Welcome to Gaia! ::

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

a 50bil item is worth around 60mil just back in february.... scary how time goes on and how the friggin inflation went on

i buy stuff i like with that gold i guess. dress up my OC, my cosplays, myself..... also to partially to fund my quest for a ticket which is impossible and i am so close to abandoning it like. why do i even try. emotion_facepalm

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I save up every single scrap of gold I can get my grubby hands on to be able to afford my end goal... alchemy backwings and that coveted achievement. emotion_dowant I also enjoy buying items and gifting people! I'm not "rich" but I think I have some nice things. I'm not a trillionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy my small amount of riches. But my gold right now, every bit of it, goes to my quest.

Angelic Blob

I don't know even know. I click on Daily Chance, but don't really care about the result because gold is pointless to have now.

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
Kid Jak
You need all the gold to make Tower of Pimps!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love you for this

ANYWAYS, on topic:
        I always end up spending gold I accumulate on items I've always wanted or randomly take interest in. I also randomly donate to people from time to time.
        I try to keep at least 20b at hand at all times though.

Fluffy Trickster

I am not rich, but it is getting ridiculous that I couldn't get much item now I don't know what to do with what I have.

I guess I just use it to get item I can get and pray it rise in price so I can sell it later...

Fluffy Trickster

Magically Clueless
Well, I have 9.8 billion so i'm not POOR, but I'm trying to get a Modus Operandi that used to be 16 billion and is now 30 billion in the MP. -_-

i save up gold often, only to spend it on something else on my wishlist because modus operandi is honestly making me angry

all i want to do is wear you, why do you keep increasing in price D:

I know how that feel
*weeps* I tried to get modus myself when it was 24B
I didn't make it in time when it inflate again...

I give up
I will wait until they re-release the item

Angelic Friend

I will be saving up for a LONGGGGG while, as it is. The item I want - it's these cute eyes that have blush under them - costs nearly 99 billion gold!
I mean, when I came back on here and saw I could sell s**t for like 100 million, I was ELATED. Never had that much on here, ever. But I quickly realized it was bad news, because I can't afford anything but shop items now...
Still better than nothing, but it's a bummer nonetheless. I know I'll never reach that goal, but I'll be letting my gold sit regardless. :')

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've often wondered this same question myself. I have few items on my wishlist, and most of them are too expensive (in comparison to how much I want them) for me to quest them, so they'll probably just sit there forever. (Though if I had unlimited funds, I'd probably properly do a backgrounds quest. I like avatar backgrounds, and I don't think they're appreciated enough.) Mostly I spend my gold getting items for a friend (though her wishlist is also now too expensive for me) or running writing contests (because I like writing, and the writing contests are about the most under-loved forum on Gaia).

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
minghii
a 50bil item is worth around 60mil just back in february.... scary how time goes on and how the friggin inflation went on

And 60k the February before that... sweatdrop

Questionable Streaker

Blippeh
basically its cause i'm really bored some times and making piles of fake currency gives my life meaning.

This...
...is my life.

Wild Bookworm

Kid Jak
You need all the gold to make Tower of Pimps!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Heh, good enough reason as any xd

I dunno really, the most I ever had in pure was nearly 300b. I'm very choosy about what items I buy, I have a very small inventory, I just keep swapping things for other things. Donating to newbies is good, they appreciate even a few millions, and unless they spend cash it takes them a quite a while to build up a decent amount of gold for the really nice items.
Or quest a ticket and have your own item made biggrin

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Antiq
Heh, good enough reason as any xd

I dunno really, the most I ever had in pure was nearly 300b. I'm very choosy about what items I buy, I have a very small inventory, I just keep swapping things for other things. Donating to newbies is good, they appreciate even a few millions, and unless they spend cash it takes them a quite a while to build up a decent amount of gold for the really nice items.
Or quest a ticket and have your own item made biggrin

Some day I will quest a ticket

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,690 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
make a charity or help people out with their quests

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
User Image

I don't even trust what I thought I knew about the economy anymore. I just watched the market inflate like crazy. My own "worth" in gold mysteriously "tripled" in the last week. I've only bought five letters in that time, so things are somehow mysteriously inflated yet we have a popular gold sink going on.

idk exactly what happened but an my quest item has tripled in "value" as well. In a week.

//end rant

So my advice is invest in items you like and forget about the price tags.
Boo!User Image

Tenacious Hellhound

Janine Melnitz
It's for donating to poor saps like me, silly. wink

I use mine to buy ghost and then release them into overpopulated cities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces