Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lil Nell Saxen's Significant Otter

High-functioning Trash

Hello, GCD! I'm usually a lurker, but I've come out of my little shell because an idea came to me today. What if we could create two separate inventories? Or at least, custom tabs within our inventories? The reason I've been thinking about this is because I've been getting into alchemy lately. I pretty much don't throw anything away anymore because I never know if it's something I'll be able to use. Plus, I've been collecting a lot of repeat items to use in formulas, and many of those are store bought and/or equippable items. Basically, they're cluttering up my inventory and I can't put them into storage because then they won't show up when I view my formulas. I also know that alchemy components get mixed in with game items, and sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. Anyway- Do you think the ability to create custom tabs within your inventory is a good idea? Do you think it's even possible? If such a feature did exist, what would you use it for? (Besides alchemy, of course.) I'm very interested in hearing (er... reading) your thoughts. :')
A mule account.

Have another for purposes just like this. Like how people have mule's for event items &' trash, etc etc

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
It would be cool. I'd like to make separate inventories by COLOR.

So instead of shoes, tops, etc.... it would b RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, etc.

Although now that the search tool is a thing, this isn't as important to me as it once was.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The search tool breaks if you have a big inventory, sadly.

I dunno how useful this would actually be, but I also don't do alchemy at all. I DO have to say that I wish when you alchemized something it took the components from the end of your inventory. I bought extras of stuff so I could make the stupid Ultra Satan head from the anniversary event, but it took the ones I had organized in with all my other items instead of the duplicates I'd bought just to use in the recipe, and I had to organize them all in again, and it was annoying.

Magic Hobo

I would like to be able to organize the different categories of stuff in my inventory separately.

Like, sort through my equippables without having to drag s**t up through ten miles of game and aquarium items.

:> just, you know. For convenience.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I would like to be able to organize the different categories of stuff in my inventory separately.

Like, sort through my equippables without having to drag s**t up through ten miles of game and aquarium items.

? But you CAN do that, just go to the Equip tab in the arranger.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ahhh I'd LOVE to create a tab in the dress-up area ;3;
I'd create some for my "most used" items and a tab for my different collections jkgrvend (like my Zombie item collection"

Magic Hobo

Lazarus Larkin
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

For some reason it always tells me I can't move stuff if I have things sorted by tab at all?

...maybe I've been doing something wrong for the past six years

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Lazarus Larkin
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

For some reason it always tells me I can't move stuff if I have things sorted by tab at all?

I organize my inventory all the time and I always do it from the Avatar tab in the arranger, so yeah, I don't know what your problem is o.O

(I just double-checked the actual name of that tab and it's Avatar, not Equip, but it's the one that shows all the equippable items.)

Magic Hobo

Lazarus Larkin
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Lazarus Larkin
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

I organize my inventory all the time and I always do it from the Avatar tab in the arranger, so yeah, I don't know what your problem is o.O

(I just double-checked the actual name of that tab and it's Avatar, not Equip, but it's the one that shows all the equippable items.)

Ohhhhkay that works yeah
But trying to arrange stuff in the game tab doesn't work
and aquarium and alchemy stuff just kind of ??? disappears into the aether outside of the ALL tab

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
annies boobs

Annies boobs, I am disappointed that your avatar isn't a monkey.

But I digress, custom tabs would come in handy. I don't really fancy the idea of making a mule to keep all my crap that I'm not using somewhere. And I hate digging through my inventory for things, usually when I'm trying to sell them.
It's flawed, but as far as how bad it could be, we're doing ok. It's just inconvenient is what I think I'm trying to say here.
I support the idea for the alchemy, really it would be helpful

Smitten Shapeshifter

7,550 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Truthfully, I would just like to see a better way of organizing our inventories.

I don't think I would use the tabs often, but I can see how it would be useful for a lot of people, so I think it's a good idea.

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I've thought for a long time that being able to customize inventory tabs, especially in the "Customize Me" window would make sense.

If for no other reason that the default settings on a lot of items are not what I would call them, ie. item looks like a shoe to me, so I look for it on the shoes tab, but the admins list it under accessories.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think that custom tabs would be really handy. I'm still used to the ooooooold days, when avatar dress-up was just a list of your inventory, and so still group items together based on outfits. That isn't very useful when they're spread out through 6 different tabs! xp I also have a number of items that I only use for one or two poses, but with a "main" pose in another category. It makes finding the item (especially if I haven't used it in awhile) a pain.

I'm not sure how much this will help the OP suggestion, though. Simply adding additional tabs in the inventory arranger probably isn't what they are looking for. What I usually do is just keep a large unsorted collection of "junk" at the end of my inventory, and move anything that I'd want to use to the "main" part. That way, I just know to ignore what's in each tab after a certain point.

annies boobs
The reason I've been thinking about this is because I've been getting into alchemy lately. I pretty much don't throw anything away anymore because I never know if it's something I'll be able to use. Plus, I've been collecting a lot of repeat items to use in formulas, and many of those are store bought and/or equippable items. Basically, they're cluttering up my inventory and I can't put them into storage because then they won't show up when I view my formulas.

Unless you are planning for the future, there are only a limited number of items that are used in alchemy. Here is one recently new thread in the Alchemy forum that is trying for a listing of every item used in a formula anywhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff