Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ever have those moments where you're creating avatars on tektek, make something you like, then realize one of the items you need is MASSIVELY inflated? Still waiting for a Winterland Snowflake.

1 mil for a 50k item? talk2hand

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
People are collectively trying to artificially inflate the item. I've seen this happen numerous times before. I've listed items in the past and then people PMed me and told me to increase my listing to help them "increase the value." What did I do? Lower the price a bit more.

A cheaper listing will pop up. Just a matter of waiting for someone else to put it up or ask in the exchange.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Razumi Yazura
People are collectively trying to artificially inflate the item. I've seen this happen numerous times before. I've listed items in the past and then people PMed me and told me to increase my listing to help them "increase the value." What did I do? Lower the price a bit more.

A cheaper listing will pop up. Just a matter of waiting for someone else to put it up or ask in the exchange.

Eesh, that's one way to make money I guess. Yeah I'm not in too big of a rush of getting it so I will wait until it goes down lol

Witty Nymph

Razumi Yazura

More power to you, I can't believe someone would even attempt to DO that! How wicked!

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Kuyusi
More power to you, I can't believe someone would even attempt to DO that! How wicked!
I'm not sure how successful they are, but I'm pretty sure that there were a few guilds dedicated to creating artificial inflation. Not sure if any are in still effect, but it's pretty ridiculous.

Peaceful Lunatic

I hate to say this, but Winterland Snowflake is used in Alchemy. There's a good chance that a number of them have been destroyed through that, so that it's increasing in price due to diminishing supply. I've been avoiding formulas that use it, but that could be a reason it's hard to get reasonably now.
User Image

Along with artificial inflation, you need patience. Sooner or later the price will go back to normal.
that's why the people who try to get together and run the MP make me smile inside, because it's silly how they think they can do that. Sure, they may raise the price of an item for a day or two, and a few of them might get some profit from it, but in the end the prices will always settle back to normal..

Conservative Citizen

I had this problem with the Dahlia doll. I made an entire avatar around it in tektek with the belief that it was going for 80k. My own stupidity, but there wasn't even a listing. stressed I ended up changing avatars because I never came across one, or at least one that wasn't 1+ mil. I couldn't justify that for a flower.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ysavvryl
I hate to say this, but Winterland Snowflake is used in Alchemy. There's a good chance that a number of them have been destroyed through that, so that it's increasing in price due to diminishing supply. I've been avoiding formulas that use it, but that could be a reason it's hard to get reasonably now.

Oh geez, I didn't know that @_@ Might be why I had a problem finding listings for other items too! If items are going to be destroyed for alchemy, shouldn't there be somewhat of a consistent flow of these items so they don't end up extinct =/

Peaceful Lunatic

Enchanted Blue
Ysavvryl

Oh geez, I didn't know that @_@ Might be why I had a problem finding listings for other items too! If items are going to be destroyed for alchemy, shouldn't there be somewhat of a consistent flow of these items so they don't end up extinct =/

Yeah, we point this out a lot (there's even a thread in SF right now about it). But so far, not much has been done. Bid Blast was supposed to help, but it didn't really. Although stuff like that comes out often in new RIGs, so you might check for it after the next big one comes out.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Ysavvryl
a lot of random items are like this now but the price of the snowflake should drop a lot. there's only 6 in the vend right now. they usually aren't over 100k. best thing to do is just wait it out.

that being said gaia certainly needs to pump out more of these types of items in the new rigs. if it is used in alchemy there should be a bigger supply out there. bid blast just doesn't work for this type of thing.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ysavvryl
Enchanted Blue
Ysavvryl

Yeah, we point this out a lot (there's even a thread in SF right now about it). But so far, not much has been done. Bid Blast was supposed to help, but it didn't really. Although stuff like that comes out often in new RIGs, so you might check for it after the next big one comes out.

Ahh right, rigs. I guess it's something xD I'll keep that in mind when the next one comes out. Thanks :3

clarion's King

Super Model

Also worth mentioning that just because there are a few listings with high prices, doesn't mean the item has been inflated. The average buy price is still normal, meaning no one has purchased the item at that high number. It just means the users currently selling are putting them at d**k prices. That's all.

Cluttered Gaian

I saw someone trying to sell White Cobweb Gloves for over 1mill, and gross starter pants for 25k. I'm just so done with the marketplace. stare There comes a point where you need to at least pretend to have some dignity, and cheap gold shop items are that point.
sometimes when i see someone trying to sell a goldshop item for a ridiculously inflated price, i like to go buy one and then list it at a bit of a loss to myself just to mess up their attempt to artificially inflate the price and take advantage of a user who doesn't know better rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff