Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trinisette
MasterNinja99
Trinisette
MasterNinja99
why people buy things for $100 when u can donate $100 for the poor people rather spending on an item that your going to sell anyway. You can help a lot of people for $100 like in the Typhoon Haiyan.
being bitter wont do anything.

anyways dont donate to typhoon haiyan. the Philippine government is money laundering the donations. all the donations they received from all the different nations is being SOLD back to the survivors by the Philippine government.

its stupid and dumb. Philippine government is filled with propaganda and a stupid sense of national pride. everything to filipinos is political and if you dont agree with them they'll use the guilt trip on you

are you a filipino?
yes i am LOL

Kababayan biggrin

Festive Noob

Glass Soldier
This isn't new, like, at all.

If this wasn't working, Gaia Interactive would change their plan going forward
but they aren't
so it is

Just because -you- think the price is unreasonable doesn't mean that Gaia Interactive's target demographic thinks it is

It just means you aren't Gaia Interactive's target audience.

dang i never knew gaia's target audience was this rich! i thought it was targeted at teenagers
where do teens get all this money to spend

Magic Hobo

Like any other Black Friday sale, the stores set the prices, and it is up to you, personally, to decide whether or not it is worth it. Some of the re-releases are objectively good deals, some are poop. The new items are anyone's guess as to how they will fare pricewise, and I wouldn't advise buying them as an investment if you don't like them.

Just be smart about your purchases! It's like buying anything on Black Friday, from a TV to lawn furniture to a new car- some things are hyped up but not actually good deals, and some things are genuinely the best you'll get. Don't blame Gaia for jumping on the bandwagon, just be a responsible and intelligent consumer.

Fashionable Shopper

7,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have to agree on this one. These are not "Sales" I'm a grown adult and even on my pay salary paying $50 for a single digital item feels like madness. I'd love most of the things coming out but I'm not going to throe $300 bucks away on a few pixels that may get stolen or worse banned for stupid reasons. In m main account, I had lots of great items I earned through art commissions and one person who bought my art gave me botted gold and they banned me and all the friends I had recently generously gave gold to. Am I willing to throw away real hard earned money? No. Gaia your prices are outrageous

Tsukimio's Husbando

Aged Phantom

reallyjoels dad
Glass Soldier

but they aren't
so it is

Just because -you- think the price is unreasonable doesn't mean that Gaia Interactive's target demographic thinks it is

dang i never knew gaia's target audience was this rich! i thought it was targeted at teenagers
The casual games market is filled with people willing to drop heavily once or twice and then move on if the current state is any indicator.

Dangerous Genius

Phazrik
Kitty Amazing
I hate to say it....but someone will probably shell out the 50 for it
And those are the people Gaia is trying to convert it's user base too. It's sad that people need such satisfaction out of a website that they support this corporate warnerbrother's bullshit.
Even warner brothers wouldn't do this, don't insult corporations for no reason.

Also I think that to blame the CEO people should see more into the mindset of him... Do you know what the CEO is famous for? He was handpicked by the last CEO of gaia 3 years ago. He Made the Facebook game Fluff Friends.

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
You know, now I'm genuinely curious how... whoever is in charge of these things decides on price. Is it more than one person, like a marketing team? What factors go into choosing the price? Or what items to release? Being in the dark is the worst.

Tiny Cat

Seriously 50 bucks? I bought mine for 18m, these crazy cash buyers are just screwing themselves now. neutral

Witty Girl

User Image

They're selling half-assed items for big prices because idiots are buying them.

User Image

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
The only item that is on "sale" is the 3 Belles. Silver Bells use to be $10 when it first came out, so $5 each to me is a "deal" But I do agree with the outrageous prices for some of the items that are not worth it, or have one pose. Heck even recolors of the original item that was not $30+ to begin with. Recoloring an item is not that hard to charge extra $$. I'm sorry, it's a recolor and therefore people will be all gunho about it, and will pay pretty money for them rolleyes

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

Araria
Glass Soldier

but they aren't
so it is

gaia came out in 2003. all the users who grew up with the site can now afford to spend money because they have jobs and stuff like that 3nodding

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
crying I'm gonna be sleeping when the belles come out

fml

I wanted the blue bundle but I won't be able to earn the extra 2.50 gc before the day is over

I WAS SO CLOSE

alarm set for 12 for the belle me thinks

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Kittytub
Araria
Glass Soldier

but they aren't
so it is

gaia came out in 2003. all the users who grew up with the site can now afford to spend money because they have jobs and stuff like that 3nodding

Going from 2.50 donation items to 1,000$ halos that came out ten years ago IN a 2.50 letter.
Job or not, ******** thatttt

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
i dislike most "bang" items because i feel cheated that i didn't get a whole head of hair.
and i don't like having bicolored hair on my avi and i will usually not change the color of my avi's normal hairstyle to match a bang item.
so they're market is lost on me.
but i also would never buy any item for $50.
eve if i was bill gates i wouldnt spend that much on an item, unless it was something supper spectacular. like an eternal evolving item that had multicolored options for every setting.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Araria
Glass Soldier

but they aren't
so it is

ten years ago the target was teens and gaia is growing with their target 20 somethings are generally pretty wasteful with their money.

of course 30 somethings that like to pretend they are 20 somethings are also pretty bad with money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff