Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
punks44
Has it ever occurred to you if we make all the stuff in the marketplace affordable by all gaians?
Like My Coco Kitty here on my head. If everyone who owns it , sells it for just 1 gold?
Would Gaia still be popular? Would people still play this? neutral

(Just a thought. No hating.) biggrin

It'll be no different from showing off tekteks. Sure it's fun and all to dress up, but it's the slight bragging rights of owning expensive items that keep people around.

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Aristocrat
punks44
Has it ever occurred to you if we make all the stuff in the marketplace affordable by all gaians?
Like My Coco Kitty here on my head. If everyone who owns it , sells it for just 1 gold?
Would Gaia still be popular? Would people still play this? neutral

(Just a thought. No hating.) biggrin
The users are the ones controlling the prices. The only problem with that is that people want to become rich. So they are going to sell things higher. If you try to spite them by selling your items lower they just buy them at your low price and relist them for more. I still think the marketplace needs a price ceiling. A max limit on what something can cost.
❝ It does, actually.

It's just a super high number. ❞

lol

Feral Saint

Impossible, people are greedy :'<

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
If you have the money, yes you can control them. The only problem is the maintenance :u

It is considered illegal in Gaia though cos if you attempt to pm the other sellers to raise their prices.
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
You realize that there is a reason that the prices are what they are?
Supply/demand?

I actually don't believe in the supply and demand stuff.
People are just greedy , that's all.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
We have the cash shops for that. Although during Christmas there is a giving of gifts.

Manly Regular

nah it would be just a crap-hole

Manly Regular

punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

what are you 12? lol

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
punks44
Put The Sun Into The Sea
Lol
Supply/demand?

Well supply and demand is a real thing as taught in economics class. Economics is a lot about human greed which in this society isn't really considered super bad unless it gets out of hand.
So like communism gaia? biggrin
I'm not sure I like that... but I like the idea of a Gaia-revolution among the poor little free gaians rising up and creating a new Gaian society that is communist. Then the revolutionarys start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff. OR maybe a guild that estabishes a group of communist Gaians together share items and gold that gains popularity and then start to get all mean and twitchy like most internet things like this usually do and go mad with ego and treachery and the society collapses and stuff.
OR BOTH that would be EPIC!

I mean if you think about it we can do something like that. It's a user run economy in some places.

Manly Regular

-Priceless Junk-
KingKentling

OR Communism Gaia
the russia of the interwebs

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
KingKentling
-Priceless Junk-
KingKentling

OR Communism Gaia
the russia of the interwebs

With all the cat-fights and drama of the internet. Which is to say knowledge that they are almost anonymous.

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
i think it is stupid and it is not how things are working.....
Have we runout of good topics for discussions?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Petite Aristocrat
I still think the marketplace needs a price ceiling. A max limit on what something can cost.

Bleh, no way. A price ceiling would just cause other problems. If the ceiling is too low, more people can afford the item... But due to limited supply, it will be even harder to get. Right now, there's a small supply of the Item, and a small amount of users who can actually afford it. It's balanced out. But force the price to get lower, suddenly you have a large amount of users who can afford it with no increase in supply to balance it. You'd just end up with users going to the exchange and trades to sell items that market would dictate cost more than the price ceiling is.

Anyway. OP, users already do control prices. Just as well, if everyone did agree to sell items for one gold a piece... That just brings up a problem I mentioned with price ceilings. Everyone can afford the item, but only a few people could actually get it. People aren't better off than before. You could argue they're worse off, since there's no reason to work hard for gold. Getting the item becomes a matter of being lucky enough to find one being sold at the right time to swipe it. Just as well, the work you put into getting items is part of the fun for many people. If I only wanted to dress up the dolls, I'd just go on Tektek.

punks44

It's not greed, it's fairness. If you work hard to get an item, would you sell it for a small amount of gold? And how do you not believe in supply and demand? It's an extremely simple concept. On a side note... This all kind of reminds me of people who complain about MP prices and accuse sellers of being greedy. I mean, isn't that a little hypocritical? The sellers are greedy for selling the item at a high price, but the people complaining are somehow not greedy even though they want the item and demand that prices be dropped?

Big Member

Personally, I really don't mind the prices of most items. I feel that it reflects how easy/difficult it is to make gold.
Things were a lot cheaper in the early days of Gaia, but just making 1k, would take over an hour of posting. Where as now, you could play booty grab for a few seconds and make double that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff