Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just adding more free gold to the system to be ironic.

Irony option! 1 100.0% [ 143 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Beloved Raider

7,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I personally determine wealth on Gaia through the number of rarer items an individual has since gold has little value anymore. An individual can spend $5 on GC and end up with lots of treasure which is declining in value as more gold floods the system. Whoever holds onto the items can determine their worth as ridiculous prices enter the marketplace.

A good example would be the birthstone items. The September Birthstone Cape is LBP: 690,000,000 whereas the first of the series (January Birthstone Cape) is LBP: 4,500,000. They both sold for the same amount of GC and were likely hoarded in the same amounts, just their worth was determined by someone else.

So in short, items > treasure/gaia cash. The latter two are becoming something of a joke on this site.

Tiny Inquisitor

Being rich now consists mostly of being able to buy the items you want out of the cash shop. With cash.

Cash is king.

Phantom

Probably actually having an expensive item that is not given out via RIGs like one of those trophies or medals.

Aged Noob

16,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Having either a custom SDplus doll, or a golden ticket. Or a really nice collection of highest quality art of your gaian self. Or like, being able to use angelic halo's as an exchange currency.

Some say, "when you have all that you want on gaia." But I'm nowhere near "gaia rich" but i'm happy with what i have and don't feel like i need any high end stuff.

Fluffy Trickster

People with a lot of real life cash to use in Gaia...
Like the real world, if you have real money on Gaia, you can get practically anything.

Wealthy Tycoon

7,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
money does not matter anymore in Gaia...

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

As much as I don't like the feeling of not being able to get everything I want from new releases with gold, I have enough to pick up something I truly want when I want it/feel the price is worth it. However, that happens rarely since most of my gold is being held up by hoping people will sell me the fish I need for wings. xD

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
For me, there are three kinds of people in Gaia:
1) The very poor
2) The poor
3) The very rich

Golden Girl

I recently sold an item for 400m so i thought lets start a search for a good pair of backwings maybe i can find myself something nice! And i almost fell over when i saw the price they ask for it on the bottom

Market place link: Click

This proves to me that people see being rich as some kind of a status while i think that money doesnt make a person
I think i can forget about having a pair of backwings for now 4laugh

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Stella Rosaline
I recently sold an item for 400m so i thought lets start a search for a good pair of backwings maybe i can find myself something nice! And i almost fell over when i saw the price they ask for it on the bottom

Market place link: Click

This proves to me that people see being rich as some kind of a status while i think that money doesnt make a person
I think i can forget about having a pair of backwings for now 4laugh

O_O

Yeah... I'd have to sell every item I own to be able to afford those, that is insane. o_o

Gracious Trader

Yen Quest
But one could apply the same notion (hoarding) with any other 03/04 items that has yet to be re-released.

All of the '03s (and all of the '04s that anyone actually cares about) have been rereleased at this point.

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
TrulyCapricious
Yen Quest
But one could apply the same notion (hoarding) with any other 03/04 items that has yet to be re-released.

All of the '03s (and all of the '04s that anyone actually cares about) have been rereleased at this point.

Speaking of nostalgia, I haven't seen that sig image in ages. XD

Gracious Trader

WWETakerGirl
TrulyCapricious
Yen Quest

Speaking of nostalgia, I haven't seen that sig image in ages. XD
emotion_yatta emotion_bigheart

I should probably update it but I've had it since right after the Grunny came out so it'd feel weird to use something else. ^^'

Winner

Too subjective.
Every time I add another billion under my name, I think of people with 100b+ accounts, and haha, I'm a noob. :3
I earn 1b/day. They earn 10b/day. They buy 10b/minute because they use Cash.
There's always a sliding scale.

I'll feel rich if I can find a few more really good RP partners.
Even being the materialistic person I am, I'm not kidding on that. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces