Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unstoppable Krampus

Phazrik
Whoever buys any of this black friday crap with everything going to s**t on the site really needs to reevaluate their priorities in life.

I've been doing offers and saving up free cash just for Black Friday, a lot of people do the same thing so that they can get the expensive items without spending much or any real money. My priorities are just fine, thank you.

Why the hell does it matter so much what complete strangers choose to spend their own money on?

User Image

Festive Celebrator

You know what, as much as I hate that Gaia has turned into a greedy, corporate, money-making machine, they're not the ones to blame for these crazy prices.

The prices are dictated by the market: supply and demand. They can say something is worth X$ and if no one buys, then they'd learn their lesson and lower prices the next time around.

But apparently, these crazy prices do work for people. There are, in fact, Gaians out there who have thousands on dollars to spend on items. Therefore, there will continue to be items offered at expensive prices because there are plenty of buyers for them.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Phazrik
Kitty Amazing
I hate to say it....but someone will probably shell out the 50 for it
And those are the people Gaia is trying to convert it's user base too. It's sad that people need such satisfaction out of a website that they support this corporate warnerbrother's bullshit.
It was their plan to get people addicted to these things. It's pretty sad how successful they are at it in spite of making it glaringly obvious to people that they're taking advantage of them. But addictions ignore logic, and you can't help people that don't want to help themselves.

clarion's King

Super Model

Just for the record, the price is 20, and it will be multiple bangs. You can see Hubris (gold & black character) wearing a different colour besides red in the preview.

Aged Noob

Makes you wonder where the "sale" in Black Friday Sale" came from. :c
But yeah, there's gonna be people out there who are willing to spend that much money for those items.

Magical Kitten

Phazrik
Kitty Amazing
Phazrik
Kitty Amazing
And those are the people Gaia is trying to convert it's user base too. It's sad that people need such satisfaction out of a website that they support this corporate warnerbrother's bullshit.

It's sad to say that I was one of those people at one time. But soon gave up that need.

Some people get desperate for a new thing, or if it's a re release that they've been questing for ages (like myself) they may just bend to Gaia's whim and pay the money, rather than battle the horrible MP inflation
Yep, Gaia drove up the marketplace artificially so more people would choose to buy with Cash because it's easier to get what you want that way. Lazy a** Gaian population these days.

Bolded for reading in hilarious crotchety old man voice.

I remember when back in the day you'd have to play puzzles, and make multiple posts just to get 100 gold. If you had 20,000g you were considered rich!

I miss those days emo sort of...items weren't great back then.

Oh well, gotta adapt to the new environment

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
Oh lets not forget shelling out 100 bucks for 10k in GC to get an item..what..the ********? I mean seriously..what the ******** understand its a super special item and what not but ******** really!? In these times the economy sucks, do people really have that kind of money to spend?

Edit: realized how many times I said ******** I need some soap.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

Twisted Lady
Phazrik
Whoever buys any of this black friday crap with everything going to s**t on the site really needs to reevaluate their priorities in life.

I've been doing offers and saving up free cash just for Black Friday, a lot of people do the same thing so that they can get the expensive items without spending much or any real money. My priorities are just fine, thank you.

Why the hell does it matter so much what complete strangers choose to spend their own money on?

User Image

This and so much this. I'm fine with the fact that users here have a problem with the way Gaia prices their stuff because hey, to each his own, but to shame users who do use real cash to buy items off the CS is a whole new low.
I drop a good heap of cash on this site and have no regrets because, hey, I earn every penny and how I choose to spend it whether or not my priorities are twisted is a choice I am endowed with.
why people buy things for $100 when u can donate $100 for the poor people rather spending on an item that your going to sell anyway. You can help a lot of people for $100 like in the Typhoon Haiyan.

Enduring Shapeshifter

-shakes head-

It's a shame cause I really wanted the marionette bangs, but my wallet is fort knox to Gaia and will remain to be so. I'd rather spend $50 on a MMO's gachapon then spend $50 here, that's how bad it's gotten for me.

Bad enough this sale is going to kill what little value I have left on this site, all I literally have now is sentimental value.

Newbie Noob

Kitty Amazing

i already did emotion_awesome NOT

Newbie Noob

MasterNinja99
why people buy things for $100 when u can donate $100 for the poor people rather spending on an item that your going to sell anyway. You can help a lot of people for $100 like in the Typhoon Haiyan.
being bitter wont do anything.

anyways dont donate to typhoon haiyan. the Philippine government is money laundering the donations. all the donations they received from all the different nations is being SOLD back to the survivors by the Philippine government.

its stupid and dumb. Philippine government is filled with propaganda and a stupid sense of national pride. everything to filipinos is political and if you dont agree with them they'll use the guilt trip on you

Dapper Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
$100 for back wings. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR BACK WINGS. That is completely ridiculous. "Sale" my a**.
Trinisette
MasterNinja99

anyways dont donate to typhoon haiyan. the Philippine government is money laundering the donations. all the donations they received from all the different nations is being SOLD back to the survivors by the Philippine government.

its stupid and dumb. Philippine government is filled with propaganda and a stupid sense of national pride. everything to filipinos is political and if you dont agree with them they'll use the guilt trip on you

are you a filipino?

Newbie Noob

MasterNinja99
Trinisette
MasterNinja99

are you a filipino?
yes i am LOL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas