Welcome to Gaia! ::

The mods and especially the helpers, bust their asses to keep this forum clean. They work for hours, putting their friends and shops aside to help you all. If they just stopped right now there would be a 75% increase in spam flooding.

Who are you critisizing here? because im sure it is hurting someone's feelings.

The way you make it out to be, you make it look like the mods/helper's fault. If you want to help why not tell the spammers where their thread SHOULD be. Im sure they will understand. That is how you help..not sit and complain.
I agree with you kougra 3nodding I think i saw some n00b flame you once...That was a good laugh.

sad It seems more and more that the GCD is becoming much more infected with random posts and meaningless banter that does nothing but fill up the GCD more and more with each passing moment.

ooh looky, Krystal got poetic xd

But really, I don't consider myself a 'regular', and I'll admit that. But I do visit the GCD most often, and have watched it's downfall...

Soon it will become another chatterbox gonk Dear lord, I really hope that doesn't happen crying therefore, the sub-forum is a good idea whee
Baneful
I dunno whether I fall within the regulars frame or not, but I too am sick of the misplaced threads and such. I report them too but to medium results.

The mods themselves do do a good job, the threads are moved quite swiftly, but still, people should really be more aware of what this forum entails.

And put avatar talk somewhere else, in here it causes havoc.
You are DEFINITLY a regular! At least by my standards. whee But where would the AT be moved to?
..and where do you suggest they put avatar talk?

It IS part of the gaian community..and people discuss them. It is either a sub forum or they could break it off and make it part of this forum as a whole...that eliminates having to move spam doesn't it? Because it would belong here in the first place. Is that what you want?
tea`leaf
The mods and especially the helpers, bust their asses to keep this forum clean. They work for hours, putting their friends and shops aside to help you all. If they just stopped right now there would be a 75% increase in spam flooding.

The way you make it out to be, you make it look like the mods/helper's fault. If you want to help why not tell the spammers where their thread SHOULD be. Im sure they will understand. That is how you help..not sit and complain.
I would NEVER critisise a mod, helper or admin, and despise those who do so! Did you fail to notice the 'amazing' mods? I know they work their asses off, and thank them for it as much as I can. All I'm saying is that the members should know where to post, so the mods get a well deserved break! I'm personally friends with many helpers, mods, and have spoken with Jakobo previously, and would never blame them for anything. They are what make this site great!
our gcd! our great gcd!
[.Krystal Lyn.]
I agree with you kougra 3nodding I think i saw some n00b flame you once...That was a good laugh.

sad It seems more and more that the GCD is becoming much more infected with random posts and meaningless banter that does nothing but fill up the GCD more and more with each passing moment.

But really, I don't consider myself a 'regular', and I'll admit that. But I do visit the GCD most often, and have watched it's downfall...

Soon it will become another chatterbox gonk Dear lord, I really hope that doesn't happen crying therefore, the sub-forum is a good idea whee
3nodding Yeah, I've seen you around too.
And I've had 3 memorable noobs-flaming-me insidenses, 1 of which the n00bie got banned, the others just seemed to quiet down after they realised I was a regular here. xd
kougramaster666
[.Krystal Lyn.]

3nodding Yeah, I've seen you around too.
And I've had 3 memorable noobs-flaming-me insidenses, 1 of which the n00bie got banned, the others just seemed to quiet down after they realised I was a regular here. xd

oh yay, I'm noticed xd I swear, I see you in almost every thread (well, the well-written ones xd )
I'm not trying to stereotype, or flame or anything...but...
newbs = luff them to death and try to help them becuase they're so cute and innocent whee
n00bs= ..... scream <--- perfect expression
People posting out of place make my blood boil. XD If its the same person over and over again I just PM a mod with examples of how many threads they spammed with... otherwise I just report the thread.

But sometimes a thread that does not belong here is allowed to stay because its getting discussion.... which I guess makes it worth having in the GCD XD

I just wish Jakobo had got the "hello project" working ;o; I was looking forward to it helping the people who don't know what to post where.
[.Krystal Lyn.]

oh yay, I'm noticed xd I swear, I see you in almost every thread (well, the well-written ones xd )
newbs = luff them to death and try to help them becuase they're so cute and innocent whee
3nodding Exactly! *hugs*
Demon Kairos
People posting out of place make my blood boil. XD If its the same person over and over again I just PM a mod with examples of how many threads they spammed with... otherwise I just report the thread.

But sometimes a thread that does not belong here is allowed to stay because its getting discussion.... which I guess makes it worth having in the GCD XD

I just wish Jakobo had got the "hello project" working ;o; I was looking forward to it helping the people who don't know what to post where.
3nodding Yeah, that would of been so cool... And I know what you mean, but I saw a thread a few days ago, obviously written for the GCD, but it was on page 6 and all those 6 pages were a discussion about rasism...
kougramaster666
tea`leaf

I would NEVER critisise a mod, helper or admin, and despise those who do so! Did you fail to notice the 'amazing' mods? I know they work their asses off, and thank them for it as much as I can. All I'm saying is that the members should know where to post, so the mods get a well deserved break! I'm personally friends with many helpers, mods, and have spoken with Jakobo previously, and would never blame them for anything. They are what make this site great!

Yes but you are missing the whole point.

There is NO way to control the members who don't know where to post. If they can't figure out how to follow the guides and directions already enlisted all around the site then maybe they DO need personal assistance. By complaining about all these members that the mods are responsible for.. you are making them feel worthless. Maybe you are asking for too much. Like I said.. instead of complaining about where the helpers are lacking. How about you help them and give those individuals the help they need to move to another forum?

The 'amazing mods' ? Mostly helpers are the ones that clear spam. All day...into the night. You don't see it most of the time. You don't know...
n00bs come and go, they never stay long, although unfortunately they do come here quite often, all we can do is just stand against their ever-growing numbers. ^^; It's not much, but it's all we can do at the moment.

That magic report button is all it takes to get it out of sight. It may take a while, but it eventually gets done. Although the mods are doing a wonderful job as they can, I can't help but think they might need some more help time to time. I think it may help the n00b problem if they promote a few users to mod status. Maybe even just for this forum.

That, or they can completely isolate the chatterbox forum to somewhere easily found, as a few users have suggested. It may not take care of all the n00bs, but it may significantly decrease the total number of spamishness...

As for the Avatar Talk threads, well, I can kind of see it in its own forum by itself. However, I kind of look at it as another chatterbox. ^^; Since many chatterbox threads are similar to the "RATE ME!!" threads. Or so. I'm not completely sure since I don't go to Avatar Talk very often.
kougramaster666
[.Krystal Lyn.]

3nodding Exactly! *hugs*

whee
Oh don't I feel special xd

I need to get more involved in GCD me thinks....*gets out picket signs* I SHALL DEFEND IT!!...*maniacle laughter*

um..I mean.....I'll help out in getting GCD un n00biefied...... *hides crazy self* ninja
tea`leaf
kougramaster666
tea`leaf

Yes but you are missing the whole point.

There is NO way to control the members who don't know where to post. If they can't figure out how to follow the guides and directions already enlisted all around the site then maybe they DO need personal assistance. By complaining about all these members that the mods are responsible for.. you are making them feel worthless. Maybe you are asking for too much. Like I said.. instead of complaining about where the helpers are lacking. How about you help them and give those individuals the help they need to move to another forum?

The 'amazing mods' ? Mostly helpers are the ones that clear spam. All day...into the night. You don't see it most of the time. You don't know...
I know where you're coming from, which is also why I agree with making the GCD a subforum (though I'm not sure where would house it).
Though I swear, I mean no offence to the moderators, helpers and admins.
I also agree that we cannot control what they post, and that we also cannot control what they read. The stickies are there to be read, and are generally what seperates Ragulars from mis-placed topics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff