Watchmaker 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
Custom Cut 0.13868613138686 13.9% [ 19 ]
Anesidora's Gift 0.39416058394161 39.4% [ 54 ]
Your mum 0.2992700729927 29.9% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Rare

Been a while since I made a topic.

Last night the newest REI bundle was released. Among the excitement of a new release (because we so obviously don't get those quite often) was the question: All of the items in that bundle didn't garner as much excitement as some other items, and one of them, Trilune's Covenant, was released rather recently. So why did Gaia release them instead of the others?

In a more perfect world more interesting items would be rereleased, probably the Ciels. But of course they're drumming up excitement for Rosamund's Revenge. So, what items should they release?

By the way, as of last night, both the covenant and watchmaker were hanging under 150k.

Discuss:

-Why did Gaia release these items over others?
-What items do you want released?
-You could have gotten these discussion points by reading the topic.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

I'n happy that the trilune got re-released with a 3rd gen. Bought one at 114k. Wanted one for some time. But do wish they added other REI's, instead of watchmaker and custom cut . I was so hoping for Ciels, Runcible Spoon, Vivacenote or Le carousel. But none of them. T-T

Beloved Noob

___● I liked the ones they re-released because they're kind of items I look at and think "I want you, but I'm not going to spend gold on you when I could saving up for X." But now that the prices have dropped so much, I can add them to my collection.

I'd probably never buy a Custom Cut otherwise. So I'm content.

Beloved Nerd

Never was really interested in the REIs released...
Also, why are the REIs so expensive now - _- I thought that when a bundle is released, their price will go down...
I love Custom Cut, but I already have one. Nothing in this really made me feel I 'had to have it."

Beloved Nerd

Exzael
I'n happy that the trilune got re-released with a 3rd gen. Bought one at 114k. Wanted one for some time. But do wish they added other REI's, instead of watchmaker and custom cut . I was so hoping for Ciels, Runcible Spoon, Vivacenote or Le carousel. But none of them. T-T

Thought they already re-released Vivacenote?
Could've sworn they re-released the Watchmaker already too...

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

SaikoTaiko
Exzael

Thought they already re-released Vivacenote?
Could've sworn they re-released the Watchmaker already too...

Nope. I checked the other bundles earlier. They haven't been re-released. Well, the maker just did now.

And mostly the third gens get greatly cheap.

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
They'll probably re-release the ciel items in a random rig where you get one of them, or Rosamunds Revenge, or a super duper rare recolour that combines all 3 of them.

I'm wondering why they put a recolour of A. Woe in, but not A.Woe myself. I wants that item to be rereleased so I can get one cheap lol XD

Dapper Carnivore

I agree. Buying a bundle for rei that is cheap in the mp. No.

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
Fiorii
They'll probably re-release the ciel items in a random rig where you get one of them, or Rosamunds Revenge, or a super duper rare recolour that combines all 3 of them.

I hate that this is probably going to be right. gonk

On topic, very glad I decided against buying custom cut last week now lol. whee

Demonic Citizen

User Image

I don't understand it either. They were exceedingly unpopular EIs from what I gathered.
I do think it is clever, though. They probably know that if it has a decent recolour, they can just simply dump anything in and people will buy it. I'm sure that if a bundle came out with a Ciel/Rosamund recolour, but had a combo as unpopular as... Say... The Taiga, Timmy and that snake egg EI, it would still be bought just for the recolour. (Probably.)
Personally, I want to see a re-released Woe. Usually recolours released in this circumstance get re-releases, and this one hasn't, meaning it has inflated since the recolour came out. Which sucks, because I was going to buy one and its the only EI I really want to see re-released. emotion_donotwant It would have been so much better having Woe in this bundle, and certainly would have made more sense.

User Image

Stellar Succubus

It's a money making technique.

Make a recolour people will love, and will be willing to part with a decent amount of money for. If they made it cost 1299GC People might think that price is a little steep for just a recolour, but people want the item because it's new and goes with a lot of the items they already own, and perhaps has extra poses.

To stretch that dollar a little further and make it seem more like a good deal, include it in a bundle with three other items that weren't as popular and people will buy them all for a greater price to get the one good item.

You see DVD sets, CD compilations and other things being sold like this all the time. It gets people to part with a bit more money for what is realistically only one item because it comes with other items.

It's clear that it works judging by how much the other REI's drop in price, people are selling them off to make a little gold, when they purchased the bundle simply for the recolour.

Golden Gawker

>>>: I thought this was a great bundle!
I've been thinking about buying all of these rei's but just never got to it,
and now that they were being released all at once, and with a recolor,
I just had to grab it! Since I still hadn't bought those rei's xD

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
They're fine items, but yeah, Gaia could have also released some more interesting REIs for the bundles. Ah well, I guess that's the decision of the marketers (or the artists, AS USUAL).

Invisible Cat

All those rei one I have the others are eh. If they did Ciels I would buy like crazy .

If they did Antique Shop I would think about re- getting it. I would love Runcible Spoon . So I'm hoping they come out later on with better ones

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff