Welcome to Gaia! ::

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

I'd be saaad. I spend most of my online time here. I've spent some real cash on gaia but I wouldn't be upset about that. I like dressing up my avi and owning the items here. lol. so I don't want to see it go crying If gaia really did disappear though I might procrastinate less, or find something else to entertain me.

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Aristocrat
TM did multiple Vocaloid romotions (Not my thing, but impressive, nonetheless), as well as Tokidoki which I thought was amazing. They certainly had an amazing team gathering companies willing to take part in the website.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to invest with TinierMe is probably kicking themselves right now. Meanwhile, for those of us with access to Mecha Neko, its shelves are looking extremely bare now that the Tiger & Bunny promo has ended; Vocaloid, Madoka, Black Butler, Hetalia, and Durarara!! items would sure look nice.

Distinct Explorer

Red October Archangel
Petite Aristocrat
TM did multiple Vocaloid romotions (Not my thing, but impressive, nonetheless), as well as Tokidoki which I thought was amazing. They certainly had an amazing team gathering companies willing to take part in the website.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to invest with TinierMe is probably kicking themselves right now. Meanwhile, for those of us with access to Mecha Neko, its shelves are looking extremely bare now that the Tiger & Bunny promo has ended; Vocaloid, Madoka, Black Butler, Hetalia, and Durarara!! items would sure look nice.
I'd be all for these anime promotions in mecha neko, if and only if there were items for gold, too. we've had what? one sponsor that gave us some gold shop items? And they were starter items, at that

Nerd

Petite Aristocrat
B I B A X T
♫♫ I'd be really upset.Gaia's apart of my life for nine years I've sort of grown up with it and it's always been a place that I've used as a way to relax and just have fun. I've joined other avatar sites but none of them really stuck with me like Gaia has.
I know what you mean. I've tried whuddle world, Tinierme, Miss Bimbo, Poupee Girl, My Queen, Menewsha, Rolaina, Zantarni, Bunny Kingdom, IMVU, etc... I've tried them all!... None of them were right for me (Some of those don't even exist anymore). Gaia online is the only one I feel comfortable in (Well, I sometimes don't feel comfortable here either... but usually I do).
♫♫ I haven't heard bunny kingdom in a while! But yeah it seems that Gaia has a niche for everyone and overall it's a pretty well rounded site I couldn't imagine it not being around to be honest.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

That actually sucks that Tinierme is gone now. emotion_8c I almost about to join it too, but I just don't like the fact that I would get email messages from Facebook or something like that.

I sometimes tend to think of what would actually happen to Gaia too. I mean, this is the only website that I like to enjoy with my friends in guilds and playing the games. So if it DOES shut down, then my friends and I would feel devastated since we don't know ay "forum" related sites that could handle our type of roleplaying, let alone to be a private guild. After all, we actually did migrated from Neopets and boy you should of seen so many head turns by all of it's limits.

-~--~-

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

I have spent so much money on this site. So. Much. Money. gonk

User Image
I think a lot of users will have a moment of thought of 'What do I do now?'. Then they quickly find another website they can spend all their money on. emotion_yatta

Kawaii Lunatic

It happened to Luna Online - my beloved MMO. They suddenly decided to terminate its service. It was a game I invested real money in (cash shop FTW) and I was quite saddened by the news. So I went and looked for another MMO to play.

If Gaia shut down just like that I'd probably try to find another forum. Most likely not another avatar forum though since they can't compare to Gaia.
Either that or I'd start playing MMOs more.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I'd be greatly saddened if Gaia was gone. I mean I had great memories of this place (was even introduced here by both my first ex boyfriend and a good friend from high school) and I have spent a crapton of money on this site, I'd miss a whole lot of memories of the site, as well as their NPC designs. There might be another site I'd go to fill that empty void, but it just wouldn't be the same. I've tried other avatar sites, but they pale in comparison to gaia.

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
codemonkey37179
Sorry guys, I can't hear you over the endless future of fun we are planning.
emotion_hug

Lucidly
Well, that's pretty shocking. I have an account there, but it's pretty much abandoned. I liked the pretty anime sponsorship items though. I think they had a lot more official ones than Gaia ever did.

If Gaia went away, of course I'd be upset. All the time and effort I put in would be wasted. Almost a decade! It'd probably feel like my life just ended. I never bought GC though, so it's not a concern.
Lucid! heart I didn't know you had an account there, too! whee I spent money on both sites, but I prefer supporting Gaia much more. sad

a Foure
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
Gaia should quickly go hire the tinierme item staff.
gaia_star
I believe TM only had graphic artists and no item artists because all the items were already made at their Japanese counterpart, @games, which is still up and running.

I wonder if TM had to pay the Japanese artists the same amount as @games did. I mean, $3.50 for a gacha spin/random item (TM items don't have extra poses) is ridiculous. classified_fu Maybe @games' target audience is adults, but TM was mostly made up of teenagers so the price hike was just dumb. (Unless they raised the price in conjunction to deciding to close, which then is just a big FU to its users.) But I don't understand how TM couldn't maintain the site when basically all they had to do was transfer all the information/coding from @games and translate everything into English. sweatdrop

As for sponsorship items, the collaborations all started at @games too and were brought over to TM later, so all TM had to do was sort out the legal stuff, I suppose. The only sponsors specific to TM were from famous anime people, like Mari Watanabe, Alodia, etc.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'd be sad, not because I spent cash here (I never regret spending cash on anything I like) but because it's become a part of my life.

Familiar Fatcat

I think I'd have an internal panic moment / confusion. Because, even though I haven't spent much time here on Gaia (3 years?), I absolutely adore the Barton Town thread and it's role-plays, and even though I know that my contribution in writing there isn't all that much weight in real life, I actually enjoy writing end of story, and any type of work lost is something that's monumental for me. I would miss reading other people's writing styles, and I would miss the different genres that I couldn't come up with. Going onto Barton Town actually helped my writing a bit - made it less complicated and more simple, gave it a bit of flow.

Along with the buddies I made on here, it would be an even larger loss. I don't think I'd know what to do. I spend most of my time on the Internet on Gaiaonline.

But I think my mom would be happy to see me off the computer for a while. lol As much as I dislike it.

And if Gaiaonline was planning to shut down in a month, I think there'd be bans everywhere. xD Just...all sorts of madness.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
badtzmaru

Lucidly
Well, that's pretty shocking. I have an account there, but it's pretty much abandoned. I liked the pretty anime sponsorship items though. I think they had a lot more official ones than Gaia ever did.

If Gaia went away, of course I'd be upset. All the time and effort I put in would be wasted. Almost a decade! It'd probably feel like my life just ended. I never bought GC though, so it's not a concern.
Lucid! heart I didn't know you had an account there, too! whee I spent money on both sites, but I prefer supporting Gaia much more. sad

I have accounts in a lot of places. Just some are more abandoned than others. xD

With all the loyal users here, I think Gaia will stay afloat longer than some other websites. I can't imagine Gaia announcing a shut down and users not trying to make an effort to stop it.

Shy Gaian

GET YOUR

I tried to play tinierme, but never really got into it.
But that sucks though, I feels for those users.

If it happened to Gaia, I wouldn't know what to do with myself anymore. I'd probably be a pintrest junkie. I've spent money on this site, but I've never spent too much though. I've maybe spent just over 40$ total.
Don't die Gaia, don't Dieeee. emotion_8c
EDIT:
It's closing today, Just looked it up on Facebook
Got my dates mixed up, it's too early. Their giving them only a month left. That really blows.
I'd die if Gaia did this.

CRAYON
not surprised. tinierme was always treated as a money ploy. enough people must have gotten tired of their bs.

I doubt gaia would be such douches about it. But if they were yeah I'd be pretty shocked.
Definitely would like to hear what some of the staffers would have to say about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff