Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallant Pants

9,850 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Gaia's old logo, especially in that orangey-gold color. Having the current one uncapitalized really annoys me for some reason.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Well, the thing I would bring back was something brought up
recently enough for me to even remember it and wish it was still here.. XD

The customized necklaces and jewelry. You could send engraved gifts to
people. Ugh, I wish that was brought back. D:

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Revered Connoisseur

Leizce
The engraving feature of store jewelries. I wasn't here when it was still available but sometimes I see such items being auctioned in the exchange before. I think it's a nice way to personalize gifts. 3nodding
I'm pretty much into this. I hope they still do this in the future.
Send me a Valentine? Any of these are appreciated:
UR SVALR
WINK
DID YOU KNOW
LOVE BOSS
PART-TIME
MI AMORE
DRAMA LLAMA
DERE DERE
GET REAL
LICK ME
I LIKE DUCKS
UR A BUTT
FISHIES
LET'S RIDE
YOU + ME
GO HOME
OwO
CALL ME
MEW

Tipsy Lunatic

Way back in the day.... whenever you got a rare event the eek symbol would pop up next to your avatar. Along with the red exclamation point that told you you had a notice.

I would like that back.

Demonic Citizen

User Image

It's already been said, but I'd bring back engraved jewelry. I wasn't here for it and it's probably the only feature that I can actually turn around and say I wish I was here for. Sure, it wasn't useful on the large scale of things, but the simple personalisation would mean a lot to me. I'm just silly like that.

User Image

Greedy Businessman

6,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Wall Street 200
the pink gaia logo

Trash Bear

10g per poll.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. My life. emotion_donotwant

Dapper Man-Lover

14,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Brandisher 100
I want my town maps and items on shelves. Gaia actually seemed like a place when you had to go to the map in barton town and click the links or travel up to isle de gambino. But then they added fishing and housing and map areas for events and it was just too much to go from one store to the other. I miss having to go to the bank to check my trades and speculating what will come out of the pirate ship or will that house with a music note let us play music on the site.

Leigh Warren's Husband

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
I'd bring back the old message/trade notifications.

I miss getting "Envelope Exclamation Mark!' above my head. cry

Oh god this! Or at least an item of this.

Precious Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
Lulu the Mainspring Lady

I miss that too.

Precious Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
I kinda miss the "Gaia Hangouts" lol.
User Image

CyMage's Wife

Dulcet Bard

34,075 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100
Lulu the Mainspring Lady

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that. I miss the exclamation mark too!

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
The Rogue Fedora
I'm really surprised with how many people still remember personals. It was taken down like... beginning of 04 so if you actually remember then when they were up and running, you must have been here at least 9 years ago. Which isn't weird, but people always seem to bring it up right away.

I remember Gaia's link list was the same way. It was basically just a list of links to other anime related sites, some cool, some sloppy home made, but many specifically Hentai.

Anyway, I think the biggest change I most remember from the old days is the use of the world map. It used to be that "walking" around the world map was the only way to get to most places. You could go to the forums by link, but to get to stores or fishing you had to go to the map, move to whichever map you were looking for, then click on the building. To go to another store, you'd have to go back to the map and find the new store. The coolest part was Trick-or-Treating and Caroling, it was like you really had to walk around to the stores.

Now a days, the map is largely just a novelty.

We're old farts here in the GCD. whee

I don't miss the Personals at ALL. I think I checked it out maybe twice and was overwhelmed by all the beggars and cyberers. I hope they never bring it back. D:

But one super enthusiastic YES to bringing maps back. I miss the map. sad I mean, I know we still have it... but it's sad that there's no reason to use it anymore.
pink links.

I'm assuming they haven't brought those back since I was last here. Maybe more giftboxes. I'm not sure if it just seemed like they were more common when we had fewer users or if they just don't come up as often.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff