Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Pants

18,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I wouldn't mind having a way to go to Bank of Gambino and open up a new savings account under this same username. Or, better yet, have an upgraded bank with extra features.

Hell, for a fee (goldsink!) I could open up several accounts and name them different things:

Quest Account. (For any items I'm questing.)
Business Account (For if/when I do avatar art.)
Donation Account (For if/when I decide to donate to other people's quests).

Or, hey, even have an auto-deposit feature. I can set it up so that every day/week 1,000 gold is moved from my regular account and into one of my aforementioned savings account. Better than creating a whole entire new account (and having to do everything that comes with it, like get an aquarium that I'll never use) just to let my gold sit there. I'd much rather be able to manage my gold on one account than several others for the same exact purpose.

Aged Gaian

The Devs/Admins have said that this will never happen. It would assist inflation. If you want a "bank" to store your gold in you can use a mule for that.

Another reason why we don't need a bank... Unlike Neopets, we don't have random events that take away or give gold/items.

Beloved Werewolf

16,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I would love something like that, so it'll keep me from buying a lot of things that I don't need or can't work with. Plus, it'd help me to save up for items that I'm questing.

Sweet Glitch

The bank also could charge you for lack of movement and for having your bank account open also for withdraw all the gold, yes? smile

I tried to have a mule as a bank...and all the process is tiring. So what I do is self control and ask myself.

Do I really want it?
What else I can use this for?
How many poses I do like?

And so on...till my exaggeration for that item get lost.

xd

Stone-cold Cat

13,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I do.
Like neopets.
But without interest, cause that's why they wont make us a depositable bank due to people making huge interest.

I am a hug believer of "Out of sight out of mind".
Cant see the gold.. ont spend it

Fashionable Bear

AliceLoathesWonderland
I do.
Like neopets.
But without interest, cause that's why they wont make us a depositable bank due to people making huge interest.

I am a hug believer of "Out of sight out of mind".
Cant see the gold.. ont spend it

This.

It's especially easy when a new item comes out or something, and it's staring at you from that top corner. Grr.

Durem Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
isnt user bank store illegal in gaia? Im not sure

Bashful Shoujo

16,750 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Conventioneer 300
We do, It's called your gold count, you can see it on the top left of the screen, near the Welcome back ____ and the Logout button!

neutral

Formal Pumpkin

Not going to happen. That would just a pointless feature that would waste the time of the devs and staff. One just needs to learn how to wisely spend their gold. What you are suggesting is a savings account, not a bank. You and everyone has a bank, it is in the top right hand corner of the screen. Your gold amount. That is your bank. Every transaction is like using a debit card, taking gold out of your bank.

You want a special side account that you can transfer gold to. You also have that. It is called getting a mule and starting a trade with it. (As other users in this thread has mentioned)

Tricky Bunny

I believe that is what my six mules are for.
Orz, could always try to control impulse buying. wink

Omnipresent Gaian

So, instead of creating a space to stick gold for out-of-sight-out-of-mind purposes, we're instead encouraging users to flood the already flooded system with accounts that serve no real purpose other than to create trades we're not planning on completing cat_confused

...Brilliant, real brilliant cat_stare

Nevermind how Gaians whine about usernames not being available or how, if think of the possibilities, a bank storage with a password feature could be a great extra protective measure should one go on hiatus for a bit due to IRL issues cat_rolleyes

Meh... I support the idea and always will cat_3nodding And you naysayers, with your love-hate relationship with inflation, can prattle on 'bout how pointless you claim the feature to be... But like any other feature on Gaia, most of which are pointless when relying on your definition of what 'pointless' is, you are NOT obligated to use it cat_razz

Sweet Glitch

Luminous Sparks

It certainly is by obvious reasons.
But guess the OP is suggesting a NPC one...someone mentioned that the girl in charge of trades use to have one, but got defeated by the early inflation or something like that.

Beloved Perfectionist

User Image

It depresses me that most of the users in this thread dont know Meredith exists emotion_facepalm

anyway if you want to save gold just dont spend it. lol

Durem Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
nanieru
Luminous Sparks

It certainly is by obvious reasons.
But guess the OP is suggesting a NPC one...someone mentioned that the girl in charge of trades use to have one, but got defeated by the early inflation or something like that.
i guess it really depends on the gaia staff if it will happen

but i doubt it though cos they dont mind having us getting our own mules to store accounts etc..

Loyal Gaian

16,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
Eh. I'd really like a guild bank...

But I'm cool without any other kind of bank.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff