Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Treasure

Tsukita-chan
VVhip
There are so many creative Gaians and brilliant artists, tbh I don't know why Gaia doesn't just have a yearly contest where we can design whatever, and they pick the best few and sell that. Kind of like a Crosstitch super special.

I want to enter but I also don't want to win and have my name permanently attached to something in the shop. That potentiality is something that kind of scares me a little.

but you could use a mule to submit!! 4laugh

I think you can elect not to have your name on the item? The Teru Teru Bozu poncho from the last contest didn't seem to have an artist attributed to it.

Revered Connoisseur

CrossStitch is just pure basic clothing, eh? Yet the rules didn't mention accessories at all, but we have Agatha's shop for that. It wouldn't hurt much if we have variety we really need.
I just want to make items that give package to the male and female base, would that count as a not-mentioned body mod?
I'm not really satisfied yet to the items we have. I'm just looking for versatile items that can sit on my invo for long.

Handsome Man-Lover

Daltar
CrossStitch is just pure basic clothing, eh? Yet the rules didn't mention accessories at all, but we have Agatha's shop for that. It wouldn't hurt much if we have variety we really need.
I just want to make items that give package to the male and female base, would that count as a not-mentioned body mod?
I'm not really satisfied yet to the items we have. I'm just looking for versatile items that can sit on my invo for long.

Well, in this contest's theme, how about just making pants with a package? It's really all in the shading 8D

I'm kinda not sure if I should enter, my OC is perfectly human, so I'm not really in a pinch about the rules. I have 2 items from my OCs outfit that work, I'll have to ponder which one to enter. Decisions, decisions.

I said this in another thread before; basically I think the rules should allow anything that already has a version in a gold shop (wigs specifically, we need more gold shop wigs).

Manly Regular

1. Beards or Hair extensions/clips (hair/wigs are written...) but do facial hair count? Or all type of hair-made things? XD

oh my god
I am guilty for this
lol
Now I don't feel like submitting my entry anymoe
crying
my crosstitch entry

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Yeata Zi
aPersonally, I have wildly disliked most of the recent cross stitch winners.

Really everything with faces.

I don't see how adding a face to an item makes it ok.

Like, I mean, No companion items--so let's that what I would have be a pet and turn it into a jacket! KAWAII!

As far as that other stuff -shrug- I'm cool with the rule.

Not to mention the "frilly raincoats".
When have you ever seen a pvc coated coat or a poncho as "frilly"?

Hot Dog

How about if gaia makes a contest for body mods, wigs, or any entry that isn't allowed
and the prize for the winners are GC (to pay for what they made, instead of the usual;
what you make is what you get) and they could sell it at Crosstitch for a small GC price?

Probably not gonna happen, so far the only item I like from the CSCs are the Beanies.

emotion_donotwant

Stellar Succubus

Tsukita-chan
VVhip
There are so many creative Gaians and brilliant artists, tbh I don't know why Gaia doesn't just have a yearly contest where we can design whatever, and they pick the best few and sell that. Kind of like a Crosstitch super special.

I want to enter but I also don't want to win and have my name permanently attached to something in the shop. That potentiality is something that kind of scares me a little.

Haha I'm an idiot! xd

You know why I didn't think of this?! Because I don't have a mule! :O

I don't assume I'd win, but I do have some ideas I think might be nice... Not so much for this round though I doubt they'll release the kinds of things I have in mind.

You know what, I'll make them anyway. I'm pretty sure they won't get in since they're not cute items. But why not try!

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
❝ I think it's dumb that they put all these restrictions on this theme, though I DO understand WHY they do it.

But they should have just picked a different theme if this was the case. However, the ideas people are coming up with are really nice, so I'm looking forward to this either way. ❞

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I kind of figured that "body mod" refers to an item that alters part of the base. You know, like faun legs. Tails and ears, I think, would be more like add-ons, regular accessories.

It is kind of shame. I did want to enter the tail of my merman OC, but because it removes the regular avatar legs it would be considered a "body mod". I do intend on submitting a regular tail, though.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Eh, I'm not really bothered about finding 'loop holes'.

Why waste your time doing that when you could design some awesome clothing based on your OC's? There are so many possibilities!
I think we've got a little too hung up on body mods and wigs etc lately.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

VVhip
Tsukita-chan
VVhip

Haha I'm an idiot! xd

You know why I didn't think of this?! Because I don't have a mule! :O

I don't assume I'd win, but I do have some ideas I think might be nice... Not so much for this round though I doubt they'll release the kinds of things I have in mind.

You know what, I'll make them anyway. I'm pretty sure they won't get in since they're not cute items. But why not try!

emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

ohh please share w/us your ideas!!!!! emotion_yatta emotion_yatta

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i've been having a hard time thinking of what to submit since most of my OCs 'signature item' would be body mods/wings/tails/tattoos/hair/eyes/etc (because generally my OCs don't have set 'signature' outfits because i think of them like real people and like designing them a bunch of different outfits). emo

i'll come up with something though. it's just more challenging this way, i guess.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
OMG everyone, please, storm an AtA about this, I was ignored when I asked for a more in-depth FAQ.

One way around some of these things are by combining items. I can do horns and eyes, just it has to be labeled as a mask and all put together. btw, A mod will shrink the base down, or chops some off so Eye C U item can't count as a mod. You can make huge hulk arms and say they are gloves, or huge horns as long as they are attached to a hat, as long as it doesn't cut into the existing base, and is classified as clothing in some way, it counts. I don't think they want to add too many layers, most items are one layer items.

I am always at a loss as to what I can specifically enter. I feel this time, since it's about OC's, one entry should be able to have up to 4 separate pieces to fill in the 4 slots an item receives, rather then 4 recolors of the same item. Ideally, I'd like to have a set for my OC, rather then like, pants, or just a hat. Other designs have been allowed in that should be disqualified, so I don't see how this would be bad, since I don't want my oc's clothes in any other colors. I also see no problem with making a male and a female item, and just giving them 2 recolors instead of the 4, but they don't allow that either. You either have to have 1 of the same clothing type/design, usually with 4 different color/theme schemes applied to it, or something of the same clothing type, in 4 completely different designs , or at least this is what I've noticed.

Magic GO

We seriously need a free-for-all theme. One little contest isn't going to hurt business. We already have wings and halos. After all, the judges have the final say in what stays. So, even if a member on here were to create a pair of obtainable knock-off alchemy wings or a really awesome pose, Gaia still wouldn't have to choose it as a winning entry. Plus, the variety of entries might even give the Gaian artists some inspiration of their own.

Ice-Cold Victory

The body mod rule is a little confusing to me too...like, do they mean body mods the way we Gaians use the word (pants/shoes/arms that don't look like the regular avatar base), or do they mean traditional mods like tattoos and ears and tails?

For wings, would strap-on backpack style backswings be disqualified? I also find the rule about no headphones oddly specific. What if your OC really did wear some cool headphones? I guess you could try to get around that by attaching them to a hat. Do wigs attached to hats count? I'm picturing those Jamaican reggae hats with dreads attached...

I feel like the most fun part about OCs is the details that go into them, like their accessories and non-human traits. Unfortunately it seems like the contest discourages entering any of those parts...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff