it is a complete waste of everyone's time. Suggest what you'd like, like a person with some courtesy, at least an air of understanding and respect for a professional.

If you haven't noticed, Waffles is everywhere. Basically created a fandom. I guess you're going to be pissed about that at some point because Lanzer likes his cat.

THIS

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

On a more serious note, I do hope we'll get more free items from the less popular shows. I always enjoy discovering new things and I'm pretty sure a lot of people know Sherlock by now.

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
The only debacle here is this bloody thread. Now, where's the actual grant link?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff