Welcome to Gaia! ::

ninja

Okay, look, I was gonna put some little story up talking about something, but I figure, that it's better to come out and say it. No more hiding. And I know this is gonna be reported, so go ahead and do it. I no longer care. But this needs to be said.

Since when did this place get so ******** up. First, our right to frelly speak is hindered greatly by rules left and right. Yes, I know that some of these have a purpose, but now they are being taken for granted. The Mods are beginning to power trip the likes have only been seen in real-life. What happened to our right to freely speak about what we want? Well that's just ******** up.

And to add on to that, now they've taken our right to insult when we see fit. What the hell? When did Gaia become one giant pussified support group that caters to the crying bullshit of some spoiled ******** that doesn't like what one person said. ******** that. Extended Discussion is formed around the submission of one person's thoughts feelings and ideas on a subject, no matter how dumb they are. "No, we promote a friendly society of ********". You know what, Gaia as become a former shell of itself. Once, this was a great place to come, rant, insult, joke, and just talk. It felt like being in a big electronic room of friends. Sure, an insult was flung across the room every now and then, but it was all in good jest. Now we can't even do that. Why is that? Well, I 'll say this much. This is one ******** Pseudo-Utopian crybaby-a** chatroom, and we are being forced to conform to this "nice to everyone" standard. What the ********!!! In life, everyone isn't nice to everyone, but that's the great thing about life. Why has our right to speak freely on one ********' chatroom been impeded upon by some pompous self-righteous dingleberries who have spent a little longer than the rest of us doing absolutely nothing. Yeah, there are some stupid posts here, but that is their God Damn right to speak about what they want to speak about. You can't get mad at that. But, the second someone wants to cry on their shoulder about some "hurt feelings", you gotta be there to baby the s**t out of them.

Our last sigil of hope was located in the heart of Extended Discussion. And now, that has slowly died by the hands of many. You know who you are. Pat yourselves on the back. You killed a great concept. And yes, go ahead and use your "Modly Powers" and delete this one. It's only gonna come back.
******** off, a*****e I like gaia!

Humor and insults aside, the mods arent really that strict. Seriously. I think I got warned for one stupid thing last year, but I didn't make some mod hate thread. The rules are more like guidlines, they say to follow them, but they arent going to ban you if you insult someone. Maybe think lowly of you, but not ban. 3nodding

[/endasskissery]
Meh, it's still not the worst forum I have seen. A lot of them bleep out words like ******** s**t d**k p***s etc and so flames all end up looking like
**** you mother****er ***** I hate your ******* ***
so at least ther is that much to be said for it
Try playing by 'their' rules to get your point across clearer, because, as you said, this thread will most likely be deleted.
[******** off, a*****e I like gaia!

Humor and insults aside, the mods arent really that strict. Seriously. I think I got warned for one stupid thing last year, but I didn't make some mod hate thread. The rules are more like guidlines, they say to follow them, but they arent going to ban you if you insult someone. Maybe think lowly of you, but not ban. 3nodding

[/endasskissery]they banned me for a few hours.
If you don't like Gaia, get off, it is really that simple

The mods don't use their powers shittingly, they do what they were given the powers for to keept the forums in tact

People get pissed at insults because they are given from n00bs like you who don't follow the rules, harrassment

If you don't like Gaia then get off, but no one wants to here you rant on like a piss hole about it, make any sence?

Tipsy Smoker

There are other forums. If you don't like this one, find another site.
Especially being new, I hate to have my first posts be in areas like this... but alas, I've been around the 'net waaay too many times, and I've seen threads like this before.

And with such being said, I shall engage:
Nobody is disputing your right to be upset. Nobody is disputing your right to say or feel anything, or to express yourself however you see fit. What is being disputed is whether or not your particular "God Given" and/or constitutional rights extend into the property of others.

It doesn't. As I've learned, and as I've told countless others in my lengthy tenure in internet forums and communities... if you don't like the way things are going... gather up some people with a little bit of spare cash... ($20 a month or so...) some coding experience, preferably php/PERL/etc, and buy yourself your own little corner of the internet. You can the invite/ban/allow/tolerate/deny/refuse whatever you wish. You'll then have your own little utopian internet community.

I'll tell you something, though. When/if you amass a community quite this large, you'll be dealing with trolls, flamers, and all sorts of general jackarsery. I'm willing to place pretty good odds on the fact that you would also institute certain limitations. Not the same ones, mind you, but some.

When dealing with a community this large, you have to cater to, and establish limits based on, the lowest caliber of individual. These are the cretins of the 'net community. You've met them, you've seen them, you hate them too. Please don't mistake my comments. I'm NOT calling you the dregs of the internet community. Far from it. Like you, I've spent a lot of time outraged by how certain moderators/administrators have handled things. I've flown off the handle just like you have. I'm NOT coming down on you, or shooting you down.

I support your right/reasons to be upset. However, you're a responsible, intelligent human being, as I am. I think we both know that ultimately, there's really only one decision to be made. If things don't change, are you willing to just cut ties, in a civil fashion, and go? Think about this... were you to establish your own giant community on the web... (something I think all of us have done at one point or another... quickly finding ourselves over our heads) ...and someone accused you of the same... would your hope not be for them to merely leave, rather than trying to tear down your established community in the proccess?

Parting shots serve no purpose. They won't really make you feel better... and all they will do is foster animosity. I hope that you find the answers that you're looking for. Message me, IM me, whatever, I'm always willing to talk if you need a sounding board.

Let me repeat: I'm not your enemy, nor do I have any desire to be so. I understand that you're upset. I'm just hoping that perhaps some wisened words, from someone that's been there too, may help you along the way.

^_~

Here if you need me,
K
That was the biggest rant I have ever seen. Personally I have never been warned or anything like that by the mods but then again I dont run randomly around insulting people or acting like an idiot or putting things in the wrong forums etc etc.
Maybe your just in the wrong place- did that occur to you? There are plenty of places on Gaia with a friendly decent nature- if you looked at it in a postitive non-child like perspective you would realise that a lot of people find it difficult to express what they actually feel so they use an insulting and overall derogatory nature. I have never been censored or had a post deleted by a mod when expressing my opinion and I have expressed quite a few opinions around Gaia. You know why I think that is- because I dont use words like faggotory that are degrading to people who are of a different sexuality. You cant outright offend somebody because then its not a discussion or a debate- its an insult and then it must be censored or deleted.
The mods are not powertripping- they are doing their job. If something has been deleted then it was deleted for a purpose and if something you posted got deleted and this sparked your little rant and rave then get over- your not the only person who has had stuff deleted. Your acting like a whiney little child and I have no sympathy for you if you do get banned because in all honesty then you probably deserved it for whatever derogatory and idiotic comment that you have made. Just because you maybe like a heated debate does not mean other people do.
If you dont like Gaia then simply leave- get the ******** out of here and dont come back if it annoys you to the point of posting that insulting piece of crap that you did above.
As I'm sure people are doubtlessly going to be ticked off by the title of this thread and the rant herein, might I be the voice of wisdom to suggest:

- Don't fire back, guys, we all know that fanning the flames of anger is JUST going to result in more such posts

- If you don't like the content, respond intelligently, and in a courteous, professional manner. Replies like "&#@* You, GO AWAY!" Are NOT going to bring resolution to the complaintant's frustration. I think we ALL know what those kinds of postings are going to breed.
ninja

This isn't some Mod-hate thread. This is just a "Hey, our freedom to speak in a chatroom is being threatened by the very people that are supposed to thrive here" thread. I still like Gaia, but I kiss no one's a**. I have gotten through this long by telling the truth, and I don't plan on stopping now.

And second for all of you that keep saying that this is insulting piece of crap, I can only tell you that you have only proven my point, which is the second reason why I posted this. You all have the right to insult mefor my views and I respect that. Hell, I would retaliate with a plethora of verbal comebacks but, I'm appeased now but you are only proving my point. The right to speak the way that you want is being altered, and I guess that I'm the only one saying something.

And third, this is a discussion/debate. If I'm wrong then debate, If I'm right discuss. And words like faggotry don't insult someone's sexuality, you ********' putz. It has nothing to do with one's sexuality, but rather one's retardation. Like yours, Tao a**-Kiss f**. I have many friends that are homosexual and bisexual in the best sense, and they are not offended when words like faggotry are brought up, you idiot. And if you don't like a heated debate, why go some place that is based around heated debates. Either your parents didn't give you love as a shild, or you are just that ********' stupid. f**.
You should realy try Neopets' forums. Compared to them, Gaia is like this big, wide-open realm of beauty gently placed down from the heavens, where people are allowed to say things like "hot", and "sexy" and "crap". Are some mods here a bit ban-happy? Well... yes, in my opinion. I've seen it. But you get that <i>anywhere</i>. If you went to any other forum-centered site, you'd see that they usually have a whole Pandora's Box full of problems with users, with mods, with fights and people *gasp!* <i>abusing</i> free speech by being assholes! surprised

Seriously, you find a site you like better, more power to you. But this is the best I've found, and minor problems be damned.
ninja

Look, I like Gaia. I really do. This post is only to tell people what my only problems are. I bet given the chance, other would feel alot better doing one of these every now and then. It's just a harmless rant that is only to talk about the things that I don't like about Gaia. but, all in all it is still a cool place. Hell, people insult the U.S.A., but given the opportunity and studying the alternative, they would stay there.

Dramatic Hunter

LearningHowToSmile
You should realy try Neopets' forums. Compared to them, Gaia is like this big, wide-open realm of beauty gently placed down from the heavens, where people are allowed to say things like "hot", and "sexy" and "crap". Are some mods here a bit ban-happy? Well... yes, in my opinion. I've seen it. But you get that <i>anywhere</i>. If you went to any other forum-centered site, you'd see that they usually have a whole Pandora's Box full of problems with users, with mods, with fights and people *gasp!* <i>abusing</i> free speech by being assholes! surprised

Seriously, you find a site you like better, more power to you. But this is the best I've found, and minor problems be damned.

I second everything that has been said in the above post fully. Neopets boards are a world of pain compared to gaia.
Zinnia Ziegler
There are other forums. If you don't like this one, find another site.
I second that. 3nodding heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces