Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Mystic

12,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
I think we should have a way to store and save our gold, like a type of bank, because aren't there some people out there like me who let their gold burn a hole in their pockets? It would be nice though, to save up our gold and gaia cash right??? Who else agrees?

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
I don't know how that would stop you from spending it anyways. I wouldn't put anything in because I am lazy.
You could put your real money in a bank.

I think there used to be a user run bank or something though....

Magical Cat

Maybe a mule account.

Cambrie Noel's Husband

Wicked Demigod

This has been petitioned for before, and it's not something that is going to happen..
If you have a mule, then start a trade with said mule, and add the money there - cancel the trade when you need it. That's probably the most effective way of "storing" your gold so you won't use it

Collector Cutie-Pie

MichiyoCha
I think we should have a way to store and save our gold, like a type of bank, because aren't there some people out there like me who let their gold burn a hole in their pockets? It would be nice though, to save up our gold and gaia cash right??? Who else agrees?

You know, when I first started coming here regularly, I just thought I couldn't find the bank, I just assumed there'd be one, in the style of Neopets and other smaller forums with virtual currencies that I've been a part of. I wanted to earn interest on my gold, but having now read a few threads about the state of the gaia economy, I think I can see why we aren't given that option :B

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It's either be pointless (if there wasn't interest) or cause inflation (if there was).

I agree with other people, the best way to store gold is just to bung it on a mule. You could always use it to invest or vend too, those would be even better options.

Even without interest to cause inflation, a bank would encourage people to spend less which would mean less gold taken out of the economy via gold shops and the MP tax.

Rare

1. Make secondary mule account

2. Send excess gold to said account

3. Don't have gold burning in your pocket.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

7obias
This has been petitioned for before, and it's not something that is going to happen..
If you have a mule, then start a trade with said mule, and add the money there - cancel the trade when you need it. That's probably the most effective way of "storing" your gold so you won't use it

I do this when I'm questing, and is very effective 3nodding
Gaia is based around earning/receiving Gold.

They WANT you to spend Gold and never have enough of it.

That way, you instead spend REAL money for Gaia Cash to get more Gold, or use Cash to buy the things you want instead of Gold.

When you realize it's all a setup (and that there's no way to get your money back for any of it), you don't ask silly questions.

Receiver

didn't we have one and some point in, like, 2005?

Precious Cutie-Pie

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
Pnyuu
We did, all the trades when trough the bank. Was Agatha not running that one back then?

Receiver

Lady Denna
Pnyuu
We did, all the trades when trough the bank. Was Agatha not running that one back then?

I have no idea which NPC ran the bank. I thought it was the same chick we have in the trades gonk

Tricky Cat

Why yes, it would be cool to have an interest-less way to store our assets, we have mules.
Just log in every 5months and youre set.

Better yet, send the trade to a mule and then dont finish it.
Forget it exists.

Its kinda like leaving 20 in your pants.
One day you find it and youre like WOW 20 BUCKS.

Also, store your assets in items/wise investments. That's banky.

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Hehe, that's exactly why I have a mule account. My other account hangs onto my gold bank, so if there's something I suddenly need to have, I take gold from there. It's great because it keeps me from impulse spending so much, and it's like having this nice big treasure hoard of gold tucked away. My other account is also an RP character, so it's not like he's just a gold dump

Dapper Dabbler

Meredith (the red-head you see during Trading) used to run the Bank, which did exactly that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff