Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

KaylaGalela
User Image
I ask everyone to write a 500 word essay on what friendship means to them. Then I will friend them once they have paid my 1 million gold friendship fee. x3

I dunno. I don't feel like I have to add every person I talk to onto my friends list. I think of it mostly as a convenience thing. It makes it easier to communicate with the people you talk to the most.

This is a nice way of putting it, really.

There area a lot of people I quite like on here, and those who I converse with, but very few I keep in regular contact with. The list helps me keep in touch with those people and to be able to chat with them using the chatbar.

Salty Firestarter

That varies a lot. I have recieved friend requests from people I've never talked to. I sometimes accept, sometimes reject. If I recognize the username, I always accept, even if I never end up talking to that person again. And I don't clean out my friends list very often, which is why I have a list of over 100 friends, many of which aren't really friends.

But it depends on why you're adding friends.

Since I started playing Resort World, and have a related "guide" thread, I've gotten requests from strangers that have "RW" as their reason. I accept these because it's mutually beneficial for us as Resort World players.

When I'm in zOMG, if I've crewed with someone and get a friend request, or the person says "feel free to add", I become friends. This way I can find people to invite to play zOMG with me.

Most of the friends that I have that post in GCD were once - and/or still are - in the GCDP. That guild is basically inactive now, but I still meet up with friends from there every now and then.

Otherwise I have to have a conversation with a person in which I agree with hir about something that seems to sort of matter to one of us.

Sometimes I'll friend request people who mention something about themselves that I admire or whatever, but not often.

Wheezing Lunatic

A good bit of my friends list is from random requests. I don't know them but I'll accept. Random requests don't bother me. A few of them have actually turned into very nice friendships. Others I friend request after talking to them for some time and realize "I like this person!" Others have been contestants in contests I've run.

What usually happens to me, though, is I'll be talking with this person and think "I want to send them a friend request" but they've beaten me to it.

Cold Snowflake

Once they have talked to me for a while and I know that they aren't some random beggar.
I'll usually befriend someone if I'd had at least one good n' lengthy conversation with them. Having said that, though.. I'm not typically one to ask the other person to be my friend. I just wait and hope they ask me.
/socialanxiety
sweatdrop

Destruction

I only friend someone I've actually interacted with. Could be a conversation in the forums somewhere, good chitchat in the PMs, etc.

As long as it's not a totally random request from someone out of the blue that I've never even heard of I usually accept their request =P

Invisible Cat

I chat with them for a while then send them a friend request. I don't add random people and I don't buy my friendship.
if someone is nice enough to talk to, and continues to be nice enough to talk to, i will add them in fear i will never see them again in town or i will forget their name. sounds dorky.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

40,640 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
User Image
Honestly, I think the first step, at least, for me, is to send the request cat_rolleyes

I mean, there is a lot of Gaians that, well, I get a long great with, but because I never receive the request, I'm never really sure if they want to be friends with me or not cat_sweatdrop

Which, in turn, is only made worse by the belief that I'm not really sure if I have the right to request another's friendship, so I see other's requesting to be my friend as a sort of approval of friendship cat_sweatdrop

Ja, not sure if that made any sense, but... Ja... cat_sweatdrop
So, sometimes, sending a friend request is the best way to break the ice cat_redface

Tipsy Lunatic

I dunno.... I never really ask to be friends with people. I either talk to you a lot every day or I don't and I just don't think you need to be on my friendslist for this to happen.

If it mattered that much to someone they could send me a friend request and I'd probably accept it, but for me I just don't think it matters.

If you mean actually befriending someone ..... I dunno. How much do I have to talk to a person on Gaia before I'd consider them an IRL friend??.....
I dunno, I guess I haven't really reached that point yet. Gaia doesn't quite seem like that sort of medium for me. I never talk about anything other than stuff pertaining to Gaia when I chat with my Gaian friends. So.... It's just weird.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

meep12345
I mean, there is a lot of Gaians that, well, I get a long great with, but because I never receive the request, I'm never really sure if they want to be friends with me or not cat_sweatdrop
Oh man, I hear yah. emotion_brofist
Usually after a bajillion comments and getting tired of typing capatchas I start sending friend requests if I'm feelin real daring. But that's usually because I'm tired of capatchas and I can't reply nearly as fast PM. So it ends up becoming a "******** it I'm tired of additional typing you seem cool so plz be my friend since we have 20+ comments on each others profile and are loling our butts off"

Time-traveling Senshi

For me, the decision to send a request to or get a request from someone comes from a shared common interest on the site. A lot of my friends on here come from spending time in the same place with them be it a guild or a thread. It's that singular place that gives us a starting point for interaction with each other. If we really start chatting and interacting with one another then one of us will send the other a request to be on the friends list. In the case of the guildies I'm friends with usually that friends request is in the form of "Your name popped up on the list of suggested friends and I can't believe we're not on each others' friends list yet. Add me if you'd like please." That usually is enough to get them to say yes and click that add button. But that wouldn't have happened if we didn't spend a year or more in the same guild together.

With people I meet through threads I'd say give it ten good pages of the two of you talking and interacting about things. However, I'd say that thread shouldn't be simply a temporary one like a quick item list. Something like a fan thread or a bull session plot thread that returns from time to time are good for making friends because while you're chatting about a specific topic it's a more casual environment for doing so, which is why an art shop thread or a general chat thread in a place like Heaven or the Friends Chat are great places to interact with possible new friends.

Chatty Nerd

6,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hunter 50
I usually add people when I've run into them a few times or I've had an enjoyable conversation with them. I've mostly added people who I know through pixel comissions.

yum_salmon yum_tuna yum_tamago yum_shrimp

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

There is a handful of people on Gaia that I count as close friends. I'm pretty friendly as a rule but that's not the same as a friendship that transcends the site.

Girl-Crazy Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I've only sent friend requests to my friend's new accounts. Other wise I just accept them, and I accept them all so long as they don't have a super stupid profile and what not.
Now then, do I ever talk to most of my 'friends'? Nope!

I should delete some of my friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces