Welcome to Gaia! ::

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

I didn't get pictures from the Fanime stream, but the big news is the official name of the event and new Towns 2 features! Our summer event is officially called "What the fluff?!"
It was mentioned (and shown) that a big surprise is that the mysterious soulbound Soul of Fluff (Mystery Friend) will become one of many kinds of fluffs! Users at the convention and watching the stream will be able to see four NEW unique designs of fluffs! Their types were pegacorn, bumble bee, cupcake, and orange/citrus! Even bigger news revealed was that eventually they plan on making the fluffs breedable! Oh, and what else? Fluffs will only be the beginning for pets! Oh lord, there's even more! Not only will these be pets that follow us in Towns 2, eventually we'll be able to equip them to our avatar in the forums!

"What the fluff?!" will also bring an interesting addition of areas to Gambino Isle! You can click the following four links to view these expansions!
[X] | [X] | [X] | [X]

What type of fluffs would you like to see?
What kind of pets would you want to follow you around Towns or equip to your avatar?
Do you think this could eventually lead up to us using our pets like Pokemon in a battle system?
Do you like the additions to Gambino?
Where do you think the new arrows in the images lead to?

If you've missed the stream, you can check out the recording here!

::EDIT::
Tragic l2abbit posted a picture of the new fluffs here!
::EDIT #2::
Edited to add information and discussion questions about Gambino Isle.
::EDIT #3::
Uncle Kenny has posted the high quality images from the slideshow presented at Fanime here! Check it out! Much better than that blurry webcam stuff! wink
::EDIT #4::
Uncle Kenny has confirmed that the Mystery Friend/Soul of Fluff will become unsoulbound during the event and will be the only way to get the pegacorn fluff. The other three fluffs pictured will be available to everyone during the event, as well as two or three additional *unpictured* fluffs. The unmentioned fluffs will be revealed during the event, and not before then, so no begging for pictures or more hints! Alchemy is NOT being used to get the fluffs, so no worries there. (source)
::EDIT #5::
Uncle Kenny has posted a journal entry answering some FAQs! (direct link to the entry)

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Spicy Streaker

xd All I can think of is those are the equivalent to those fuzzy things in Star Trek and I kinda wonder if you can breed characteristics/features into said fluffs.

>w< whole reason why I got back into Pokemon, man. Chain breeding moves, getting the right nature and abilities, ect.

Rare

Sound the alarm, pet system/aquariums 2.0 are coming and we're starting with something I don't have

Tiny Shapeshifter

As a bird fan, I want a Phoenix fluff. If not that, pigeon. Chicken. Hummingbird. Penguin. Parakeet. Seagull. Peacock. Owl I hope the pet system lean more toward Pokemon system (gain experience whenever you want to), and less on the forced daily maintenance type of mechanic like Neopet. emotion_donotwant

A Friend

Thanks for the info!

I visit Towns only once in a blue moon so this is a step outside my personal interests.
I've said it before, but I'm not crazy about having a pet system. ' w'

But it seems like they're planning on implementing them in a cool way, so I'm super grateful!
If they make a badass dragon, I'm freakin' sold.
I hope I can still use them outside of flash spaces without losing out on anything special.

Anyway, I'd like to try the feature out, at least, before making any judgment on it.

Santiago-kun's Girlfriend

Edgiest Sweetheart

51,940 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
That's boss. I'll make sure to use the poor fluffs to good use. emotion_awesome

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Well I'm interested now. Not sure which one I want though, of the fluffs I saw. Probably the bee or the orangey one. 3nodding

Star Champion

omfg i want them
I saw a bee fluff so the obvious leap from that is there will be a praying mantis fluff. Gaia don't crush my dreams.

Interstellar Scrounger

Thanks for the info.

Hmm, off the top of my head, I'd want Grunny and Prunny Fluffs.

I'd want them with red malevolent eyes and that I'll-eat-your-face-off expression rather than that default emo expression they all seem to have.

It terms of pets, I'd like something like a squig (think a red ball of muscle on two clawed legs with deep-set, crazed, solid yellow eyes and a mouth far too large for its body). Though considering how rabidly Games Workshop protects their copyright, it's probably never going to happen/be a good idea.

Magical Bunny

User Image
Did someone say breedable? This is what I've been wanting! emotion_bigheart emotion_dowant

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

Soooo, taking the buddies system we had in zOMG and sticking it into towns.... >_> I hope people who spent money to buy those little critters can use them in Towns....probably not gonna happen....

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Dicrel Seijin
Thanks for the info.

Hmm, off the top of my head, I'd want Grunny and Prunny Fluffs.

I'd want them with red malevolent eyes and that I'll-eat-your-face-off expression rather than that default emo expression they all seem to have.

It terms of pets, I'd like something like a squig (think a red ball of muscle on two clawed legs with deep-set, crazed, solid yellow eyes and a mouth far too large for its body). Though considering how rabidly Games Workshop protects their copyright, it's probably never going to happen/be a good idea.

I kinda want something like a METS, but -insert comment about Capcom trollan their Mega Man fanbase-.

Then again if Neopets could pull it off, I imagine Gaia could too if they tried hard enough:

User Image

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
OH NO!!! it's gonna be like Trouble with the Tribbles!! RUN!!!!

Just kidding! mrgreen anyways...I'm adopting two! and raising them!!

I wonder if they like the Parasprites?

Mysterious Trickster

I can imagine the Mystery Friend item now to increase in value. Haha.

This is good news. I'll have to watch the Ustream later, after the panel is over so I can watch from the beginning. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff