Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Hellraiser

Damn seeing all these posts make me feel incredibly poor. I always struggle with keeping up gold, an normally i have 2-3 billion, depending on if the things i want have gone down. I only got to have my most expensive item because somebody had put it up about 10 bil lower than average crying

Tipsy Shoujo

i usually have anywhere between 5bil and 15bil

Quotable Conversationalist

3,800 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wow, I just came back after a multi-year hiatus. The first think i did was look at the marketplace and I had no idea what was going on, and why everything was priced in the billions!

Devout Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
This is the only thread I've found that actually explained a bit more to me.
Just came back after a hiatus and had a lil panic attack...
I left rich and came back poor. wtf?

What may help is if Gaia decides to put a cap on how much an item can be listed for.

King Noob

- - -
I throw away items worth 2b or less every day.
Every goddamn day.
They're not worth the time it takes to sell them.

I think 50b-ish is normal these days. You can get alot of good stuff with that much.
1tril is like what 20m was back when the D*C glorianna laces were released, I think.
Anyone remember those days? Hm?
I think that's a fair comparison that everyone should understand.
- - -

fxxkin demon

I've no idea what the average Gaian has on hand.

Personally I try an keep my gold count at 100bil or above. I hate being broke so if my gold count dips below I sell stuff until I deem it healthy. It probably helps that I dress my avi like this. Having a very specific style certainly cuts down on crazy quests.
So I, too, just came back from a multi-year hiatus, and I just....
I had 400,000 G when I left, thinking THAT was a lot!
Now I'm here just staring at the market place like "How does this even happen??"

I also, as I was going to make this post, came across a random event that gave me like 45,000,000 G and THAT'S not a lot?? Good lord...

Now, I guess my question is: how do I bounce back in this new economy? Like, how am I to get billions and billions of G like everyone else has got? I could sell some of my really old items from 2009 or so, but I'm still a bit attached to those.

I'm just. Wow. This is incredible.

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Alistair Krowe
Tifairy
Alistair Krowe
I know someone who has over a trillion gold. Myself, I tend to hover around the 50-90 billion range.

Crazy how sudden the spike occurred. There was no steady rise, a transition. Just... A million one day meant you were fairly wealthy, the next? A million is the equivalent of a handful of pennies. Just nuts, thinking about it.

When did the change take place?

I can't pin an exact date (due to shitty memory), but it was several months ago, I think. The moment the site started spamming us with gold generators, it took only about a week or so for a million gold to go from buy-a-small-island-nation rich to pocket change.

Yeah, I want to know who thought that was a good idea.

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Cheese360
Now I'm here just staring at the market place like "How does this even happen??"

I also, as I was going to make this post, came across a random event that gave me like 45,000,000 G and THAT'S not a lot?? Good lord...

Now, I guess my question is: how do I bounce back in this new economy? Like, how am I to get billions and billions of G like everyone else has got? I could sell some of my really old items from 2009 or so, but I'm still a bit attached to those.

When I came back I sold a couple of older items that I had some multiples of, which brought me up to around 45 bil. You can also just resort to real money, or slowly save...or sell charms or whatever.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i have 83 bil. just 7 bil from my quest. emo
Princess Piyo
Cheese360

When I came back I sold a couple of older items that I had some multiples of, which brought me up to around 45 bil. You can also just resort to real money, or slowly save...or sell charms or whatever.

Hmm... I do have a bit of cash saved up, somehow... 675 to be exact. I don't even remember how I got it, lol.

I've heard that in the past there were items I could buy with cash that would get me gold. Are those still around now? I have the feeling those'd give me a head start.

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Cheese360
Princess Piyo
Cheese360

Hmm... I do have a bit of cash saved up, somehow... 675 to be exact. I don't even remember how I got it, lol.

I've heard that in the past there were items I could buy with cash that would get me gold. Are those still around now? I have the feeling those'd give me a head start.

I wouldn't buy the gold generators because they give varying amounts, they're like chance items. I think the best thing to just buy something from the cash shop and sell it, but check to see what they're going for on the marketplace first. Be careful not to miss-price anything with all those zeros!
Princess Piyo
Cheese360
Princess Piyo
Cheese360

I wouldn't buy the gold generators because they give varying amounts, they're like chance items. I think the best thing to just buy something from the cash shop and sell it, but check to see what they're going for on the marketplace first. Be careful not to miss-price anything with all those zeros!

I have had history of terribly miss-pricing things, but that still sounds like a pretty solid idea. Thanks! I really need to get back in the loop of things. ._.

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Princess Piyo
Alistair Krowe
Tifairy
Alistair Krowe
I know someone who has over a trillion gold. Myself, I tend to hover around the 50-90 billion range.

Crazy how sudden the spike occurred. There was no steady rise, a transition. Just... A million one day meant you were fairly wealthy, the next? A million is the equivalent of a handful of pennies. Just nuts, thinking about it.

When did the change take place?

I can't pin an exact date (due to shitty memory), but it was several months ago, I think. The moment the site started spamming us with gold generators, it took only about a week or so for a million gold to go from buy-a-small-island-nation rich to pocket change.

Yeah, I want to know who thought that was a good idea.

Well, according to what I've grasped of their situation at the time, the site was sort of in the red. Not saying it was a grand idea in the long run, but apparently a lot of people basically threw their money at Gaia for easy gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff