Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
Ian, before Gaia turned him turned into a vampire; before the artists decided that it was best for him and Rufus to dress up in horribly pompous outfits that go against their sweet, small town personalities. >.<; I still to this day have a very hard time accepting the part of the plot line which, in my opinion, unnecessarily transformed not only my favorite character, but one of the founding, most loved characters in all of Gaia. As the saying goes, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

I also miss the map being the main way of getting around the website. The current way may be much more convenient, but running around the map daily helped me to feel more connected to the NPCs and the plot. I loved how when something new happened in the plot, it was represented on the map. Think of how big the world of Gaia would be now if that still happened! owo

Beloved Perfectionist

Lulu the Mainspring Lady
I'd bring back the old message/trade notifications.

I miss getting "Envelope Exclamation Mark!' above my head. cry

oh myyyy goooood. i totally forgot about that.... and now i really miss that too gonk

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Flora Carrow
Ian, before Gaia turned him turned into a vampire; before the artists decided that it was best for him and Rufus to dress up in horribly pompous outfits that go against their sweet, small town personalities. >.<; I still to this day have a very hard time accepting the part of the plot line which, in my opinion, unnecessarily transformed not only my favorite character, but one of the founding, most loved characters in all of Gaia. As the saying goes, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

I also miss the map being the main way of getting around the website. The current way may be much more convenient, but running around the map daily helped me to feel more connected to the NPCs and the plot. I loved how when something new happened in the plot, it was represented on the map. Think of how big the world of Gaia would be now if that still happened! owo
I thought him turning into a Vampire wasn't that bad!
Certainly didn't seem like it was unnecessarily

Loverboy

Dood, I would bring back the ability to engrave messages on rings/bracelets/etc. You know how fantastic that would be?

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
Your Blushing Paladin
Flora Carrow

I thought him turning into a Vampire wasn't that bad!
Certainly didn't seem like it was unnecessarily

I've found this topic to be very split down the middle since the start. There are just as many users who think turning Ian into vampire royalty was a good move as there are users, like myself, who vehemently disagree with it. I can understand the view point of each side.

I personally think the whole idea makes very little sense, when taking into consideration Ian's personality and actions up to that point in the plot line. He spent his life rejected by his (crazy and murderous) family, separated from his brother who he deeply loved and cared about, possibly feeling guilt over his mother's death, and on top of all of that forced to assume a new identity. Continuing to live through something so traumatic that happened to him at such a young age, when it is harder to process "complex feelings", would leave some serious mental scarring.

I know that at one point in the manga Ian wakes up from a reoccurring dream which shows his mother's death and him being pulled away from Louie. He claims not to know what it means. Amnesia could be used as a rationale as to why he knew nothing of his past. But then at a later point, when his hair is changed back to its "natural" black color, there is a joke about how he has been forced to dye it blonde for most of his life and is happy that he no longer has to. At the very least, wouldn't he have been concerned as to why he must do this year after year? Not to mention, if he really did not know about his past, he sure accepted it all extremely well. There was no anger, confusion, or disbelief. I mean, if this were the truth, he obviously had been lied to about his entire childhood and what happened to his parents by a man (Edmund) who he has trusted and looked up to. The contradictions. They're hurting my head! D;

But, hey, crazier things have happened in the plot line since with little cause, explanation, or resolution. I've learned to shrug it off. But, this particular part of the plot still leaves a sour taste in my mouth because, as I've said, it completely changed my favorite NPC.

... Man, that was long. ^^;

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I miss the days when the NPCs were represented like any other Avatar, these days I feel a lot of them just look weird and don't mesh with the style the rest of the NPCs do.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

I would bring back the point of the games - being able to win interesting stuff (or so it seemed to me when i first joined). I think that if they just updated games to have more interesting prizes, i'd be pretty tickled. I miss playing Word Bump for a purpose.

i'll drink to that

Magnetic Lunatic

I want to keep the old logo that we have up now. I've never liked its replacement. Lower case G my a**!

Unbeatable Nerd

8,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Personals and some of the link list things were kiiiinda scary. It was Craiglist before CL existed. I'm loving the banner and seeing the old logo again, though!

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
sushi error rofl and having to change the "www" of www.go-gaia.com to ruby/sasha/bildeau etc to make anything work 80% of the time. NOSTALGIA.

also tuxedo pants+jolly boots glitch

i forgot for a while about engraved jewellery. while other people have sentimental messages from their friends and loved ones, 15-year-old me sent himself this sometime in 2004:

User Image

cool

Saint Sweetheart

I really, really miss engraved jewelry ;A;

we have so many options for it now it'd be glorious

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
MTV Sunset Couture. That shop had such beautiful clothes and now we can't buy them. I was on a break from Gaia when it closed. If I knew it was going to close, I would have bought everything there first. I wish gaia would introduce those clothes back into some of the other stores. crying

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image
emotion_bigheart Farting in Towns.

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
.png avatar base in avatar equip page.

Back in 2010 my slider/feature phone was capable of loading the avatar base since it was in the .png format.
I was capable of equipping items I know I equipped. It was a slow process due to my phones specs, but it was a cinch in mobile customization. Since the switch to flash it's nothing, but a white space of which i can't tell what I equipped.
I know devs developed Gaia On The Go app for smartphones. I now have an android device, but then its on the list of not supported. bah. Makes me miss the .png era.

As for the Personals I met my first Gaia friend through there. No sexting of any sort. would've been banned early on I know that. Found a friend of mine whoring his avi for 1k a session though. banned temporarily twice being part of the problem. was funny though. Considering how moderation is now it's quite possible to have it back.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Frontier Skies and its Moth of Doom. It was fun going sailing, especially when I did Mortal Kombat characters and ended up sacrificing Shang Tsung to the luck gods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff