Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
probs a short topic but im in the mood for some discussion...

So we all probably know to textbook/wiki definition of a SDPlus doll:
Quote:
SD-Plus: Gaia Character Collection or SD+ for short, is a series of small dolls released from Chance Items at random. The title of SD stands for Super Deformed. The addition of "Plus" is currently unknown.

Although, I'm talking about what they are, in the world of Gaia.

Like are they little action figures or dolls that our avatars like to carry around? Or are they just tinnier versions of who they're based off of? Or are they people with their minds of their own? Or are they like the little people in that one Adventure Time episode , where the dolls are little people in a AU, but we have the ability control their lives in some way.

So GCD..
What do you think they are?

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
shipping accessories of course

I've always thought of them as dolls for my doll, and that they function like action figures in the 'real world', as status symbols that aren't really touched but may come with an additional accessory that is more commonly used.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Snow Danger

i actually thought of you while making this topic

Demonic Lover

They are super deformed dolls that can either be extremely cute or just plain ugly, I don't know I never tought so much about it XD and I have one of the biggest collections of them lol
Plus means it takes an inordinately large sum of gold to afford one those suckas.

Invisible Spark

I just like to think of them as just dolls for our avatars to carry around...
On the other hand maybe they're much like those character thingy's from shugo chara ... Since some how magically the characters do gain some kind of accessory.

Wheezing Raider

Ooh, I like the idea of them being tiny-little-alive clone armies of their full size counterparts. They carry out secret missions when we aren't looking and will someday wrest control from the full-size Gaian Overlords. And sometimes they share their eyes to make me look cute.

It's much more interesting than just being dolls. Much more.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Braev Dullahan
Snow Danger

i actually thought of you while making this topic

emotion_dowant

it makes up for not being able to own a lot of doll stuff IRL because my cat would just ... wreck everything.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
I think the Plus could be for the extra item pose you get with them?

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SuccuViv

You might actually have another world within Inventory ninja

-FoolishBox-

I'm trying to envision that magical transformations that happen in Shugo Chara.
every one is a magical girl

Snow Danger

All the body parts..
emotion_0A0

But who's to say animal companions would't wreck havoc on doll collections emotion_awesome

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Braev Dullahan

All the body parts..
emotion_0A0

But who's to say animal companions would't wreck havoc on doll collections emotion_awesome

/looks over collection of cat/dog companions/ o-oh s**t

funnily enough I've made an avatar based on this idea rofl
I didn't save it, but Fluff n' Stuff has a rough housing pose that fits in with some animal companion poses to make it look like they've done it. Add a shocked/angry face mod, and you have an average day in my house emotion_awesome

Slumbering Tengu

This reminds me of an avatar I made once

"Watch out Cresento and Fredrika here comes Mr. T-Rex! >:.D"
User Image

I haven't really given it much thought but I think I generally think of them as dolls whenever I use them
Gosh and if you think the dolls are a strange concept what about the full body companions?
Are they just really big life-sized dolls?

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200
From Reapersun's journal shortly after the initial few rounds of dolls were shifted from being [NPC/Staff Member Name] Doll over to SDPlus. From May 3rd 2009.

reapersun
Introducing: SD-Plus: Gaia Character Collection!
So I've got some potentially exciting news for you guys; as of today, the dolls we've been releasing as rare items in the RIGs are officially a series! You can call it SD+ for short smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Here is a comic which perfectly explains the situation!

User Image

Well, actually... it doesn't really "explain" so much as... not. But hey, it's sort of fun to look at right?

A big reason for this is that I, as many of you may know, am very into figures, series, and collections, and have always been pushing for something similar in Gaia items. The dolls were actually kind of a fluke; originally I only made them of the genies because I wanted to make something special for those, at the time, merely one-shot characters. It just kind of took off from there!

Anyway, not to be long winded, but all this means for you guys is that their names and descriptions are all going to be tagged appropriately, so don't be confused when your dolls' texts change a little. It also means you might see a few more of the little dudes start to pop up, as well as rereleases!

I know not everyone reads my journal, so if you see anyone in the forums confused about these changes, please pass on this info for me. Thanks guys!

Update: The database is wanked as usual so some of the names will be off until it starts to work again smilies/icon_razz.gif That's the price of doing this stuff on off hours I guess @w@
Questing:

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I think of the SDPlus dolls as Nedoroids in the Gaia world.

(I hope to collect more Nendos, I only have two in real life.)

Invisible Spark

Braev Dullahan

I'm trying to envision that magical transformations that happen in Shugo Chara.
every one is a magical girl

emotion_drool Well I know it'd have plenty of vibrant colours and sparkles. I guess for some of the SDplus it'd be hard to imagine those kinds of transformations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff