Welcome to Gaia! ::

PocketFoxo's Husbando

Something happened to me about a few months after i joined gaia.
I guess i was still pretty new to the whole "Forums" but i got by.
I remember that i posted a topic in the GD and somebody called me a noob
And i asked how am i a noob?
they said because i had numbers in my user name,my avi didnt cost over 10k and my look has been done serveral times before.
And i said:Well i THOUGHT the point of the username and the Avi was to express yourself.It didnt matter how much my outfit cost as long as i liked it and made it my own.As for the my look's been done before i told her to show me some people that have my look or just shut up.
She came back one minute later saying she found 11 people with the same look.Doubt it.
Anyway i should wrap this up.
What is your definition of a noob,GCD?
I dunno... I don't really like that word too much...
I dont really have a definition of the word noob
i find that newb, with an E W is for when someone is new at gaia, ex: i'm new, where is the forum?
but n00b with 2 0's, however, is for when someone is a troll/emote spammer /cyber f**/ all around jackass, ex: OMGWTF Y U NO GIV ME UR GOLDZ?!!?!?

Invisible Cat

newbie= new to gaia ....

noob= doesn't bother to read rules or care they broke it.

having an avi under 10k doesn't make you new sometimes people just want to look simple.

edit-http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

when you post in the gd it's bound to happen.
i'm surprised i didn't say anything.

edit: a n00b is pretty much what mrsrachealsnape said.

Familiar Mage

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Signature Look 250
WynnMiyabi
i find that newb, with an E W is for when someone is new at gaia, ex: i'm new, where is the forum?
but n00b with 2 0's, however, is for when someone is a troll/emote spammer /cyber f**/ all around jackass, ex: OMGWTF Y U NO GIV ME UR GOLDZ?!!?!?

I like this definition, though I would probably expand upon that by showing the similarities and differences with the two even deeper.

A newbie, or newb, is an individual who is new but eager to learn - and fit in. While he or she will make mistakes, these are usually quickly corrected and he or she will eventually grow into a well-rounded individual, maybe one day well-known for his or her own witty personality.

A noob, however, is a corruption of the above individual. While new (or resembling someone new), they are often arrogant and self-important. They believe (or pretend to believe) that they are the greatest person alive, and when their mistakes are pointed out, often respond (rather than with a "thank you" and maybe "how do I move it?" which, while naive, is also well-intended) with "STFU AND GTFO OF MY FORUM!" Or something to that effect.

Noobs will beg, yammer on about their lives, etc. no matter what forum they're in. They'll inevitably "bump" even if it's unnecessary - scratch that, ESPECIALLY when it's unnecessary. They are a plague upon society, the internet equivalent of those idiots who talk throughout movies - often not even about the movies - and very loudly.

(This made me think of something very fun, BTW - next time you go to the movies and someone's talking incessantly, shout to them, "Ess tee eff yew, noob!" If that doesn't work, throw a fireball at 'em. And by fireball, I mean those red hot cinnamon jawbreakers. Though that might just get you in trouble. Okay, nix the fireball.)
A noob to me has nothing to do with how long they've been here, or whether they're rich or not, It's they way they act. I've seen kids with 03s running around chat speaking and calling other peopel random names, THOSE are the noobs.

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
I define noob as someone who makes posts like: i can haz gold now plz?

Smoker

Newbie=new person
n00b=new person, who is annoying and begs for money, and doesnt read rules.
as far as i know nOOb is a word for somebody who is really rude or stupid on purpose bashing other users and being plain annoying

and newb is a word for a new user somebody who is just getting the hang of the site and doesnt know much about whats what its not really that despective

but some people scramble them and call newbs noobs and noobs newbs or make no difference of the word and just imagine they are different ways to write the same thing ....
but i could be wrong sweatdrop

PocketFoxo's Husbando

blueisa
as far as i know nOOb is a word for somebody who is really rude or stupid on purpose bashing other users and being plain annoying

and newb is a word for a new user somebody who is just getting the hang of the site and doesnt know much about whats what its not really that despective

but some people scramble them and call newbs noobs and noobs newbs or make no difference of the word and just imagine they are different ways to write the same thing ....
but i could be wrong sweatdrop
theres no wrong answer since your definition could be different then the next person.It's more like an opinion

Twilight Aria's Husbando

Man-Hungry Connoisseur

20,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
My definition of a "noob" is a new user or player who has no interest in earning their own things or looking for answers to their own questions. They just want everyone to hand everything to them so they can be SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME GUY.

And then when no one will give them what they want, they throw pissy little fits and stupid insults.
My definition? Honestly?

Anyone that pisses me off, whilst speaking broken English. Clothing, Post Styles, Names, those're just details, silly little vagaries that, while obnoxious, don't serve as a real judge of character. It's how much of an a** they make of themselves that really makes the difference.

Virtuous Friend

Well my definition of a n00b is pretty much an a$$hole, no respect, obnoxious, and the constant need to say that they are right about anything.

Now a newb or newbie , is a new person and that's all nothing more nothing less.

n00b=/=newb

A newb can become a good member of Gaia or can become a n00b.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff