Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I have run into this problem countless times. I was trying to do alchemy and almost ALL of the items I needed were gone. For example, the item Big Game Trophy has a constant problem of disappearing whenever I need it. Some people tried to take advantage of it by selling it for 100,000g rather then its normal 14,000g price. See my pink and white bangs? The item Roseus Diamond Dog disappeared off the market last week and now that it's back up, people are trying to sell it for a million instead of it's average 286,000g.

It annoys me soooo much when items disappear for a long time only to come back at a horribly inflated price. I personally just think it is hoarders who know people need/want certain items. They take advantage of alchemy items and now it's IMPOSSIBLE to level up. I'm not paying 400,000g for an alchemy component that creates a 14,000g item. cat_burning_eyes

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I had this problem with the Gut Buster.

I must have scoured the marketplace for four weeks waiting for one of those goddamn sausages. Two were suddenly listed at the same time, and I -needed- to make a piggy avatar gorging itself. o _o The satisfaction...

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Since rigs have the option to sell items to the store... that's what some people are doing once the price gets too low.

Plus that, and there's no real demand for the item than people are more likely to hold out.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Jackathyn

I must have scoured the marketplace for four weeks waiting for one of those goddamn sausages. Two were suddenly listed at the same time, and I -needed- to make a piggy avatar gorging itself. o _o The satisfaction...

now that there are a couple of listings for hops the goat, i feel like i should buy one just to make sure i have SOME way to make a drunken st. patty's avatar, but at the same time i hate spending 70k on a "maybe".

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
diet otaku
well, any of you guys know of a replacement for the mug of beer in sdplus odanodan or hops the goat?

Well for the goat it verrys on what you wanted for it as for the beer I would try going on to tektek.org and looking if there are other "beer" items that suit what your looking for.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
Darksp
Weirdly enough, I had an experience with this with "Fluff n' Stuff"

I noticed there were rarely any listings, and I wondered if it was rare, so after I managed to buy one, I set the price for 1 mill, and waited for people to sell it for cheaper. I didn't mean to try to raise the price or anything (it went up 5-6x original price) I just wanted to see if people would sell it if they thought they could get a decent price for it.

Hopefully for all the people who wanted that item, it will soon drop in price, but with a higher supply.

User Image

This with that item. (Your post actually reminded me to check it again. Thanks!) I remember someone made a really cute avi with it, so I went to go look for one on the marketplace. So listings. So then when listings appeared, they were super-inflated. But now there's some more reasonable listings and I was able to get one.

And so the cycle repeats. I'm waiting on 2 rather more mid-range items (about 200K each). Both went exist and now one of them has gotten some inflated offers (each offer is about 1 mil). So now to wait until the reasonable offers come in. That how the marketplace works: you either wait for an offer you're willing to pay OR if you want the item badly enough, you pay the inflated rate.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
There are a LOT of reasons people have come up with the reason for some items that are fail items in RIGs to become so... obscure and practically extinct.

The biggest reason originally was the fact of Alchemy and their obsurd amount of fail items required to make certain items. I posted a thread before [I'll have to find it] that showed how ridiculous the item requirements are.

Also, there is the fact that some people actually collect fail items, and at a crazy amount too. Some people have been known to own 20 or so fail items of the same type [I do not have names, nor do I claim to know, but there are people out there that hoard such things. Same with MCs]

Jeez, there are so many reasons it is practically insane to think about them all. I myself do sell back fail items from my inventory should I even buy a RIG [which I do not...]

Apocalyptic Worshipper

I try to always sell my stuff on the marketplace, but if sellback value is 10k, and the item is not selling for even that on mp, then sorry...

Demonic Raccoon

22,675 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Survivor 150
I have to really thank this thread. Since I posted about my woes of finding Green Intentions, not only did I get one from an anonymous gifters, but one showed up on the MP. So now I have 2 down, only 8 more to go!!

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
diet otaku
Jackathyn

now that there are a couple of listings for hops the goat, i feel like i should buy one just to make sure i have SOME way to make a drunken st. patty's avatar, but at the same time i hate spending 70k on a "maybe".

Grab it.
Worst case scenario, you can turn around and ping it closer to the day for a profit. Everyone's gonna wanna be sauced.

Demonic Lover

It happens all the time with really cheap and unloved SD+ dolls x ox most of the time, when they do end up appearing, they are inflated beyond reason uo u; it's super silly because those dolls are not going to be bought at those prices ux u; (so looking at you Rancher Bill, you too Percy ;>_> haha). I usually search the marketplace daily for good prices on SD+ dolls C: sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I wish I had waited XD; after a few weeks of searching, I bought a Leon doll at 75k and today I saw a Leon doll being sold for 29k uo u;

Stellar Succubus

I think for the items under say, 100k, they're not seen as worth enough to waste slots in their market store.

I've noticed those items tend to go in inventory sales in the exchange. If you're looking for cheap-but-often-unsold items, that's where you often find them.

When I was going for homestuck mood bubbles... some of those were reasonably cheap, but no one sold them. I hovered on the MP listing for some of those and snapped them up as soon as they'd list!

Astounding Enchantress

diet otaku
Konan Tatsuhiko
diet otaku
okay, to get specific, i am thinking of sdplus odanodan. i sincerely can't imagine anyone selling that back to the store for 20k when they could sell it on the MP for 250k or even 500k.

Well there's your problem
dolls are a fickle mistress in the MP

Apparently they're hard to sell and unreliable
so there's near zero supply for them from venders and exchangers
leading to most people not wanting to touch them with a 9' pole

All I can say is watch the marketplace; someone someday's gotta sell one
it's just not something most people look to buy or sell so listings get rare
even if the doll is normally cheap

i SO wish there was a "notify me when this item is listed" option on the MP.

There is one in notices - "Wishlist Item Available For..." will give you a notice when an item on your wishlist is on the mp.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Your definition of cheap is 250k?

Dayumn, son.

I think it happens because the items stop popping out of RIGs.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Kachi Firebird
diet otaku
Konan Tatsuhiko
diet otaku
okay, to get specific, i am thinking of sdplus odanodan. i sincerely can't imagine anyone selling that back to the store for 20k when they could sell it on the MP for 250k or even 500k.

Well there's your problem
dolls are a fickle mistress in the MP

Apparently they're hard to sell and unreliable
so there's near zero supply for them from venders and exchangers
leading to most people not wanting to touch them with a 9' pole

All I can say is watch the marketplace; someone someday's gotta sell one
it's just not something most people look to buy or sell so listings get rare
even if the doll is normally cheap

i SO wish there was a "notify me when this item is listed" option on the MP.

There is one in notices - "Wishlist Item Available For..." will give you a notice when an item on your wishlist is on the mp.

yeah but i can't do it for select items and i have HUUUUGE wishlist.

@yeata - well, considering how many items these days go for MILLIONS, yeah, 250k is moderately cheap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff