Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
xx I met my fate xx
Ravenwood Manor is vaguely related to the Ciel/Rosamund story and I think that's kinda awesome.

Care to elaborate on this? emotion_kirakira

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Madolce Puella
xx I met my fate xx
Ravenwood Manor is vaguely related to the Ciel/Rosamund story and I think that's kinda awesome.

Sure! The mysterious Mephisto, the villain in the ciel/rosamund stories is also the villain from ravenwood Manor. He's also the villain in the Dark Heart REI!

Hardcore Muse

User Image
Prince reference. XD

User Image
Beatles reference

These are the only ones I really know off the top of my head but I know there's another nod at the Beatles with an item, I just can't remember what the item was.

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
xx I met my fate xx
Madolce Puella
xx I met my fate xx

Sure! The mysterious Mephisto, the villain in the ciel/rosamund stories is also the villain from ravenwood Manor. He's also the villain in the Dark Heart REI!

My mind is blown in so many levels it's not even funny

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
xx I met my fate xx
The galactic Matriarch item is a nod to the asari of Mass Effect. <3 it makes me happy.
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

That makes more sense than what I thought it was referencing. I thought it was referencing the alien lady from Fifth Element. sweatdrop

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I think that SBX is actually based on Captain Eo, but Gaia decided to ship it and Starbabies since, well, rainbows and the 80's.
Blog on the return of Captain Eo to Disneyland w/video

Fvr
Feeling rather blonde this evening... After years and years on Gaia and years of SBX being out, I literally just realized after searching for Starbabies that SBX is based on them. Now I know it's as simple as reading the gosh darn description, but come on who does that anymore?!

My question to you, GCD - my old friend, have you ever discovered items were connected (with the site or pop culture references) after using and loving said item(s) for a while? Any other interesting surprised from Gaia worth mentioning?

Maybe I should just pay more attention... stressed

Big Member

Head Up Your Astronaut
it took me years to realize the chyaku norisu ninja scarf was based on chuck norris confused

Same here. I was like ????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces