Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I took a long, looooooong hiatus. Laurels were still about 9M. And I decided to join in the Christmas events & donate gifts to people, and some items that were like 5-10 k that are the ugly bundle items are now close to 1M.

People are talking about inflation, is that the REAL worth of items or just what people are asking? I'm curious because I did an inventory worth so I could tektek myself & it has me at a LOT. Demon Horns & Ninja Band are both over 1B. I'm just wondering what the ******** happened. Sorry if I'm out of the loop, I tried to find a thread to address item worth issues but only found inflation topics that didn't answer this question.

Thanks. xx

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Real worth? It has gotten so out of hand and so ridiculous it no longer matters except where anything that has a sellback value should be counted now. At least, that is how I feel.

Everything else is just hyper-inflated to worthlessness.

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Real worth? It has gotten so out of hand and so ridiculous it no longer matters except where anything that has a sellback value should be counted now. At least, that is how I feel.

So is buying any new items worth it? or is it just wasting my gold on items? Do people actually buy these items that are super inflated? Like if I wanted to sell my NHB for its "worth", or would it forever sit? Sorry for sounding dumb, I'm just baffled that items are listed for so much damn much and I don't even know what caused the inflation.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

So is buying any new items worth it? or is it just wasting my gold on items? Do people actually buy these items that are super inflated? Like if I wanted to sell my NHB for its "worth", or would it forever sit? Sorry for sounding dumb, I'm just baffled that items are listed for so much damn much and I don't even know what caused the inflation.

Flynnation hit. And then more of this "gamification". Everything is so volatile. Not really worth buying anything unless it is something you want to collect for yourself. Otherwise, Gaia will release items and the prices go down and some people will b***h about how they "lost gold and value" when they really haven't.

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Flynnation hit. And then more of this "gamification". Everything is so volatile. Not really worth buying anything unless it is something you want to collect for yourself. Otherwise, Gaia will release items and the prices go down and some people will b***h about how they "lost gold and value" when they really haven't.
How long have things been inflating? Back in December the golden laurels were like 26M(because I thought they were still 8-9M & wanted to buy them finally lmfao) and it seems everything has jumped WAY up in just a few months.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

How long have things been inflating? Back in December the golden laurels were like 26M(because I thought they were still 8-9M & wanted to buy them finally lmfao) and it seems everything has jumped WAY up in just a few months.

Things started going up around April of last year. Then increased in June. Then in Augut, whehn Flynn came by with a bounty of booty... it all accelerated out of control.

NOW, the Devs "fixed" the gold cap for our accounts and for the mp (big huge mistake... wish they had confined it to just the auctioned part) and then - all hell broke loose! It's an Apocalypse!

*runs around like a crazy old bat going out of her mind and screaming*

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Things started going up around April of last year. Then increased in June. Then in Augut, whehn Flynn came by with a bounty of booty... it all accelerated out of control.

NOW, the Devs "fixed" the gold cap for our accounts and for the mp (big huge mistake... wish they had confined it to just the auctioned part) and then - all hell broke loose! It's an Apocalypse!

*runs areound like a crazy old bat going out of her mind and screaming*
Sorry.. What is the gold cap? Like, you can't have more than X amount of gold in your account or list items for more than X amount?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Sorry.. What is the gold cap? Like, you can't have more than X amount of gold in your account or list items for more than X amount?

WAAAAAASSSSS 2.1 billion and change. Now there is NO limit. Except the sky.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Precisely, they raised the gold cap because a small number of users complained that they couldn't keep all their "hard-earned" gold in one account. Wish they'd listen to a large number of users and release the inventory arranger.

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

WAAAAAASSSSS 2.1 billion and change. Now there is NO limit. Except the sky.
That's ridiculous. Who would buy a s**t item for more than that?

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Precisely, they raised the gold cap because a small number of users complained that they couldn't keep all their "hard-earned" gold in one account. Wish they'd listen to a large number of users and release the inventory arranger.
They've been begging Gaia for that for YEARS! Ever since I joined haha

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

If it's any consolation, the MP is probably going to crash in the next few months and the raised cap will be rendered useless. emotion_dowant

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

If it's any consolation, the MP is probably going to crash in the next few months and the raised cap will be rendered useless. emotion_dowant
Are many people even buying the inflated items? Like, are people seriously buying Golden Laurels for 1B when a year ago they were 7.5M(just as an example - I can't get over the fact I didn't buy them before my hiatus since at the time they were coming down in price so I thought if I waited they'd be lower) blaugh

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Nyadriel

Are many people even buying the inflated items? Like, are people seriously buying Golden Laurels for 1B when a year ago they were 7.5M(just as an example - I can't get over the fact I didn't buy them before my hiatus since at the time they were coming down in price so I thought if I waited they'd be lower) blaugh

Unfortunately... yes. Because of the gold generators Gaia has been putting out since Flynn.

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett
Immoral Oblivion
Imrae Myett

Unfortunately... yes. Because of the gold generators Gaia has been putting out since Flynn.
What are the gold generators? Stuff you buy was GC? Or just a way for the "average Joe" to become *affluent* on here?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff