Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

3,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
When you think about it, the AIers are really stupid, anyway. Why put it a price that so obviously over inflated? If they really wanted to raise the value and make tons in the long run, they should sell a lot of them, slowly raising the price each time. :s (Not that I would ever do it, too lazy and not interesting in making gold anyway.)

Timid Member

ria spirit
~Bermuda Triangle
I've started a quest for the angelic pendant, I've wanted it since I joined back in 04 but its always been so expensive,. Now it's 4mil!?! 4 million!? How on earth can I get 4 million?! And possibly by the time I actually make that sort of gold it will be even more!

Madness sad and I keep seeing complete newbs wearing extremely expensive items.. Does bumping really pay off?

Buying Gaia cash is the easiest and fastest way to make gold. Just use the cash to buy something expensive from the cash shop and then sell it for profit. Of course, you need to be willing to blow 25$ on a cash card. emotion_0A0
User Image

Honestly this is what I've been thinking about. I have some spare cash hanging around, and was wondering if it'd be worth it to blow 25 or more dollar on an item that will just go to some random person. It really makes you think.
Reminds me of whne I sold my CoCo was back when it first came out.. come back years later to see a couple extra zeros at the end. took me forever to get him back. gonk

User Image

OG Noob

Karmarsi Kedamoki
ria spirit
~Bermuda Triangle
I've started a quest for the angelic pendant, I've wanted it since I joined back in 04 but its always been so expensive,. Now it's 4mil!?! 4 million!? How on earth can I get 4 million?! And possibly by the time I actually make that sort of gold it will be even more!

Madness sad and I keep seeing complete newbs wearing extremely expensive items.. Does bumping really pay off?

Buying Gaia cash is the easiest and fastest way to make gold. Just use the cash to buy something expensive from the cash shop and then sell it for profit. Of course, you need to be willing to blow 25$ on a cash card. emotion_0A0
User Image

Honestly this is what I've been thinking about. I have some spare cash hanging around, and was wondering if it'd be worth it to blow 25 or more dollar on an item that will just go to some random person. It really makes you think.
Reminds me of whne I sold my CoCo was back when it first came out.. come back years later to see a couple extra zeros at the end. took me forever to get him back. gonk

User Image

Yeah it's definitely worth it. smile

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Ah! I see that you want the Winterland Snowflake too. emotion_drool But I am not questing for that sadly, or at least not right now. emo

BUT ANYWAYS!

I also hate inflated items. I remember years ago when I tried to get the winged anklets (Mind you, this was before when we didn't had Booty Grab) And every time when I reached towards 50k, those blasted winged Anklets would always be 100k a step from me. >_> And thus, I gave up on that item... However, with this new method that I'm doing to get gold, I may have a chance to quest that item again.

-~--~-

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Myrielle
~Bermuda Triangle

Did you you stop going to Gaia for a bit? You do lose the time advantage unless you've saved up items that appreciated in value. So, it's useless to have an old account without careful investments. I suspect many of the so-called new rich accounts are mules of already rich people or are friends with some, but I'm pretty sure there are very good investors (or GC users) that are able to make more money in far shorter time than I could possibly imagine.

Yeah I did, roughly three years as I started a family, only just come back on thanks to the iPhone app (and now I'm hooked again) hah..

I didn't expect to leave to be honest I kinda hoped to hang about but I guess I never technically left as I always signed back on in fear of loosing my account and all the gold I spent on the one item I had been after for years (Kiki kitty) .

Now that I'm back fully I feel all lost at the amount of apparently new people on the forums, sad

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
ria spirit
~Bermuda Triangle

That's what I was thinking last night, I have managed to get 500k just by selling so that's a good thing, but now I only have items I do not want to get rid of and I semi regret selling my Dark Halo even if I rarely used it..

I think if I have some spare cash at the end of the month ill get se cash shop items, hopefully putting me a little closer to the sparkly angelic pendant!!!!! And also in the UK it works out cheaper to buy in dollars anyhoo.. So in reality while I appear to be spending $25 I'm actually spending only £15ihsh... Makes parting with my pennies a little more easier hah

What's Booty Grab? Can't seem to find it in the games.

Perfect Saint

~Bermuda Triangle
Myrielle
~Bermuda Triangle

Did you you stop going to Gaia for a bit? You do lose the time advantage unless you've saved up items that appreciated in value. So, it's useless to have an old account without careful investments. I suspect many of the so-called new rich accounts are mules of already rich people or are friends with some, but I'm pretty sure there are very good investors (or GC users) that are able to make more money in far shorter time than I could possibly imagine.

Yeah I did, roughly three years as I started a family, only just come back on thanks to the iPhone app (and now I'm hooked again) hah..

I didn't expect to leave to be honest I kinda hoped to hang about but I guess I never technically left as I always signed back on in fear of loosing my account and all the gold I spent on the one item I had been after for years (Kiki kitty) .

Now that I'm back fully I feel all lost at the amount of apparently new people on the forums, sad
Nevertheless, welcome back. It's always nice to see returning members. whee

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Myrielle
~Bermuda Triangle
Myrielle
~Bermuda Triangle

Nevertheless, welcome back. It's always nice to see returning members. whee

Naaawh thank you smile

Just checked.. The pendant has now gone up to 5mil :O unfair :'(

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Ah! I see that you want the Winterland Snowflake too. emotion_drool But I am not questing for that sadly, or at least not right now. emo

BUT ANYWAYS!

I also hate inflated items. I remember years ago when I tried to get the winged anklets (Mind you, this was before when we didn't had Booty Grab) And every time when I reached towards 50k, those blasted winged Anklets would always be 100k a step from me. >_> And thus, I gave up on that item... However, with this new method that I'm doing to get gold, I may have a chance to quest that item again.

-~--~-

Yes, those winterland snowflakes *sigh*
Ahh, I used to have winged anklets but they're so expensive for such a small pose. In order to afford more variety, I sold them. It was nice while it lasted though xD

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I love inflation.

...Well, I love to try and kill it anyways.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
~Bermuda Triangle
ria spirit
~Bermuda Triangle

That's what I was thinking last night, I have managed to get 500k just by selling so that's a good thing, but now I only have items I do not want to get rid of and I semi regret selling my Dark Halo even if I rarely used it..

I think if I have some spare cash at the end of the month ill get se cash shop items, hopefully putting me a little closer to the sparkly angelic pendant!!!!! And also in the UK it works out cheaper to buy in dollars anyhoo.. So in reality while I appear to be spending $25 I'm actually spending only £15ihsh... Makes parting with my pennies a little more easier hah

What's Booty Grab? Can't seem to find it in the games.
You can play it in the Aquarium forum.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Razumi Yazura
Kuyusi
More power to you, I can't believe someone would even attempt to DO that! How wicked!
I'm not sure how successful they are, but I'm pretty sure that there were a few guilds dedicated to creating artificial inflation. Not sure if any are in still effect, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Most AI doesn't really do too well. If a 50k item gets AI'd to one million, then the other people who own the item will see the price increase and try to cash in and they'll throw all their listings on at once, and the price goes back down again.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
marshmallowcreampie
Razumi Yazura
Kuyusi
More power to you, I can't believe someone would even attempt to DO that! How wicked!
I'm not sure how successful they are, but I'm pretty sure that there were a few guilds dedicated to creating artificial inflation. Not sure if any are in still effect, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Most AI doesn't really do too well. If a 50k item gets AI'd to one million, then the other people who own the item will see the price increase and try to cash in and they'll throw all their listings on at once, and the price goes back down again.
No, that wasn't the case. At least, not what I'm talking about. From what I saw, these guilds were dedicated to inflating items that were already considered expensive, ramping the prices up at a gradual pace to make it seem that it was natural. Placing items in the MP and then continuously buying and selling. It was the "Have a lot of gold to gain gold by inflating" method. Last I saw these guilds were around two or three years ago, so I don't know if people still do this.

Angelic Healer

Razumi Yazura
marshmallowcreampie
Razumi Yazura
Kuyusi

No, that wasn't the case. At least, not what I'm talking about. From what I saw, these guilds were dedicated to inflating items that were already considered expensive, ramping the prices up at a gradual pace to make it seem that it was natural. Placing items in the MP and then continuously buying and selling. It was the "Have a lot of gold to gain gold by inflating" method. Last I saw these guilds were around two or three years ago, so I don't know if people still do this.
Yeah they still exist. A few weeks ago that's what was happening with the item Lady Luck.

Assimilated Wolf

I really hate it when that happens.
"Oh I could use this item. It was cheap a few days ago."
*go to buy it, but see it's been inflated an insane amount*
"DAFUQ?!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items