Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has it ever occurred to you if we make all the stuff in the marketplace affordable by all gaians?
Like My Coco Kitty here on my head. If everyone who owns it , sells it for just 1 gold?
Would Gaia still be popular? Would people still play this? neutral

(Just a thought. No hating.) biggrin

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Doesn't matter, people would buy up all the cheap ones and inflate them.

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Leothalis v2
I think she means what if all the items were very affordable for everyone, where there is no inflation.

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Hamsterliciousness
Leothalis v2
I think she means what if all the items were very affordable for everyone, where there is no inflation.
People would still manage to do this.

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
punks44
Has it ever occurred to you if we make all the stuff in the marketplace affordable by all gaians?
Like My Coco Kitty here on my head. If everyone who owns it , sells it for just 1 gold?
Would Gaia still be popular? Would people still play this? neutral

(Just a thought. No hating.) biggrin
The users are the ones controlling the prices. The only problem with that is that people want to become rich. So they are going to sell things higher. If you try to spite them by selling your items lower they just buy them at your low price and relist them for more. I still think the marketplace needs a price ceiling. A max limit on what something can cost.

Sweet Witch

The entire site would have to be filled with like-minded users, which just isn't realistically possible. If Gaia had all its items in the gold shops for cheap, then people who enjoy vending and challenge would be less inclined to visit the site, but I imagine those who prefer discussions over items and wealth would still be here, along with those who like the games on Gaia.

If everyone who owns a Coco kitty put them up for 1 gold in the market, I'd be buying them all. And then I'd fill my Gaia home with them. For fun.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

If everything was 1 gold, no point in having gold in the millions. Unless you just felt like collecting and showing off your count.
I don't know. I really don't mind the way it is now, for the most part. I don't like things being super inflated but a lot of the items I buy or sell aren't really that inflated. In fact, they seem to be less than they used to be (like the Devin doll I'm trying to sell, I definitly paid a lot more than it is currently being sold for...by at least 100k or 200k).
If everything was 1g, I think Gaia would lose a lot of the money they get from users who want Gaia cash. Why spend real money for those items when you can just buy them from another user for 1g? Gaia would probably lose a lot of their profit. I'd hate to see what that would do to the site and the people who have jobs with Gaia.

Professional Novice

Well, if every item were pretty much free, it would certainly change the way the site worked. It would be like if they removed the custom avatar system and just let you use whatever image you wanted to for an avatar. Would people stick around? Sure some people would; those who are mostly interested in games and social communication. But, a large part of the user base would surely leave.

Handsome Man-Lover

For this to be possible there would have to be an endless supply of all items and for them to all be cheap (or rather free) to begin with.
If everything were cheap and available for everyone the site wouldn't make any money (with real money invested into the items, it makes it impossible to have them all be cheap).

Unstoppable Krampus

We do control the prices. You can sell any item that isn't soulbound for whatever price you want. There's no one stopping you.

User Image

Apocalyptic Lover

Twisted Lady
We do control the prices. You can sell any item that isn't soulbound for whatever price you want. There's no one stopping you.

User Image

The puppy's right!

But I'm assuming its because while they're all really pixels, people insist all items aren't created equal. Like that stupid blue ocean top. And halos. And since people are spending real money it pixels, it all just goes crazy from there. D:

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
No just no

Tipsy Reindeer

What you're seeing now IS the result of users controlling the prices. As said before, it's the users that make those expensive items cost what they do, not gaia.

Now if all the items were free, or what equates to free... Gaia online would become what is essentially an official gaia-run version of Tektek. And while there'd be some who would still use it, a vast majority of gaia would probably leave. Either because they can't make any profit from selling rare items (because they're all common and worthless) or they no longer have any challenge in obtaining these items and could create anything they want- when you have everything available to you, after a while it gets pretty boring. I don't use tektek for the latter reason. It's boring.

Besides, then gaia wouldn't be able to make any sort of profit and would probably be forced either to require paid membership OR be shut down. Neither would be good for us.

Feral Cutie-Pie

17,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Lol
You realize that there is a reason that the prices are what they are?
Supply/demand?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces