Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good evening. As I was lazing about like some kind of hot sloth, I started thinking about what items could be made of. The most blatant answer is pixels, artist labor, and the cash of good consumers- but really, what fun is that?

Where do all these feathers come from to make these giant wings? Chickens? An angelic race who is eventually going to seek vengeance? Are they held together with glue or wax?

Are wig type items made of synthetic hair or real human hair? Are eyes similar to contacts or is one really going to get eye surgery on every whim?

Are we plucking the horns off of real demons or are they plastic and just for show?

Is the fur faux? Itchy? Soft? Greasy? Are we killing off small woodland animals so the Paws have something to wear?

What goes into weaving supposedly mystic cloth? Is it softer than cotton? Softer than dolphin tears?

How much of a gold piece is actual gold? How much is chocolate wrapped in foil?

Is an inventory like an absurd Mary Poppins bag or some kind of portable closet? Does it have some sort of anti-gravity mechanism to help out those people struggling with inventories over 5 pages? Would you have the Kronk-like strength needed to carry an inventory or would you strip down to peasant garb to save your rippling muscles the trouble?

What about a recolor? Is the process like taking old unsold merchandise and dipping it in a fresh coat of paint? A vat of dye?

I also envision Diedrich to feel like a cross between a small, fuzzy animal and one of those lurid orange circus peanuts. What do you think the animals feel like? Are they real animals or some kind of disturbing lab experiment from hell that you don't want to look in the eyes?

gaia_spoons The cutlery is infinite as we have a vast assortment of items to speculate on, I've just given you a head start.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
My wings are made from the discarded feathers of a pegasus. I'm guessing a lot of stuff is made of cotton.

As for the animals, they have these rainbow forests whereanimals exist in all the colors of the rainbow plus the colors that aren't in a rainbow and they have to abduct them when the put them in the chance items. Which is why they are so rare, it's harder to abduct a few until they get a breeding program started.

Demonic Lover

My Vivi's a succubus :C her wings, horns and tail are a part of her, they aren't made uo u they are part of her. The rest of her clothing? a lot of 100% Cotton and dear lord whatever see-through stuff is, I don't know how I've gotten my hands on so much of the material lately XDDD <3

I like to picture a lot of the big wings and stuff as cosmetic magic C: the same kind of spell my Vivi unwittingly uses for her hair to be ombre XD

Wild Glitch

29,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Magical Gems 500
^^ well my sweater is made of cotton, the bell is the usual bell on a thin ribbon made of silk (super soft!~), and the earring is bronze and gold mix. Pretty simple outfit.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
Al's wings are his own. (See that shiny, feathery ninja-thing in my sig picture? Yeah. xd Winged Peacebringer.)

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I like to think that Hestia's wings (both types) are her own. Also, that the glowing halo and pendant have some sort of magical properties that cause them to do so. ... Thinking otherwise, that they are just LED lights, plastic, and glued on feathers somehow attached to Hestia, is depressing to me. It takes away from the fantasy and escapism that your avatar brings.

... I guess all items considered to be "normal" and "everyday" would be cotton or metal based. 3nodding

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Blood. xD

Oh, and tears.

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hmm, interesting. Thinking about it, I'd have to say that the most plentiful source of resources to make items with would probably have been the Animated (from zOMG!). I'm pretty sure they spawned from nothing (magic? The interdimensional rift people keep coming through? Fish droppings?) and serve to provide a lot of raw materials (fluffs = cotton?). The real question is where the food comes from. If Gaia were a real place, Rina would probably be the richest member of society, since she has the majority of the food in the world.
I will have to ask that costume shop downtown to find out. Maybe it's polyester and nylon with a bit of Manila hemp. Idk

Sugary Heart

Oh, you mustn't forget arm mods. Are they just our arms in special sleeves? Or are they some sort of ball joint doll arrangement where they pop off and pop back on whenever we please? Then there are leg mods, some of which make our legs too tiny to be our actual legs. Maybe there's a portal where you stick your legs in? Does that mean there's a dimension of portals with legs sticking out of them?

Hardcore Muse

My clothes are made only from the finest tears of all those poor souls whose dreams I crushed.
emotion_c8

I actually never thought in great length what anything was made from aside from it all being just pixels but I like the way you think. Lay on this slab so I may extract pick at your brain.
ninja
NuL
Blood. xD

Oh, and tears.

This answer sustains me through the long night.
Reed Meroe

A post-apocalyptic Gaia where Rina is basically a malevolent king who has all the food locked away.

I can dig it.

Summery Man-Lover

I have no idea what you're talking about, Oz is an actual dread lord from the shores of Insanity. I definitely didn't dye his skin grey.

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Whipping Haus
Reed Meroe

A post-apocalyptic Gaia where Rina is basically a malevolent king who has all the food locked away.

I can dig it.

Heh, sounds rather interesting. (Except she'd be a queen. Yes, a queen, not a king. They're gendered titles. Dumb Gaia...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff