Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Sex Symbol

5,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Do you see it as another way gaia is trying to make money or a cool new experience i just want to know what you guys think.
rofl

I like it i mean sometimes i get stuck with a 100 g cash and its a nice way to liven things up especially if you have a popular thread. sweatdrop

Sparkly Conversationalist

I think that some users will enjoy the extra colors, but I really like the look of the forums as they are now, and I just really hope that PMP doesn't detract from the threads that didn't spend GC.

Potentially, it could be a good way for Gaia to make some more money, but I don't see it being very popular after the first wave of the exciting new feature.

Lunatic

I don't see it being of any use to me.

Liquid Liner's Compadre

Monster Dabbler

I more see it being of use to longer lasting threads like charity,art shops,quest and contest threads maybe booty grab threads but im open to the idea of it idea

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

So you spent a little GCash to make your thread look a little prettier. Big deal!

I'm not gonna be using it anytime soon. Rather hold onto my cash in case I get more.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

I wont know until I see it in action. My only thing is if its not for a specific post shouldn't it be "promote my thread" ?

Wealthy Sex Symbol

5,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Monochrome Spring
I think that some users will enjoy the extra colors, but I really like the look of the forums as they are now, and I just really hope that PMP doesn't detract from the threads that didn't spend GC.

Potentially, it could be a good way for Gaia to make some more money, but I don't see it being very popular after the first wave of the exciting new feature.

@Monochrome Spring: Thats what i was afraid of , of the tool not being of any use i mean a thread i think is valued on what is inside not on the outside or that it shines or something.

i mean it shoulds chelsea but its true, you know what i'm talking about?

@Deliacroix : exactly ! see! of no use to you

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Let the scourge begin. At least its 100GC LOL

Wealthy Sex Symbol

5,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Also when you already made a thread i don't like that there isn't an option to make it in to a fancy thread ! what's up with that?

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nope. emotion_donotwant
So much nope.
~King Awesome

Loiterer

User ImageUnless it changed within the last 10 minutes or so, you can only PMP on thread creation. You can't edit an already created thread and promote it later. I feel like this was a mistake on Gaia's part. I highly doubt people are going to recreate their large threads to use PMP.

Also, I still have questions about PMP, and it seems like they're not answered anywhere.

- How long does it last? Is it permanent?
- Does it keep threads on the first page (so you don't have to bump them anymore)?
- Will there ever be more than 3 colors?
- Can you ever un-promote your post at will?

Also I feel like 100GC is a little steep. Unless it's permanent, I suppose. But then you run into a bunch of inactive PMP threads stuck on the first page for however long.

I just don't think this was thought through completely on Gaia's side.

(edit: At current, someone has used PMP in the chatterbox if you'd like to see it in action)

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Steamyboi
Also when you already made a thread i don't like that there isn't an option to make it in to a fancy thread ! what's up with that?

This.
It wouldn't be so bad if old topics could be promoted. emo
~King Awesome

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
This ... is ... Useless to me. I can make my own banners and ect...
and just bump a thread is enough for me.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

5,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bornes
User ImageUnless it changed within the last 10 minutes or so, you can only PMP on thread creation. You can't edit an already created thread and promote it later. I feel like this was a mistake on Gaia's part. I highly doubt people are going to recreate their large threads to use PMP.

Also, I still have questions about PMP, and it seems like they're not answered anywhere.

- Does it keep thread son the first page (so you don't have to bump them anymore)?

Also I feel like 100GC is a little steep. Unless it's permanent, I suppose. But then you run into a bunch of inactive PMP threads stuck on the first page for however long.

i agree with you also it would be nice if we could upload some images ourselves to truly get the " custom look"

Then i think it would be worth 100 GC and also i think there should be an option of a gold exchange rather than only GC

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Bornes

- Does it keep thread son the first page (so you don't have to bump them anymore)?

Posts with PMP don't get stuck on the first page so don't worry 'bout that ;D They're just like regular threads, except you get some different coloring for yours so it sticks out like a sore thumb and people will look at it.

100gc is a good price I think. It makes people stop and really consider if they really want to use GC on a shiny thread decoration and not just do it for kicks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff