Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You know, one of Gaia's old features?

I would bring back Personals, It seemed LOL-tastic
Or maybe Labels, IDK

Tell me GCD, what was your favorite feature? Less favorite? Which ones do you miss? Which ones are you glad are gone?

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I actually remember using the link list a fair bit. That was nice while it lasted.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

The engraving feature of store jewelries. I wasn't here when it was still available but sometimes I see such items being auctioned in the exchange before. I think it's a nice way to personalize gifts. 3nodding

Lucky Cat

Do layouts count? I would bring back the 06-07 one that was pretty short lived with the mail and trade in those blue boxes in the corner. ;____; I loved how they lit up.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I'd bring back the old message/trade notifications.

I miss getting "Envelope Exclamation Mark!' above my head. cry

Greedy Lover

Engraved jewelery.
I'd be one of those butts who would write naughty things on them. No wonder we can't have nice things.

Dominant Lover

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
The Personals. I never checked them out back then but I imagine they were hilarious. xd

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

personals emotion_awesome emotion_dealwithit

Familiar Trickster

Well Lets see If I can jog my memory....

There was a banner issue with the girl's nibble pooping out under her shirt.
then there was the Personals. I never had time to read them but someone told me that there were funny.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lulu the Mainspring Lady
I'd bring back the old message/trade notifications.

I miss getting "Envelope Exclamation Mark!' above my head. cry

Oh I miss this! I also miss getting the eek face to pop up when you had a rare event.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Leizce
The engraving feature of store jewelries. I wasn't here when it was still available but sometimes I see such items being auctioned in the exchange before. I think it's a nice way to personalize gifts. 3nodding

I remember that it was a nice feature, a nice way to show someone how you cared or to send secret messages. I miss the use of the old map during events the most. I know they made an "attempt" at bringing it back but it didn't last long.

Amorous Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hygienic 200
I agree about the message/trade notifications and engraved jewellery. I'm sure there's a lot of other stuff too, but my memory is bad...

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm really surprised with how many people still remember personals. It was taken down like... beginning of 04 so if you actually remember then when they were up and running, you must have been here at least 9 years ago. Which isn't weird, but people always seem to bring it up right away.

I remember Gaia's link list was the same way. It was basically just a list of links to other anime related sites, some cool, some sloppy home made, but many specifically Hentai.

Anyway, I think the biggest change I most remember from the old days is the use of the world map. It used to be that "walking" around the world map was the only way to get to most places. You could go to the forums by link, but to get to stores or fishing you had to go to the map, move to whichever map you were looking for, then click on the building. To go to another store, you'd have to go back to the map and find the new store. The coolest part was Trick-or-Treating and Caroling, it was like you really had to walk around to the stores.

Now a days, the map is largely just a novelty.

Amorous Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hygienic 200
The Rogue Fedora
Anyway, I think the biggest change I most remember from the old days is the use of the world map. It used to be that "walking" around the world map was the only way to get to most places. You could go to the forums by link, but to get to stores or fishing you had to go to the map, move to whichever map you were looking for, then click on the building. To go to another store, you'd have to go back to the map and find the new store. The coolest part was Trick-or-Treating and Caroling, it was like you really had to walk around to the stores.

Now a days, the map is largely just a novelty.

Yeah, I think that even though the current system is way easier, especially for a site with so many members, there was something really nice about having to wander around the map. I do quite miss that.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I missed the old message layout, especially when you get a profile comment, you don't get a "notice", it gets straight to the point at "Hey, I've got ____Profile Comments." Those were the days. And I never saw it myself, but I'd love to see the engraved jewelry return.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff