Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
There are items, that make me go 'meh' about it as a set. Since they don't look like a set to me together.
And then, there are items I don't mind seeing worn as a complete set, at all.
Like the Little Dragonette, because I think it's a cute set.

Anyway, GCD

> Have you ever worn a item as a set?
> Are there items you own more than once? If yes. because you like it or for matching it?
> What item do you love as a set, and which one makes you feel like the poses just don't belong together, despite being a set?
> What's your current favorite item?

Rare

Wearing a set makes you completely unoriginal. Creating an avatar requires some creative skill of mixing and matching; wearing a set is basically like pasting an image of someone else's work where your avatar would be.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Sir Black Tea
Wearing a set makes you completely unoriginal. Creating an avatar requires some creative skill of mixing and matching; wearing a set is basically like pasting an image of someone else's work where your avatar would be.

I don't entirely agree.
I like mixing and I do creative Avis all the time usually, with various items.
Just because I wear a item I like as a set for once, doesn't make me less original.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Honestly, you should just wear whatever you want, even if it's a set.

Just... don't ask for advice, though. You'll be smacked down REAL quick in Avatar Talk.

Man-Hungry Bear

I dont like sets
I feel it is the easy way out when it comes to make a pretty avi.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
As someone who frequented the AT way, way back in the day, I just can't bring myself to wear a full set. The most I'll do is wear 2 items from the set if they don't match anything else. I still own 2 Gothic Veils for this reason.

Moonlight Ace

35,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
I remember when sets were in fashion, then got uncool and AT would bash the hell out of you for wearing one. Personally I try not to wear them (even though I have duplicates of some items), but there's really times when you have to equip the same item multiple times. If it's two completely different poses e.g. a face pose and a bg pose then I don't think that counts as wearing a set. However, it just feels a lot nicer when you mix and match your items and end up finding something that works well together imo.

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think sets are boring :/ they take no effort at all. That said, you should wear whatever the hell you like.

Divine Muse

I like sets, sometimes they look more imaginative than what comes out of the cash shop.

And starter pants, I don't think I will ever get tired of how much I love them. And they didn't cost cash at all!

They don't make my feet look pinched, I don't have knock knee's and I get to choose my own shoes!!

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Hasuki Aatisuto
Honestly, you should just wear whatever you want, even if it's a set.

Just... don't ask for advice, though. You'll be smacked down REAL quick in Avatar Talk.

Ah, it's not about advice for me here, I wear what I want anyway ;3

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
Currently my feet and hair are from the same item set. I don't really care about what someone is wearing to be honest, as long as they like it. And I'm really fond of this avie right now so... yeah you can probably gather my answer from that.
Sir Black Tea

It's really not that serious. razz

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Dinkaw
I think sets are boring :/ they take no effort at all. That said, you should wear whatever the hell you like.

I like to use 3-pose items together with other items sometimes, like Dragonette

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
Lucidly
As someone who frequented the AT way, way back in the day, I just can't bring myself to wear a full set. The most I'll do is wear 2 items from the set if they don't match anything else. I still own 2 Gothic Veils for this reason.

I was wondering who else on gaia has like, 2 of almost anything haha

I personally,
love having two of everything due to some of them having scarves and tops.
I mostly have items of the same color, and it happens to be monochrome I have more of.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I don't personally wear sets often, and try to avoid using even two of the same items, but you know what.
Sometimes it just looks so good I wanna do it anyways.
Or... i just want to and screw everyone else. = w=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces