Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Yeah something is definitely up with Winterland Snowland. I saw listings of it going lower and lower but they disappeared. They weren't bought since the average price didn't go up and it didn't show in the graph. Then later on today, the other lower priced listings disappeared and were replaced with higher prices. Someone is seriously trying to artificially inflate the prices =/

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Tenko72
~Bermuda Triangle
ria spirit
~Bermuda Triangle
I've started a quest for the angelic pendant, I've wanted it since I joined back in 04 but its always been so expensive,. Now it's 4mil!?! 4 million!? How on earth can I get 4 million?! And possibly by the time I actually make that sort of gold it will be even more!

Madness sad and I keep seeing complete newbs wearing extremely expensive items.. Does bumping really pay off?

Buying Gaia cash is the easiest and fastest way to make gold. Just use the cash to buy something expensive from the cash shop and then sell it for profit. Of course, you need to be willing to blow 25$ on a cash card. emotion_0A0

That's what I was thinking last night, I have managed to get 500k just by selling so that's a good thing, but now I only have items I do not want to get rid of and I semi regret selling my Dark Halo even if I rarely used it..

I think if I have some spare cash at the end of the month ill get se cash shop items, hopefully putting me a little closer to the sparkly angelic pendant!!!!! And also in the UK it works out cheaper to buy in dollars anyhoo.. So in reality while I appear to be spending $25 I'm actually spending only £15ihsh... Makes parting with my pennies a little more easier hah

What's Booty Grab? Can't seem to find it in the games.
You can play it in the Aquarium forum.

Yeah I found out last night! Just shows you how long I've been away! didn't help me get any closer to my goal tho hah

Friendly Friend

5,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
People inflate the price cause they get greedy and want to make gold fast. Before I took a break from the game I saw people doing it all the time. It is crazy what people will do for gold.

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
LoonyLoomy
People inflate the price cause they get greedy and want to make gold fast. Before I took a break from the game I saw people doing it all the time. It is crazy what people will do for gold.

Back when I used gaia a lot you could buy a thank you letter for 10.000 gold.. Now it's near the 100.000 mark!!! That's mad! And often the items inside the letter aren't worth it at all :S

Undead Enchantress

~Bermuda Triangle
LoonyLoomy

Back when I used gaia a lot you could buy a thank you letter for 10.000 gold.. Now it's near the 100.000 mark!!! That's mad! And often the items inside the letter aren't worth it at all :S
That's because 100k isn't worth the way it had been back then. 100k probably has the same buying power as 10k in 04. This is the effect of inflation. The sooner you accept that, the easier it will be for you to move on. You cannot really force oldbie money mentality on a site that has clearly changed. That's just going to frustrate you even more.

Have you tried Booty Grab? It makes you realize how easy it is to get 10k. 10k in around 10 minutes of playing good tanks. How long did it take you to make 10k back when you were active? 10 days? More? Puts things in perspective.

As far as MCs are concerned. I have to say this year's MCs are far better than the ones from a few years ago.

As far as the Angelic Pendant is concerned, we have something we didn't have back then. Options.
You can search for Pendants in the MP and come up with a list of low cost glowing pendants. You can even use the Holy Gauntlets MC to simulate the blue light of the the Angelic Pendant. Sure, they are far cheaper, but they are credible stand ins for people not too overly concerned with color differences and, maybe, implied status.

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Erynne
~Bermuda Triangle
LoonyLoomy

That's because 100k isn't worth the way it had been back then. 100k probably has the same buying power as 10k in 04. This is the effect of inflation. The sooner you accept that, the easier it will be for you to move on. You cannot really force oldbie money mentality on a site that has clearly changed. That's just going to frustrate you even more.

Have you tried Booty Grab? It makes you realize how easy it is to get 10k. 10k in around 10 minutes of playing good tanks. How long did it take you to make 10k back when you were active? 10 days? More? Puts things in perspective.

As far as MCs are concerned. I have to say this year's MCs are far better than the ones from a few years ago.

I guess that's true, I think I made 400 gold in a minute, I think im jus surprised coming back and seeing prices of things that's all hah.

Time to accept it and move on.. and just keep on questing heh!

Undead Enchantress

~Bermuda Triangle
Erynne
~Bermuda Triangle
LoonyLoomy

I guess that's true, I think I made 400 gold in a minute, I think im jus surprised coming back and seeing prices of things that's all hah.

You kin' do EET! emotion_yatta

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
~Bermuda Triangle
Erynne
~Bermuda Triangle
LoonyLoomy

You also might want to look into making Alchemist Cases and Philosopher Caches through Alchemy. You can farm all the ingredients through gaia's games. Drop by the Bifrost shop to buy and craft formulas. It's how I make most of my gold nowadays. 3nodding

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Inflation is a simple rule of business, increase the margin to make profit. It makes our MP a great case study of real world effects on an artificial Market.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Azavezel
To anyone who says AI never works long term:

Oisin's Blessing.

No. That's not AI. That's an item that's extremely popular. You should learn what AI is. It's not "my favorite items go up in price and stay up in price". That's increasing demand coupled with a limited supply.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lord Vincent Blackwater
Inflation is a simple rule of business, increase the margin to make profit. It makes our MP a great case study of real world effects on an artificial Market.

Close, but no. Inflation and appreciation are actually different things. Inflation is when the value of currency goes down due to an increase of total currency in circulation, thus things cost more. Appreciation is when something becomes more valuable over time.

Increasing prices to make more profit may be a by product of inflation, but it is not inflation in of itself.

Artificial Inflation is actually a misnomer too. It's when someone with a lot of money decides to d**k around with the price of something in hopes to make a profit. However, usually it ends with a massive loss and no long term effect. Price Jacking would be more appropiate.

Shade

AKB0048
Azavezel
To anyone who says AI never works long term:

Oisin's Blessing.

No. That's not AI. That's an item that's extremely popular. You should learn what AI is. It's not "my favorite items go up in price and stay up in price". That's increasing demand coupled with a limited supply.

Someone AI'd the ******** out of Oisin and then spread the popularity of it around and it temporarily became a status item.

Yes. That was AI. AI was involved and planned to make the item worth far more. The item being a very good quality one with eyes did not at all help matters on this, and having a bunch of people spring in usage of them made others more aware of it, and as a result the price kept rising by clever placement of controlled supply and demand.

EDIT: However upon retrospect of said above, I guess the correct usage would be price jacking indeed.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Azavezel

Someone AI'd the ******** out of Oisin and then spread the popularity of it around and it temporarily became a status item.

Yes. That was AI. AI was involved and planned to make the item worth far more. The item being a very good quality one with eyes did not at all help matters on this, and having a bunch of people spring in usage of them made others more aware of it, and as a result the price kept rising by clever placement of controlled supply and demand.

EDIT: However upon retrospect of said above, I guess the correct usage would be price jacking indeed.

Somehow I doubt that's the case. The item has been popular since the beginning. It's pretty much the most popular eye mod, especially for users who have a lot of gold to throw around.

User Image

The graphs also don't indicate anything of the sort. You see more or less a steady increase.

User Image

This is what an AI attempt looks like.

Nerd

11,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meh. So it takes a little more elbow grease.
It doesn't bother me.
The less obtainable the goal, the sweeter the reward.

Versatile Hunter

Razumi Yazura
People are collectively trying to artificially inflate the item. I've seen this happen numerous times before. I've listed items in the past and then people PMed me and told me to increase my listing to help them "increase the value." What did I do? Lower the price a bit more.
      Lord, I loathe it when people do this.
      Had it happen a few times.
      Unfortunately, I had been offline and didn't get the message until long after the item was sold.
      If it weren't for that, I would have dropped it down several grand just to mess with these guys.
      I know it's just a pixalated item, but come on people!
      emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces