Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I've clicked on my Gaia bookmark several times today. I've checked guilds, browsed the forums.... nothing seems to interest me.

No events are going on, my contest is in the grueling process of raising gold, and nobody seems to be chatting about anything I care about in the guilds. That new revolution rigthing came out yesterday--buuuuuut, I looked over those items already and am no longer interested.

The truth is: I'm bored.

Do you ever have this feeling, GCD?
What do you do to combat it?
What can I do to fight off the boredom before the next event?

Angelic Nitemare

When i get bored, I open another tab and either make an update to my blog, torment peeps on FB, or go do other things. Usually the last one. Like today, I was watching Aquabats with my sick kid.

Hallowed Prophet

If gaia bores me to tears and I'm tired of grinding for gold/lurking, I take a break for a few days. There's always something new at that point. If there isn't, well, I end up taking a mini-hiatus.

Since I tend to poke around in a lot of places, I don't tend to get bored easily.

Questionable Mage

When I'm bored on Gaia, I go to other sites, or actually get some work done... sweatdrop

I suppose wandering through unfamiliar forums can be interesting.
I find myself in your position a great deal.

I remedy it by farming a bit of gold on zOMG, maybe playing slots for a bit and generally look for misplaced threads to report.

I can't really suggest too much when it comes to being restless on Gaia. I think what you need is a good circle of hardcore Gaians to PM and chat with in various forums. I'm a ronery guy these days, so it's hard for me to find new people to chill with since most of my old Gaian friends aren't logging in as often as I do.

Why not try finding a thread which is discussing something you could really waffle on about for hours??

Perfect Hunter

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I just browse the marketplace to see if there's anything I can buy. Or just constantly refresh the GCD to see if anyone has made a new topic.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Erinnerung
or actually get some work done... sweatdrop

true fax.

Though if it gets to this point I like to hide my laptop and chase my cat around the house while he's in the process of stealing my underwear.

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I have multiple tabs open in multiple browsers at all times. So when there's a lull, I occupy myself with other things.
Photoshop, my blog, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, doll forums... I try to keep my self preoccupied with a bit of everything.
Lulls happen a lot here, too. But when I'm in the mood for Gaia, I'll end up trying out something new on here.
I've been checking out new forums lately. It's been fun participating in different types of discussions.

O.G. Vampire

When I get bored with one site I wander over to another. I eventually catch interest again and come back. smile

Shameless Hoarder

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've actually just got over being bored with Gaia. Sometimes it just happens with me. Usually something starts interesting me irl and then I come on here to talk about it with other users. I've been more active the past 2 months than I was all summer really. For me, I was able to talk about the new Harvest game with others that got me over that boredom of this place.

If you're bored, try going to a different forum you normally don't visit at all. If you stick to the same places, topics, I think, can get very predictable especially when there isn't much going on the site especially in the GCD when the new RIG and MCs come out. Those are topics that always happen. xD

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Start watching the K-drama Unexpected You on dramafever cool

It will entertain you for WEEKS! It was #1 in South Korea when it aired too. It's a family comedy drama

That's where I've been lately while online.

Formal Elocutionist

im sure the reason you're bored is because secretly Gaia is working on something big.

for srs though... i hope the Cross Stitch update is soon.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Slick Southpaw
Erinnerung
or actually get some work done... sweatdrop

true fax.

Though if it gets to this point I like to hide my laptop and chase my cat around the house while he's in the process of stealing my underwear.
I'm trying to avoid studying mostly here. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces