Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I joined Gaia seven years ago. I've been on and off in the last year or so. I came back a few times last week and just now. And nearly every. single. announcement. Is about, care to guess?

GAIA CASH.

Seriously? An occasional item here and there I can understand, but THIS *points to Jet with sparkling Gaia Cash icon over his head* this is absurd. I know there's nothing wrong with Gaia selling "premium items" but, again, seriously, let's ask ourselves:

"How many dollars did I spend on pixels today?"

PIXELS, people.

Friendly Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
No wonder the economy of the marketplace is so inflated that they now have prizes where the max jackpot is a TRILLION gold. That's twelve zeroes. While I know that I'm making a fuss over an internet thing, just remember I'm fussing because I know thousands of you are spending REAL money on PIXELS that will do nothing to feed, clothe, heal, or otherwise aid your real body or anyone else's. I know what my avi looks like but honestly these items I have equipped are at least, what three years old?

Yea. I stopped buying Gaia cash a LONG time ago.

Friendly Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My (user)name is Elkanah, and this has been a brief rant from an expatriate Gaian. Let my avatar's jaded expression convey my mild (and let's face it, ultimately meaningless) distaste for the whorish marketing campaign that's been unleashed on this place. The only reason I keep coming back here is an attempt to finish the manga storyline (which I found and still find very enjoyable). Although I'm mildly annoyed that only Reapersun seems to be working on it.

For that matter, Reapersun seems to be EVERYWHERE these days. What has happened to the influence of Gaia's other artists?

Friendly Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
And on that note, my fellow Gaians, I bid you adieu for now. I'm sure this will probably be lost in the GCD very quickly, but I felt the urge to vent my thoughts for posterity.

Thank you, and good night.

Celestial Trickster

35,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Super Converter 100
Elkanah
And on that note, my fellow Gaians, I bid you adieu for now. I'm sure this will probably be lost in the GCD very quickly, but I felt the urge to vent my thoughts for posterity.

Thank you, and good night.

Go ahead and vent.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

Elkanah
For that matter, Reapersun seems to be EVERYWHERE these days. What has happened to the influence of Gaia's other artists?

Finni is also a popular and recognizable artist, as so as many more, perhaps reapersun has been around here for a much longer time than others and managed to do more things?
I don't really know. mad

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd "Adds another coin to her 'Boohoo I've been away for X time, Now I'm back and WTH are these changes' coin box.

If it is about the manga your talking about sadly Reaper is the last of the old guards knowing the storyline. A lot of the older artists left for better pastures (o_8 now in Skullgirls, Jenzee is in Bastion, Fayren Pickpocket is Transformers, VO in Capcom, L0cke is in DIsney/ Pixar(?) ) Some artists were laid off last year, though some of them were rehired again.

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

this is urinating in the wind babe~ Splash damage is all the damage done.

Gaia just evolved....Shrug and just live with it...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff