Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
I'm not sure how I feel about this new trend of super-detailed stories for EIs. Referring back to the days of EIs like Reve Rouille, I kinda like the mystery behind the poses, guessing the story from the little hover descriptions and such.

Not that the stories are bad or anything. Maybe I'm just old.

gaia_spoons How do you feel about the intricate stories?
gaia_spoons Do you ever feel yourself more interested in an EI because of its story?
gaia_spoons Ever miss the old EI days?

Tipsy Genius

I was never a big EI fan until the little stories started happening. There are many EIs I don't care for as items but I'm still excited for their evolutions because of the story.
I skip over all those. I'll get an REI/EI if I can work with it and not if it has some cute little narrative.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
UNSUB
I skip over all those. I'll get an REI/EI if I can work with it and not if it has some cute little narrative.

i'm mostly the same... though I'll still sometimes by items for things they reference.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Sometimes I feel like I don't give a flying d**k about the item itself but needing to read the story.

They're fun and entertaining, and sometimes provide a much better satisfaction than the item itself

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        ibuki is a punk rock girl!
        same with sterek. i never read the stories until rookie's pursuit tbh. i guess the stories are what keeps me aggressively wait for the ei reports every week.

LiBu's Wife

Festive Fairy

I've always loved it when they have a story. That doesn't always make me more likely to buy one, but if I like the story enough... Yeah. Nartian Rock I got and held onto for ages because I liked the comics that were going along with it. Sainte Ciel (the original go-round), Prince's Rose, and Rookie's Pursuit, I mostly got for the story (although they both have poses that I like), same for a few others. I think it's great that they're doing that.

Divine Muse

I eat that s**t up and then some.

It's the closest we have to a regular storyline.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
minghii
Sometimes I feel like I don't give a flying d**k about the item itself but needing to read the story.

They're fun and entertaining, and sometimes provide a much better satisfaction than the item itself

which ones would you say are the best?

Impassioned Misfit

I think, for the most part, the actual stories started once the Singh-Timmy weirdness stopped happening. I'm actually working on a thread that collects the stories of all EIs, even if they're just descriptions. 3nodding

Angelic Blob

How do you feel about the intricate stories?
I like EI stories. They are an alternate source of reading to the Manga storyline.
Some of them are really engaging.

Do you ever feel yourself more interested in an EI because of its story?
Yeah. For example, I would have liked more Hoarfrost tales. It wrapped up relatively nicely, but we still have a false princess hanging around.

And then there was the Reve Rouille, which is one of the only EIs to not have a completed story. It literally stopped while the evolutions kept going. There has been no explanation (as far as I know) as to why Pepper never completed it.

Ever miss the old EI days?
I miss the EIs being more creative.
They are all just clothes now.
Stuff you can get with CIs. sad

If you are referring to Timmy's journey. I think that was an epic that should be appreciated. You had one of the funniest Developers making it happen each week. I am glad it concluded. Unfortunately GCD resulted in Timmy becoming an item instead of remaining a co-host.

fxxkin demon

I never read them, even if I like the item.

I swear my eyes glaze over when the EI Report hits. Hell, I barely read any of the new item announcements other that to see if it's cash or gold shop.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
I think, for the most part, the actual stories started once the Singh-Timmy weirdness stopped happening. I'm actually working on a thread that collects the stories of all EIs, even if they're just descriptions. 3nodding

oh link me to that when you are finished, kindly! i'm far too lazy to go through the announcements to find them, specially since there's an announcement every five minutes these days crying

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Read All Over
minghii

which ones would you say are the best?

Well, I've been pretty slow at reading these stuff before but I think mod us operandi had a very interesting story. Recently the one that caught my attention again is rookie's pursuit. I like how lengthy it is and it's fun to read it

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Bunai

Ever miss the old EI days?
I miss the EIs being more creative.
They are all just clothes now.
Stuff you can get with CIs. sad

I kinda have that feel, too. but on the other hand, i like clothes and EIs used to be the cheapest way to get a lot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff