Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

I'm interested, so come in and spill your guts. We all love Gaia, but we all have different reasons for sticking around and supporting with out presence or with our money. But what are those reasons, and why Gaia? If you've been here long enough, you know that Gaia Online probably the longest lasting avatar site, with probably the most daily traffic and users, but Gaia Interactive doesn't have a very good track record with keeping their site features updated consistently; monster Galaxy, Word Bump, Pinball, Jigsaw, Electric Love Faktori, Zomg, Frontier Skies, Journals, Inventory Arranger, Aquariums, avi item glitches, and the list goes on. They've had lousy communication with the community, and amongst their staff, in the past, and seem to be regressing back to that, now they they're stripping away the people who actually talked with the community, when they could; or stayed up past their shirt to fix glitches. Avi sites are everywhere, so what makes you loyal to Gaia, and continue to offer your support?

Loverboy

Friends are literally the only reason I'm here.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well I did love the social games...

But friends in my guild Ive owned since 2005...random idiots in CB, and I have enjoyed being able to help test gaias games and such...but that seems to be gone now.

Devoted Loiterer

Sagebomb

But friends in my guild Ive owned since 2005...random idiots in CB, and I have enjoyed being able to help test gaias games and such...but that seems to be gone now.
Sounds like a sad gaia life. so with no friends, and the games going unmanaged, shortly after they're released, why do you still stick around?

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Other avatars sites simply don't appeal to me. Gaia has the items I love, the Guilds I love to visit and the NPCs I enjoy watching and interacting with. As for communication, Gaia is like a saint compared to the other sites - where it's almost nonexistant.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pen 7
Sagebomb

Sounds like a sad gaia life. so with no friends, and the games going unmanaged, shortly after they're released, why do you still stick around?

No friends? Do you not count guilds? I have flewn around the world to meet some of those guild friends because they are so awesome.

and like I said CB is always fun for random junk. But I have been closely involved with a lot of games and the others who spend way too much time on them. And its only a couple days ago the heart got ripped out of games, so I am trying to have faith and see where it goes.

I still believe in Sisky, Kenny, Nar, Code, Zero and the others who have survived.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I'm here because of a lot of my friends are on Gaia as well as I always look forward to RIGs each month to see if either

a: My RIG theme is chosen

And or

b: If a favorite NPC is included in said RIG.

But I'm here mainly because of friends, the RIGs and everyone in the GCD. 3nodding

Devoted Loiterer

Sagebomb
Pen 7
Sagebomb

No friends? Do you not count guilds? I have flewn around the world to meet some of those guild friends because they are so awesome.

and like I said CB is always fun for random junk. But I have been closely involved with a lot of games and the others who spend way too much time on them. And its only a couple days ago the heart got ripped out of games, so I am trying to have faith and see where it goes.

I still believe in Sisky, Kenny, Nar, Code, Zero and the others who have survived.
oops, sorry, I somehow read that as all your guild friends left to become CBers. ignore my last post

it's pretty cool you know some of those people in your guild you know from real life. That should make for stronger bond. But still, you can go with those friends to other sites, if it wasn't for the CB and Gaia staff keeping you, couldn't you? The CB will probably still be around, but the staff like Sisky, Kenny, and the others could be let go, eventually, like our recent staff was.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

You know, you're right...

I should try to be a little more optimistic. I've been all doom and gloom, since I heard about the layoffs.

...no straight thing was ever made."

Sagebomb
And its only a couple days ago the heart got ripped out of games, so I am trying to have faith and see where it goes.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Friendships, guilds, avatars, bitchin bout lack of body hair and snakes cool

I still enjoy the site a lot, even if I'm frustrated by some of the actions executed.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pen 7
oops, sorry, I somehow read that as all your guild friends left to become CBers. ignore my last post

it's pretty cool you know some of those people in your guild you know from real life. That should make for stronger bond. But still, you can go with those friends to other sites, if it wasn't for the CB and Gaia staff keeping you, couldn't you? The CB will probably still be around, but the staff like Sisky, Kenny, and the others could be let go, eventually, like our recent staff was.

i write dyslexically I know often my tenses and such can be mixed up, and create meanings different to my intentions....I can accept blame.

Nah I good chunk of them only really come on gaia to check the guild now and again as well. (In the past 7-8 years seems some people have grown up a lot and got more stuck into the real world XD, not all though. And I dont use any other forums/sites offering similar things, and I dont believe I would. If gaia shut down, I would probally just stop foruming.

They could, and if so, yeah besides checking on my guild, I probally would essentially leave gaia, besides the od check in. (Aka cut my time down massivly). Its the Devs/admins that make me love and believe in gaia, replace them and it wont be the gaia I fell in love with anymore.

Single Spirit

I have never made a really good friend on here. I just recently came back from a hiatus that lasted like 1-2 years or something LOL. Having said that, before coming back in March I found it very hard to stay around. What keeps me around though is all the items, I love setting goals for myself and achieving them, especially when gold on here is loads easier to earn than it used to be. I can finally earn a KiKi in a week, which is an item I lusted over since I was 12.

So yeah, I don't know. I just love this place, I grew up with it. My only complaint is that Frontier Skies is gone.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
You know, you're right...

I should try to be a little more optimistic. I've been all doom and gloom, since I heard about the layoffs.

I did feel kinda close to Tim and John in a certain way, I did everything I could to help in testing and bug blasting in all of the gaia games I could. I have several threads chatting with them about certain glitches to figure them out, through out the years. That cut for me...it still hurting, and it will for ages, but Im hoping that ATA will at least give me a small ammount of closure on some things. I really do hope all the best for them in their new futures.

Although it feels like half of gaias heart was ripped out, the other half are people I have seen do amazing things though the years, and I know they lost valuable friends too (Hopefully only in work, I trust they will keep in touch). but those people I listed I have a similar trust as I had to tim and john.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

I don't have many actual friends here... but I'm a loner offline, too, so the doesn't really bother me. So, unlike most people, I'm not here for my friends. I am here, however, for the community... I think it's a great group of people and I love that a site so whimsical and fun is, at the same time, mature and full of people in my own age group (late twenties and early thirties). The site, in many ways, grew with its community.

I'm really disappointed with the recent layoffs and I'm concerned about where the site is headed, but Gaia does still have a great team of staff, so I'm trying to remain hopeful. Although, I am considering a cash shop boycott, if there turns out to be no real good reason for the layoffs and if certain parts of the site, where people have devoted countless hours and endless amounts of gold, end up being abandoned (e.g. Alchemy). And mentioning the cash shop, I am also concerned about what the newer items will look like... I haven't been in love with many of the newer items, but really looked forward to anything by PR|SM.

The forums and the avi 'dress-up' aspect of the site might end up being all that will keep me here, unless they revive zOMG and keep updating Alchemy... then I'll be a happy camper.

...no straight thing was ever made."

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I come here because it's fun and relaxing. & the ppl

That's pretty much it.

When it comes down to it, it's really none of our business what goes on internally at the company. I'm just glad staff are open and allowed to talk with us about things from time to time.

At most other websites you don't even know get to talk to staff because they don't care about establishing user-staff relationships.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff