Welcome to Gaia! ::

Snowy is feeling moody tonight. Upon returning, I have stumbled upon some things that I didn't want to see. Saw some people being terribly cruel to my sister. On another account, I saw some people posting mean things about a friend of mine. Things like this make Snowy sad and angry at the same time. sad

People say all the time that they don't take the Internet seriously, and that hey, who cares what a bunch of nameless, faceless people say about you. But you know what? IT DOES HURT. In fact, it hurts even worse when people online are mean to you because it means that you're being hated by someone who DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU. I don't understand the hatred that some people around these parts seem to harbour for one another. GCD, screw the "spoons" crap. I just need to ask you straight up-

Why do people on the site attack each other without reason? Why do people feel that they can hide behind that little avatar and throw out unnecessary insults at people who haven't done s**t to them? What can we do to make our beloved Gaia a friendlier place?

Answer me these things. I'm very disappointed, GCD. sad
i get really hurt when people say bad things about me over the internet...
idk why
i just makes me feel like trash
cry cry
User Image

Because they're low down, weak minded people who have nothing better to do than to make someone feel like s**t. confused

I'm very annoyed/upset at this too... Poppie is a wonderful person and doesn't deserve this at all. It sickens me. It really does. D:

User Image

All I can really say is the whole, "lol i don't care about the internet" is pretty much a blatant lie in my eyes, an apathetic cover to play things off. People who spend hours online saying that? roofffll. I think the people who don't really care are the ones who don't feel they need to throw it out every single argument or debate they get into.
*huggles all around* ♥

I know what both of you mean. I actually quit Gaia at one point due to bullying. I came back for love of the site, but it breaks my heart to see some of the cruel things that people will say about one another. </3

Poppie is my big sister. I gotta stick up for her no matter what. ♥
shubby
i get really hurt when people say bad things about me over the internet...
idk why
i just makes me feel like trash
cry cry
Well, I think you seem nice. And I like your avvie. To hell with anyone who picks on you; they're obviously just jealous of how cool you are smile .

And Vivid, you are prolly right on the money there. Snowy acts like she doesn't care, but the truth is, she cares deeply. All of us want to be liked, yes?
If you are hurt by someone on the internet who is most likely a geeky loser with no life, then you really are pathetic.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
loserella
User Image

Because they're low down, weak minded people who have nothing better to do than to make someone feel like s**t. confused

I'm very annoyed/upset at this too... Poppie is a wonderful person and doesn't deserve this at all. It sickens me. It really does. D:

User Image

Scout Taromaki2
If you are hurt by someone on the internet who is most likely a geeky loser with no life, then you really are pathetic.
Because EVERYONE on the Internet who's mean is a geeky loser. rolleyes

Glad you have a thicker skin than I do. Hope you enjoy the enmity of all the "geeky losers".

Angelic Marshmallow

User ImageA dragon dreams...

People can be cruel, I think it makes them feel bigger and better if they make someone cry. stare

...of what she might be...User Image

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Trolls and such deserve every name they're called.

I don't really like it when innocent people are bullied online, but it's the same as in real life. Their opinion shouldn't matter, and you shouldn't be hurt by it.

Doesn't make it right, though.
Sometimes I don't like people because I don't like their personality. Then they try to reason by saying, "Hey, you don't know me. You don't know how I'm like in real life." But I don't care. How you act online is how you are representing yourself as a person. And if I don't like it, then I don't like that person. Likes and dislikes are mutual everywhere, I don't see how it's different online just because you're talking with "strangers." You're still dealing with real people here. Real emotions happen, and they are not always happy.

Besides, it's time to grow some thicker skin and ignore the losers who won't take the time to understand you. Instead, focus on the more important people in your life, your friends. Because they deserve as much attention as the "haters" out there, maybe even more.
Demonic Sno Cone
Scout Taromaki2
Because EVERYONE on the Internet who's mean is a geeky loser. rolleyes

Glad you have a thicker skin than I do. Hope you enjoy the enmity of all the "geeky losers".
lol Ohhhhh Irrrrroooonnnyyyy!

Notice I didn't say everyone and also notice you are attempting at hurting my feelings. Hypocrisy ain't fun gurl.
TurtleJen

People can be cruel, I think it makes them feel bigger and better if they make someone cry. stare
This is likely true. All the same, aren't there ways of making themselves feel better without trying to damage someone else's sense of self-worth? I dunno; Snowy is just too much of an idealist.
If you let yourself get hurt that easily then uh... kinda your fault. The rest of us can learn to take a joke or laugh off some insults and remember that the internet isn't serious business, it's a bunch of words on a screen. Come on to have a laugh, and if you aren't having a laugh, get off. 'Tis as simple as that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff