11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Starshine
BaiIeyy
Starshine
Best investment is DJ headphones, bought at 3k in 2003, sold at 300mil +

holy s**t! What did you do with all that gold!
EIs, REIs, completing cosplays with expensive rig items, expensive art, etc xd

lucky duck! Wow that's actually like really cool omg emotion_drool

Sweet Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Partygoer 500
I've never been a vender. I mostly buy items for my pleasure, but my best investments have been my '03-'04 items. I bought them all for under 50k and now they're worth millions. Buying a Lovey Lucie for $30 during the '11 Black Friday Sale was also a good move. I wish I had bought a few more to sell, though. I had no idea that its worth would balloon the way it did.

I've made so many bad investments over the years that it would take me a good hour to type them all out. D;

Bunny

10,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
the most recent one that I can remember is buying a fluttershy plushie at 150k and selling it for like 350k.

Hallowed Prophet

I've had good investments here and there, but it's always the bad ones that I remember.

I finally got my hands on the Thea doll I wanted last year. I paid around ~38m for it. The very next day, they announce the SDPlus Gold Box and Thea's in there. I saw it drop to around 15m in the mp. =3= If I had waited a day longer, I would have been able to buy two.

Since I ended up keeping it (and the price has gone back up since) it didn't really affect me, but knowing I could have scored investment wise but didn't hurt.

Magical Kitten

Quested a Kiki Kitty and bought it for the equivilant of 42k (I had other items in the trade). Sold it years later for 1.5 mil.

Bought an Ancient Katana when it came out. Sold it years later for a little over a million.

Countless old EIs, bought them when they were evolving, sold them when they finished for double or more than what I paid for.

Bought Agape when it was still evolving for around 400k. Sold it for about 2.3mil (was a trade). Bought another one when it was re-released, traded it for an item worth 3mil at the time.

A couple different impulse buys on rig release days have turned out well, like Persephone and Sandman. They both nearly tripled by the time I got bored with them.

Oh! I bought Melodious Cantata for under 2 mil when it was released and its 8 mil now, but I wont ever sell it because its the perfect hair for Chai. Saves me loads on other hair items. ^^ I also bought Cupcake Darling for 900k when it was released (all for these glorious shoes~). I was actually sure that one would continue to deflate since it didn't have hair and the dress was weird, but just in case I bought the first one to drop under a mil. Now it's almost 3 mil. But I wont sell these shoes either, because they're just too perfect.

Actually, none of my great investments were by design, I just get lucky. I'm terrible at vending/exchanging and investing, so I don't ever bother.

Eloquent Lunatic

My best investment was using 700k to buy a RiG bundle... I don't remember which, but I later sold it for a 1.5 mil. used that 1.5 mil to buy two of the next bundle. That continued until I had about 50 mil on me.

now I'm down to 17 mil... there were some really expensive items I wanted to get that I finally got, though.

Tiny Darling

I bought a Zodiacal first gen off of the MP for about 850k a few weeks after its initial release and managed to sell it for nearly double that amount a short time after it finished evolving. It's probably chump change to a lot of users, but I was pretty excited about it at the time.

Anxious Lunatic

Mermaid Eater
I don't vend because it is taking advantage of other peoples mistakes and is really disrespectful.

I don't invest either because i don't really care.

emotion_facepalm

On topic: I think my best vend was a while ago. An Ancient katana had priced for only 100k.

Sophomore

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mermaid Eater
I don't vend because it is taking advantage of other peoples mistakes and is really disrespectful.

I don't invest either because i don't really care.

by investment I meant like favorite item. And vending takes skill sorry for all the effort you had to make while commenting on my forum, for people to share their stories on favorite items and luck. emotion_eyebrow
I bought Wisteria for 290K and sold it for 300K. Plus tax deduction. emo

Prophet

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I never go out with the sole purpose of vending but
from time to time I surprise myself.

I bought PoTW for 7 mil and sold it for over 17 mil.
It was completely delicious.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Sophomore

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Vick My Lagina

Did I mention I got scammed out of my 16m lobo and ended up trading it for a 1m item ; n;

You are not alone

by the way you're really cute

Obsessive Vampire

22,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I bought a Nitemare Scarf for 600k back in the day.
BaiIeyy
Vick My Lagina

Did I mention I got scammed out of my 16m lobo and ended up trading it for a 1m item ; n;

You are not alone

Yeah I haven't ever had good luck with the marketplace.
I traded a 400K item for a 70K item. /facepalm

Thanks yous

Sophomore

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Vick My Lagina
BaiIeyy
Vick My Lagina

You are not alone

Yeah I haven't ever had good luck with the marketplace.
I traded a 400K item for a 70K item. /facepalm

Thanks yous

seriously it's like if I buy a 3m item, two minutes later it goes down to 900k ugh drama up in here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff