Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Alistair Krowe
Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.
It's not even that offensive but I think this was the one that caused the overly Christian lady to go on a rant in the GCD, the one that had like a prayer at the end of her posts and claimed her friend hacked her? lol
I don't even use the crotch covering pose. But the hands on the hips are so sassy.

God, I wished I saw that.

I feel like I missed out on something important in my life. Like not seeing Haley's comet, only with less comet and more crazy lady ranting about Jesus.

if jesus spent less time on pixel doll sites he might have more time to spend helping people dramallama

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh I really, really wish I saved a picture of a great glitch from back in the day.
Think it was 2004/2005 there was an amazing glitch with the baseball bat item when equipped the hands where at the side and the bat was located at the crouch.

Such it's pretty mild by todays Gaia standards but back then it caused an uproar and I will forever miss the p***s bat glitch.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh I really, really wish I saved a picture of a great glitch from back in the day.
Think it was 2004/2005 there was an amazing glitch with the baseball bat item when equipped the hands where at the side and the bat was located at the crouch.

Such it's pretty mild by todays Gaia standards but back then it caused an uproar and I will forever miss the p***s bat glitch.

baseball bats are very dangerous, so we have to be careful with them! surprised

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

thank goodness they fixed that glitch dramallama

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
aj OwO
Alistair Krowe
Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.
It's not even that offensive but I think this was the one that caused the overly Christian lady to go on a rant in the GCD, the one that had like a prayer at the end of her posts and claimed her friend hacked her? lol
I don't even use the crotch covering pose. But the hands on the hips are so sassy.

I feel like I missed out on something important in my life. Like not seeing Haley's comet, only with less comet and more crazy lady ranting about Jesus.

if jesus spent less time on pixel doll sites he might have more time to spend helping people dramallama

You see Christ a lot over there in the Heaven forum. Nice guy, but the dude won't stop making AAY threads, really annoying.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Alistair Krowe
aj OwO
Alistair Krowe
Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.

You see Christ a lot over there in the Heaven forum. Nice guy, but the dude won't stop making AAY threads, really annoying.

his opinions on pixel dolls is very important and need to be expressed 3nodding

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
Shiver`

Was that Fixed!?!? i have to locate a screenshot from my old hard drive

Similarly there's the joke that came around in a year or two after or so that was the angelic parasol and the dark halo.
You could lift up the angelic parasol and smash it in your avatars face so it looked like an angelic tampon going into the void. I ... don't think it was a glitch. I'll have to quest for a dark halo again to find out xD

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I don't think I ever encountered a item that made me think 'wow that's offensive' xd

High-functioning Unicorn

Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.

{ and that right there is why kama's suggestion is my all time fav item. i lurked the GCD after it was released and it was the greatest en masse whingefest i'd ever seen. }

Frozen Sex Symbol

The Emwo
Shiver`

Was that Fixed!?!? i have to locate a screenshot from my old hard drive

Similarly there's the joke that came around in a year or two after or so that was the angelic parasol and the dark halo.
You could lift up the angelic parasol and smash it in your avatars face so it looked like an angelic tampon going into the void. I ... don't think it was a glitch. I'll have to quest for a dark halo again to find out xD

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh I forgot all about my angelic tampon! Going to were it right now and let the holy blood flow.

Intergalactic Recruit

The argument I've seen about nudity and sexuality on avatars being offensive is that those people are creeped out by the concept of something cute, innocent, and/or fictional/fake looking sexual.

That idea of thinking has never made sense to me, especially as the years go on and art and fandoms become larger all the time, that it seems the norm for people to find fictional/fake/art attractive. I mean hell, art allows you to have your heart's desire when it comes to whatever you find attractive. Creativity is all up to you with no limitations other than what you can imagine (or afford, if you're paying an artist).

Just seems weird to me. I like the ability to dress my avatar anyway I want, and that includes gore or looking sexual (within the rules of the site, obviously). If someone finds an avatar sexy, it's just because the items/poses reflect the same ideas as you might find attractive in real life, and there isn't anything wrong or bad about it.

Maybe they just don't like the idea of sexual things following them to a place where they want to escape it, so seeing sexy avatars irritates them, I don't know. If this was a Disney owned site or some other family safe place, I'd agree, but don't be fooled by the innocent appearance of the avatars and think this place will hold back it's creativity to express yourself in a multitude of ways.

Bashful Pumpkin

33,725 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Master Slayer 200
sterek
Madam Ace
sterek
Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.
ΒΈ
Still my all-time favorite thread, tbh.

Do you still have that saved anywhere, I feel like rereading it again. rofl

No, I looked for it days after it happened and it was deleted. )':
Moral of the story: Always screenshot GCD drama when you can.

I just read down the first page like "omg please have a link PLEASE"
Why u gotta ruin everything Gaia :c
-
I don't really find any items offensive, but I do enjoy the nearly nude and gore items, even if I don't really use them. The gore items especially can be interesting, if done well.

Perfect Saint

Can I include those 90s pants? Clearly it offends me, therefore, I loathe it.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Oh god I remember the p***s bat glitch, too.

I also recall people throwing an uproar when the hippie pants showed avatar butt.

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Sunsena
sterek
Madam Ace
sterek
Madam Ace
Kama's Suggestion.
ΒΈ
Still my all-time favorite thread, tbh.

Do you still have that saved anywhere, I feel like rereading it again. rofl

No, I looked for it days after it happened and it was deleted. )':
Moral of the story: Always screenshot GCD drama when you can.

I just read down the first page like "omg please have a link PLEASE"
Why u gotta ruin everything Gaia :c
I posted the link on the page before this one. Enjoy! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out