Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
on more than one occasion i've noticed that a relatively cheap, non-store item will just... stop being sold. something that has consistently been in the 250k or less range, so it's not that it's particularly rare and all the available copies are in the hands of owners who want to hold on to it (e.g. angelic halo). but there are no listings on the marketplace, nobody in the exchange is selling it or has even mentioned it in months... it's like it stopped existing. how does this happen with relatively common items?

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
We have too many items for RIGs to be able to pump the fail items out along with the more current stuff.

Which is why I liked the idea of them having a rig that was nothing but the cheap fail items but for w/e reason it hasn't happened again.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Alchemy.

Also the above explanation. The fail!RIG sold horribly and can still be bought on the MP, unopened, a year and a half later, for around 100K.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
so the price of the item is no longer indicative of its supply? if the supply is shrinking, why isn't that resulting in people selling them for higher prices, rather than just not selling at all?

Dead Hellraiser

diet otaku
so the price of the item is no longer indicative of its supply? if the supply is shrinking, why isn't that resulting in people selling them for higher prices, rather than just not selling at all?
They've tried. Users won't buy them for the higher prices, so the price drops back down.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

Also the above explanation. The fail!RIG sold horribly and can still be bought on the MP, unopened, a year and a half later, for around 100K.
What was it called again?

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
well, any of you guys know of a replacement for the mug of beer in sdplus odanodan or hops the goat?

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/76894

clarion's King

Super Model

diet otaku

A mediocre item is exactly that... mediocre. If there was only one pair of peasant booties on Gaia, I doubt anyone would care much, because no one would want it enough for its functionality. I also suspect that a lot of items get sold back to the system as opposed to being held for the sake of it—especially the ones that are repeats from old sets. Rigs just produce too many items.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

Ivan's something or other. Found it by accident searching for SDplus dolls.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Meromictic
Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/76894
Thanks~

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
MistressMinako
Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

Anyways, the Fail Rig should come back at, like 99 GC or less and should be a perma-fixture into the CS.
Pricing it higher would make it less than desirable

fxxkin demon

I know Alchemy is the big answer but I do have another theory too.

Sometimes an item is released and there is little it matches. Then a popular REI or MC comes out with a similar color scheme and everyone is scrambling to put together a look. The cheapy item disappears or the price jumps like crazy.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
it's b/c they're too much of a pain to sell and people sell them back in their inventory.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Hi-Potion
MistressMinako
Alchemy.

Anyways, the Fail Rig should come back at, like 99 GC or less and should be a perma-fixture into the CS.
Pricing it higher would make it less than desirable

Anyone is welcome to argue for it in ATA, and there is, supposedly, some changes coming to Alchemy in 2013.

Personally, I do not participate in Alchemy and I spent quite a lot of time and effort arguing with the staff for even the smallest of adjustments that would improve the system. So far, they've refused to do much of anything and I frankly don't care anymore.

So good luck to anyone who does argue for another fail!RIG.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff