Welcome to Gaia! ::

Money, of course why else, its annoying looking haha.
Its good for shops but for discussion....nope.

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
Honestly if I can't use it to promote my already established shop than what purpose does it serve me? None. I think its an alright feature for certain things, but kind of useless for everything else. Like I said, if I can't use it on pre-existing threads like shops, than 100CG is just a waste to me.

Invisible Player

I-Iearts
Honestly if I can't use it to promote my already established shop than what purpose does it serve me? None. I think its an alright feature for certain things, but kind of useless for everything else. Like I said, if I can't use it on pre-existing threads like shops, than 100CG is just a waste to me.

They said they were working on grandfathering threads into it.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
No it bothers my eyes.
It cuts and disrupts my line of vision. I hope they have a setting that allows you to ignore it.
If not then I might get used to it but I doubt it.

Although I don't like it, it's not like I wish it didn't exist. Maybe they should have more variety, that is fun! As long as I can choose not to see it of course.

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
A Redhead Angel
I-Iearts

They said they were working on grandfathering threads into it.

Well that's good at least. :/ Wouldn't mind getting my shop more love. Then again I wish I had CG. Haven't spent any rl cash on gaia for years. razz

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
well gaia staff have bills to pay.. and this would generate a small income so... meh

besides im into business and all they know is change so sometimes its good or sometimes its bad... cat_confused

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
Reminds me too much of promoting FB posts tbh.

And since I dislike that feature there... yeah.
Just makes it easier to ignore posts I guess.

Tiny Alchemist

I didn't ask to be advertised to, especially not with these gaudy banners. I clicked on one, thinking they had brought the traditional idea of pink links back, but with no such luck. I'm so glad I can turn them off with adblock. Maybe if they gave them a flat background color or bolded them instead of making it a huge ugly banner, I'd be okay with it.

Aged Gaian

A sign that Gaia is doing their best to milk as much money as possible.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

The problem is that, what would happen if a person would make a misplace thread or a thread that they don't want anymore and yet they already paid the FULL fee of GC?

-~-â—†-~-

Beloved Nerd

Existential Existence
Let the scourge begin. At least its 100GC LOL

There's an option for 50gc (the red bar)
Not sure why that's any cheaper..Guess cause it's not as pretty?

Ruthless Prophet

11,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Millionaire 200
It hurts my eyes and clashes horribly with the other non promoted posts.
ech.
do not like this.

In a relationship with PoshuI

I will continue to look at whatever thread I wish regardless of the color of its background, so this feature is pointless for me. I also think it looks ugly to see the forum thread listings broken up in places with those banners. However, I see more work for mods as assholes use the function to get attention to their obnoxious s**t.

Gaia is apparently hemorrhaging money enough to lay off a ton of people yet THIS is somehow worth their time and resources. Ok... neutral

Original Survivor

Eh, I think it's ok, not many options, probably just want to see how its going to take off. So far its not looking good based on what I've read. Prices are a bit high, when I read the Staff Notice saying 'little' bit of Cash I was thinking 10-20GC.

If they were more customizable I can see me using them, like only Gaia related things to add in the post title. I'd probably only use it for my Alchemy Threads though because those seem to be the most popular things I've contributed to this site.

Oh, I hope they add the option to add to already existing threads.. Seems rather lame that you can't even do that.

Ruthless Codger

User Image

It looks like Gaia saw what Facebook did and got dollar signs in their eyes.

I just adblocked everything having to do with it.
I'm not going to support paying them a dollar to feel like some posts are more important than others.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff