Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has this problem, but I know that if I buy a bundle of items from the Cash Shop, I have a bad habit of forgetting to unpack them if I don't do it straight away, then going to my inventory later to make an avatar, and wondering where on Earth are those items I was positive that I bought went. sweatdrop

And I have to admit, after buying a bundle today, I went to the 'special' section of my inventory and discovered not just the one unopened bundle I was expecting, but three.

So I was wondering, is there really a purpose for the items remaining bundled together once they've been bought? Do you think they should be automatically unpacked? Or would that anger users who sell bundles in the marketplace (despite the fact that they almost always sell for less than the combined value of the items they contain)? Or end up causing the prices of bundles to skyrocket as they would be 'extinct' as an item?

I personally think it would be a lot simpler if bundles were automatically unpacked. Or at least if that part of your inventory was accessible from the dressing room screen, so you're not left wondering what happened to your purchase while making an avatar.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I can't say that I've ever had this problem.

I suppose it would make sense if we were talking about just creating the idea, and it hadn't been implemented yet. However, we've had bundles up to this point and I'm in favor of keeping them. It is far easier to keep track of a single item in my inventory than four, especially trying to remember which four items were bundled together. Plus, selling a single item is far easier than trying to sell four separate ones.

Stellar Succubus

Oh if you hoard a bundle, they can sell for quite a lot more than the components. I don't know why.

I don't really see it as much of a problem, to go and click them in the special tab.

If I'm saving items for investment that I've bought from there, it's easier to leave them bundled. Especially RIG items, then I'm not too tempted ^U^

Rare

All I'm getting from this is that you're very rich and forgetful.

It's like if you had a big enough house that sometimes, you would find rooms you didn't know you had.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

I've never forgotten a bundle, I have too few of them to forget them - though letters slip my mind a lot. I almost always buy two, and if the second item isn't something I want straight away, it tends to rot away on my special tab.

i'll drink to that

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Automatically unpacked? No offense, but that's one of the stupidest ideas ever?
What if people who can't buy from the cash shop want to buy a bundle?
MP is their only hope.

I can honestly say I've only done this once. Where I forget to unpack the
bundle and then go to change my avatar and see that I don't have
the items.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've frequently gone to the special section of my inventory to find pink links/giftboxes that I had forgotten about!

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
It's a good idea to at least check once a week or so then.. I check my inventory daily, but I'm a VERY forgetful mom. XD; (When it comes to Gaia and internet stuff.)

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Sir Black Tea

It's like if you had a big enough house that sometimes, you would find rooms you didn't know you had.

Nah, I just do cash offers like a boss. I think the main problem is that I don't change my avatar very much, so I can't really remember what items I have bought and what items I just thought about buying when I come to actually making them every six months or so.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mikaino
It's a good idea to at least check once a week or so then.. I check my inventory daily, but I'm a VERY forgetful mom. XD; (When it comes to Gaia and internet stuff.)

Oh, I check my inventory every couple of days or so to sell off daily chance crap (like the 9 pairs of silk boxers I got last week... neutral ) but I just usually neglect to click tabs outside of the default.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Soubi-chu
User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Automatically unpacked? No offense, but that's one of the stupidest ideas ever?
What if people who can't buy from the cash shop want to buy a bundle?
MP is their only hope.

I can honestly say I've only done this once. Where I forget to unpack the
bundle and then go to change my avatar and see that I don't have
the items.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

I didn't think about that. Though most people don't want everything in the bundle and sell off items on the MP, anyway, so I don't see why they couldn't just buy the items that they wanted. I suppose it could be more cost efficient to buy the bundle on the MP, keep what you want and then sell back what you didn't want than just buying what you wanted straight up.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Don't unpack them automatically.

Since it follows the "don't open a sealed letter" sort of thing where it made sense that the letter was [roughly] the same as or slightly [or SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY] more than whatever the most popular item was from the bundle. However, the bundles don't have choices... But I do make a fair amount of gold when I buy the bundles, open them, and sell off items for more. So not complaining.

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I have found letters I have bought and never opened, but never entire bundles. In that case I was saving it to sell it (probably the letters too)

I just don't buy that much ^^'

Especially now that I am a student again ^^''

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
Sir Deranged Reindeer
Mikaino

Oh, I check my inventory every couple of days or so to sell off daily chance crap (like the 9 pairs of silk boxers I got last week... neutral ) but I just usually neglect to click tabs outside of the default.

You got that many silk boxers? D: I only get like, one a week. My Daily Chance is such crap. ; A ; I always get the Ocean tops and the Amigo pants. If I'm lucky I'll get 100 gold. So I just get rid of my Daily Chance stuff daily if I can x_x

Witty Nymph

Sir Black Tea

Haha this cracked me up.

My two cents: I never forget about the items I buy because I only ever buy something if I really want it. If I decide to buy, it usually means I've been considering buying it for quite a while. I never impulse buy with gold or GC, so once I DO actually buy something I'm on top of it right away and ready to use it asap. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff