Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Tamer

No, I like the competitiveness of the market and working hard to get what I have. I like being able to see what I've achieved on the site, as it's a symbol of my time and effort. If anyone could just have what I've worked hard for, it eliminates my desire to want to devote time or work in the first place. The game would become boring to me if I could have anything since there would be no challenge.

From the perspective of someone who doesn't want to spend much time on the site or work to earn their gold/items, of course it would seem ideal to make the ownership of items equal across the board. You don't have to worry about your hard work or time going down the drain.

There's more to do on Gaia than obsess over items you want that are worth hundreds of millions of gold. If you can't get over your obsession, try working towards it. If life or other circumstances prevent you, be happy with what you have or ask for charity with up-front honesty. Participate in giveaways. Gaia already distributes free items in contests, events and ads. You get free gold for just posting or playing "Booty Grab" among other things.

This isn't like real life in the U.S. where people are struggling, can't afford housing and are losing their jobs due to crony capitalism/corporatism; you have plenty of equal opportunity and charity here. The market is truly free and users control the economy.
punks44

I actually don't believe in the supply and demand stuff.
People are just greedy , that's all.

It's not greed, it's fairness. If you work hard to get an item, would you sell it for a small amount of gold? And how do you not believe in supply and demand? It's an extremely simple concept. On a side note... This all kind of reminds me of people who complain about MP prices and accuse sellers of being greedy. I mean, isn't that a little hypocritical? The sellers are greedy for selling the item at a high price, but the people complaining are somehow not greedy even though they want the item and demand that prices be dropped?

No , what i meant was , I don't believe in Supply and demand stuff in the real world. Of course on gaia it exists , because we all have an Equal Opportunities on making gold.
GeryKo
i think it is stupid and it is not how things are working.....
Have we runout of good topics for discussions?

Hey i'm sorry okay? It was really bugging me.
Told you it was a thought. -,-
KingKentling
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
You realize that there is a reason that the prices are what they are?
Supply/demand?

what are you 12? lol

Why?
-Priceless Junk-
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Well supply and demand is a real thing as taught in economics class. Economics is a lot about human greed which in this society isn't really considered super bad unless it gets out of hand.
So like communism gaia? biggrin
I'm not sure I like that... but I like the idea of a Gaia-revolution among the poor little free gaians rising up and creating a new Gaian society that is communist. Then the revolutionarys start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff. OR maybe a guild that estabishes a group of communist Gaians together share items and gold that gains popularity and then start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff.
OR BOTH that would be EPIC!

I mean if you think about it we can do something like that. It's a user run economy in some places.

Haha! I like this idea. LOL! But what's a communist?

Generous Lover

11,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Generous 100
Gash Thrashum
No, I like the competitiveness of the market and working hard to get what I have. I like being able to see what I've achieved on the site, as it's a symbol of my time and effort. If anyone could just have what I've worked hard for, it eliminates my desire to want to devote time or work in the first place. The game would become boring to me if I could have anything since there would be no challenge.

From the perspective of someone who doesn't want to spend much time on the site or work to earn their gold/items, of course it would seem ideal to make the ownership of items equal across the board. You don't have to worry about your hard work or time going down the drain.

There's more to do on Gaia than obsess over items you want that are worth hundreds of millions of gold. If you can't get over your obsession, try working towards it. If life or other circumstances prevent you, be happy with what you have or ask for charity with up-front honesty. Participate in giveaways. Gaia already distributes free items in contests, events and ads. You get free gold for just posting or playing "Booty Grab" among other things.

This isn't like real life in the U.S. where people are struggling, can't afford housing and are losing their jobs due to crony capitalism/corporatism; you have plenty of equal opportunity and charity here. The market is truly free and users control the economy.

XD and you have worked really hard I admire your hard work and dedication <3

Destructive Bunny

rofl This idea would kill off Gaia faster than firing all the artists and devs.

Edit: And I do mean ALL of them.

Feral Cutie-Pie

17,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Oh wow are you retarded
Supply = Amount of items that are available
Demand = How much the item is wanted
Twisted Lady
We do control the prices. You can sell any item that isn't soulbound for whatever price you want. There's no one stopping you.

User Image
yup so why would any one low ballon items. I like attempt she's making though. Imagine, 100 of uses band together &' slowly bring the Marketplace back to it's 2005-2008 prices, the most expensive thing was like 10-20mil

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
punks44
-Priceless Junk-
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Well supply and demand is a real thing as taught in economics class. Economics is a lot about human greed which in this society isn't really considered super bad unless it gets out of hand.
I'm not sure I like that... but I like the idea of a Gaia-revolution among the poor little free gaians rising up and creating a new Gaian society that is communist. Then the revolutionarys start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff. OR maybe a guild that estabishes a group of communist Gaians together share items and gold that gains popularity and then start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff.

I mean if you think about it we can do something like that. It's a user run economy in some places.

Remember Communist Russia in history class, the Soviet Union?
It's like that. I was referring to that. Or maybe communist China.
But it's mostly the theory of Communism which is everything belongs to the people instead of rich people and poor people everyone is equal.
Although it doesn't work out in practice.

Collector Cutie-Pie

Although I agree that users influence the price of items a good deal, I don't believe it's not entirely Gaia's fault, items with a teeny tiny chance of appearing create a huge demand for something there isn't much of, and that is something they do on purpose, and it drives up the price. I don't mind the user inflation, but I do mind when items cost 20mil+ just because Gaia won't release many of them. It's just so far removed from what an "average" user can achieve, and comes across as purely a money making scheme (which is important, but I believe they can do that without asking $200+ for a single item).

EDIT: No, I don't want every item to be affordable and the same price, but I do believe there should be a limit, say not more than 10mil (roughly $100) for any single item. It's just outrageous that a virtual bunch of pixels can be worth that much when it's almost always because Gaia organises it that way (not so much referring to the old donation items, I can understand old things becoming valuable over time, but things like lovely lucie are too much for not good reason).

Reindeer

we *do* control the prices
-Priceless Junk-
punks44
-Priceless Junk-
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Remember Communist Russia in history class, the Soviet Union?
It's like that. I was referring to that. Or maybe communist China.
But it's mostly the theory of Communism which is everything belongs to the people instead of rich people and poor people everyone is equal.
Although it doesn't work out in practice.

Why doesn't it work out in practice? The theory seems nice.
Put The Sun Into The Sea
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Oh wow are you retarded
Supply = Amount of items that are available
Demand = How much the item is wanted

Supply = Made by workers of some factory or some company ( i don't know.) And can probably make millions of it.
Demand = The ruling class holds down the supply or hides it so the demand would be high. Meaning , they can control the prices. That's all.
Workers = Gets low salary (Why?) Because apparently , there are more machines than workers.

Gatekeeper

I'm not good at finances or business, so this might not make sense, but here goes: In real life a lot of things are expensive because they're rare resources like diamonds and gold. Even art from a famous dead artist. There's a limited supply because they don't naturally regenerate, thus people are willing to pay a lot of money for these things.

But here, on Gaia, people behind desks determine what is rare, they choose what items people are going to fight over and inflate and lust after. These items are pixels, they can be remade infinitely, so in that regard it seems a little unfair. If they re-release a much sought after item, the price in the MP often goes down, upsetting those who quested but also making those that couldn't afford it before happy to have it cheaper. It just seems so shady to me, having Gaia manipulate the odds of an item like that. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff