Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spirited Nymph

Have you ever started on an avatar, gotten everything perfect down to the last detail, but then that one item you need to really pull it together just isn't in the mp and no one is selling it in the exchange?

I have been stalking the mp and exchange almost religiously for the last two months. Why is Astra: Spooky Hall so scarce? ;n; Its not even that expensive, or even quest material. Come ooon why can't they rerelease it in a rig or something already? And is it just me or am I seeing it everywhere lately. mad

gaia_spoons Has this ever happened to you?
gaia_spoons Do you obsess over that one perfect item to complete your avatar?
gaia_spoons What elusive item are you after?
gaia_spoons If so why do you think its so scarce?
gaia_spoons Have you been lucky enough to have that special item rereleased in a rig?
gaia_spoons Or is Gaia just coincidently being a giant tease and its really pissing you off? emotion_omnomnom

/vent

//BIG thanks to .~[Misty.Muffin]~. for gifting. <3

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Yar, for labtech week, I was pulling together a nearly perfect LabTech138 cosplay, only to realize that the one thing I was missing--bouncy antennae--was nowhere to be found on the marketplace! gonk

I think everyone was feeding theirs to the convert-o-matic instead of selling them. I ended up trawling the chatterbox, wanted subforum, and the LabTech week event thread, trying to find someone willing to sell me theirs. xd

Spirited Nymph

The Iron Magus
Yar, for labtech week, I was pulling together a nearly perfect LabTech138 cosplay, only to realize that the one thing I was missing--bouncy antennae--was nowhere to be found on the marketplace! gonk

I think everyone was feeding theirs to the convert-o-matic instead of selling them. I ended up trawling the chatterbox, wanted subforum, and the LabTech week event thread, trying to find someone willing to sell me theirs. xd

Oh man its even worse when you're under a time crunch. :<

Did you ever get'em?

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Spooky Hall was a rare drop in one of last (?) Halloween's RIGs (a pumpkin one?). I was sad it didn't drop more, too. Here's hoping for a rerelease this year. As for items not being in the MP, I just wait. Things will show up eventually, guaranteed. Then again, I'm patient enough to wait years for items, so.

Spirited Nymph

Reed Meroe
Spooky Hall was a rare drop in one of last (?) Halloween's RIGs (a pumpkin one?). I was sad it didn't drop more, too. Here's hoping for a rerelease this year. As for items not being in the MP, I just wait. Things will show up eventually, guaranteed. Then again, I'm patient enough to wait years for items, so.

I am so restless for it though. Just waiting for an Espeon tail is testing my patience. emo

Dang instant gratification doing me in.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asru
The Iron Magus

Oh man its even worse when you're under a time crunch. :<

Did you ever get'em?

Yeah, it was really irritating. I mean, you can see that there are tons on the MP now, so I never thought I'd have trouble finding them. Since the spring cleaning event was then in full swing, I can only imagine that's where they were all going...

But yes, I did eventually find someone nice enough to give/sell me a pair.

They wanted to give, but I insisted on a finder's fee.

Spirited Nymph

The Iron Magus
Yeah, it was really irritating. I mean, you can see that there are tons on the MP now, so I never thought I'd have trouble finding them. Since the spring cleaning event was then in full swing, I can only imagine that's where they were all going...

Oh well glad you found them! I'm sure with the spring cleaning event going on there was a lot of stuff like that getting bought up. Not gonna lie I made a quick buck here and there from people feeding the machine. At least you still have the outfit though. That labtech stuff is swanky enough to wear year 'round if you ask me. emotion_awesome

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Asru
The Iron Magus

Oh well glad you found them! I'm sure with the spring cleaning event going on there was a lot of stuff like that getting bought up. Not gonna lie I made a quick buck here and there from people feeding the machine. At least you still have the outfit though. That labtech stuff is swanky enough to wear year 'round if you ask me. emotion_awesome

Durn straight. I've got it saved to one of my outfit slots in case I want to trot it out again.

Because there's no way I'm gonna equip all those head items one-at-a-time again.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

When I wanted my Thea doll it was like that. I finally managed to get it and overpaid for it.
-stares at the price now and sighs-

Usually i try to stick to my inventory and obsess and get angry over my lack of finding what i need
= u=

Spirited Nymph

The Iron Magus
Durn straight. I've got it saved to one of my outfit slots in case I want to trot it out again.

Because there's no way I'm gonna equip all those head items one-at-a-time again.

Heh I have mine saved in a slot too, minus the Spooky Hall at least. Just in case. whee

IT WILL BE MINE. emotion_donotwant

Spirited Nymph

I have a gift in my inventory?? eek

Spirited Nymph

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
When I wanted my Thea doll it was like that. I finally managed to get it and overpaid for it.

Usually i try to stick to my inventory and obsess and get angry over my lack of finding what i need
= u=

You're a doll. An absolute doll. Thank you. <3 You have to let me pay you at least.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Asru
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

= u=

You're a doll. An absolute doll. Thank you. <3 You have to let me pay you at least.
heart You're very welcome.

No way! emotion_donotwant heart It was just sitting in my inventory not being used, so this way it gets some love <3

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

This has happened to me more than once. Usually I'll just stick the item on my wishlist and hope it will show up on the MP someday for a reasonable price. *stares at the SDPlus dolls*

It's the absolute worst when you want the item to complete an avatar you want to wear now, though! gonk

I Noticed You's Problem

Snarky Bear

50,840 Points
  • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
  • Garish Bear! ʕ•㉨•ʔ 500
  • 捕まりました☆ 500
UGH ME RIGHT NOW

I've got a really cute avatar lined up but I need an Authoritative Daeva. ;; There are other horns out there but these layer and suit the other items I'm gonna wear so well. I think it was an old LQI??? So apparently they actually became limited in quantity I cry.

I've had it happen before and stuff gets re-released in a rig, but usually I find another item. I do get more lucky when I'm trying to finish collections I have tho. They just re-released Orphan of the Odd Order, which was the last one I needed. emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff